Inspire 1 prop guards?
8194 23 2014-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tf35strike
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,

I have just seen the size of a Inspire 1 and its props, just wondering if any prop guards have been designed for it?

Any help would be great
2014-12-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not heard of any.  It has been requested from DJI.  We just have to wait.
2014-12-17
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I would really like this - lack of prop guards is making me hold off buying the gorgeous Inspire for the moment.  On my Phantom there were at least two occasions when prop guards saved the day (or at least the Phantom).  In addition, the extra safety they bring is a weight off my mind.

Please DJI?
2015-1-10
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Can't someone with a 3D printer take the prop lock design and incorporate a prop guard into it? It would then just clip on to the top just like the prop lock and serve both purposes.
2015-1-28
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

SkySight Posted at 2015-1-29 13:25
Can't someone with a 3D printer take the prop lock design and incorporate a prop guard into it? It w ...

great idea!
2015-1-28
Use props
MarkNJ
lvl.2

United States

Can't someone with a 3D printer take the prop lock design and incorporate a prop guard into it? It w ...

If you attach it like a prop lock, won't it spin and put an undue strain on the motors?
2015-1-28
Use props
reg
New

Norway

While we wait for the official prop locks to arrive one can minimize the risk for loosing propellars by adding a washer between the prop and the motor bell. Otherwise there is a1 mm gap there and no friction other than by the treads on the shaft. I have seen the "bird" make powerful throttle adjustments (slowing down motors) when trying to keep in locked GPS position - or stop flight and hold position. I think this might be the cause when loosly fastened props spin off the shaft. The motorspeeds changes are much softer in non-GPS modes.

I have done several flights with washers in place. The props sticks a great deal harder when I am taking them off after flight.

Great flying, great footage.
2015-1-29
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

reg@krogvig.com Posted at 2015-1-29 17:38
While we wait for the official prop locks to arrive one can minimize the risk for loosing propellars ...

DJI has issued a statement saying NOT to add washers.
2015-1-29
Use props
johanmfr.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

soon arrive and desing an product by DJI, i ask 2 weeks support and they say yes but not date ...
2015-1-29
Use props
reg
New

Norway

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-1-29 19:53
DJI has issued a statement saying NOT to add washers.

Did they give a reason?

I really can't see why not.
2015-1-29
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

reg@krogvig.com Posted at 2015-1-29 17:38
While we wait for the official prop locks to arrive one can minimize the risk for loosing propellars ...

Elsewhere in this forum, DJI issued a statement NOT to use washers.
2015-1-30
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm very much interested in prop guards and would not even consider flying this thing indoors without them.  I think using the prop guard in conjunction with a prop lock is real smart idea.  I've been flying a different manufacture's quadcopter now for more then a year and they always talk about making sure you tight the nut down during pre flight checks as tight as you can.
2015-1-30
Use props
ajwolnski
New

United States

I don't see how a spinning prop guard would ever work.  It would adversely affect flight.  But I am definitely interested in fixed prop guards for my Inspire 1.
2015-2-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

If DJI are going to manufacture Prop Guards for the Inspire can they be snap on design so they can be taken off for transport in any case.
2015-2-6
Use props
MSTV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6011519 ft
Brazil

The DJI will market helices Protector for Inspire 1?
2015-2-9
Use props
kgarrison.gmail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire 1 is not a beginner copter. It is for experienced flyers. I can't see DJI ever making prop guards. Same reason they have never made them for any of their pro line of copters.
2015-2-9
Use props
Roddy1
lvl.1

Canada

try this on fer size  . . . .

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dji-Inspi ... hash=item3aa15de66e
2015-2-10
Use props
kerimtuncaytaci
New

Turkey

You dont need to buy it here you go guys!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:653920
2015-2-11
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BUMP ...

Any sign of prop guards for the Inspire?  They saved my P2 on a couple of occasions when I was learning to fly it.
2015-2-12
Use props
th3xer
New

Qatar

MarkNJ Posted at 2015-1-29 14:36
If you attach it like a prop lock, won't it spin and put an undue strain on the motors?

Just duct tape it to the part under the motors
2015-2-12
Use props
ulrick
lvl.1
United States

If the prop guard spins, then you have to deal with prop guard balancing issues, additional rotational mass, etc.
2015-2-12
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Inspire 1 is not a beginner copter. It is for experienced flyers. I can't see DJI ever making prop guards. Same reason they have never made them for any of their pro line of copters.

That is silly- no offense. Since when is safety to both people and the aircraft in direct competition with the level of professionalism? That seems backward... the bigger the aircraft, the more of a need for safety.

If that's DJI's take on safety, then perhaps the next $3K I spend on a UAV will be with a company that cares more about safety.
2015-3-2
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Roddy1 Posted at 2015-2-10 19:36
try this on fer size  . . . .

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dji-Inspire-1-propeller-Locks-set-of-5-/2518 ...

This link might work for US Inspire owners:  http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Di ... spire+1+prop+guards
2015-10-19
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Here ya go   https://www.smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=i1PG
2015-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules