Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lone Star 600 Dirt Track Race
1334 4 2015-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STPimages
lvl.1

United States

I typically do boring work (in terms of video footage) with my Phantom 3 - land surveys, intersection traffic impact studies, real estate footage and other commercial work.  However, this past weekend, a friend of mine promoted a dirt track race in Houston called the Lone Star 600.  I drove race cars for years and participated in the race last year, so I couldn't get aerial footage.  However, this year, I did not drive in the race and I was able to take the Phantom 3 out to get footage of the race.

The race is nuts.  The race paid $25,000.00 to the winner.  There are zero rules for the cars.  If it can pass a safety inspection, then it can race.  Anything goes, and I mean ANYTHING goes.  The race is run on a quarter mile track (measured around the inside lane, it is the same size as a 400 meter running track).  What is really insane is the fact that there is no limit on how many cars can start the race.  There were 200+ entries from across the USA.  Nearly 200 cars started the race that lasted 600 laps!  It is the only 600 lap dirt track race in the states.  Check out the edited footage!

2015-10-6
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Ha, Looks like anywhere big city rush hour.
2015-10-6
Use props
ace789nj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151309 ft
United States

lignow Posted at 2015-10-6 22:01
Ha, Looks like anywhere big city rush hour.

LOL I was just about to post,... me on my daily commute.
2015-10-6
Use props
tommycbaker
lvl.3
United States

so, because your buddy was the promoter, you had permission to fly over in an active race?  i always want to do something like that but i doubt they would just let random people fy over tracks or events.  
2015-10-6
Use props
STPimages
lvl.1

United States

tommycbaker@swb Posted at 2015-10-7 00:24
so, because your buddy was the promoter, you had permission to fly over in an active race?  i always ...

That is correct.  He asked me to take aerial video so he could use it to promote the third annual event in 2016.  He will use the raw footage I captured to create videos that he will post online to entice more participants next year.

This video I posted here was simply some of my favorite footage in a quick and dirty edited video.
2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules