New DJI GO version (iOS) with added 'features'
1268 3 2015-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

So saw on FB today that a new version of DJI GO is out for iOS.

Looks like they fixed the iOS9 issues, added support for the X5 and LB2.

But wait! there's more!
You get the ability to mix in videos taken with your tablet as well as the inspire and new unlockable user medals!
Just what every professional aerial photographer/videographer has been eagerly awaiting...

So much for the Inspire being a professional platform - spend thousands, then thousands more on camera upgrades and you get more rubbish in the flight app.
Why are you wasting your time with this DJI? Why is it that we can't we get fixes for crooked horizons, laggy slave video feed, vertical drift and a codec that doesn't crush detail but you choose to allocate your engineering and development resources to create such irrelevances?
Fullscreen capture 6102015 113037 PM.jpg
Fullscreen capture 6102015 113125 PM.jpg
2015-10-6
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Are the ads gone?  It looks unprofessional when I'm outputing to hdmi and the ad loads to buy the new dji product and the crew sees it on the monitor :/
2015-10-6
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

So if I am not mistaken there is no new firmware to go with the new app. Didn't see one on the download site. Assuming that is true, how does the app fix the issues for people using IOS 9.x? I would think firmware would have to be updated for that purpose.

Looking forward to getting a medal btw.
2015-10-6
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

remltr Posted at 2015-10-6 17:22
So if I am not mistaken there is no new firmware to go with the new app. Didn't see one on the downl ...

I suppose if the issues were between the app and iOS 9, then only changes to the app would be needed. I also see that since the app is for phantom platforms too then toy type stuff will be included.
It would be nice to be able to switch off some of the bloatware on Inspire and Matrice platform selections.
2015-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules