Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UNDER THE TREES
12Next >
3744 67 2015-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

[size=14.6667px]Found a new site today... man... its dark under the trees... had the exposure set as high as i could [size=14.6667px]without blowing it away... still... it was hard to see were i was going... flying FPV off the ipad was a challenge.... hope you enjoy the ride.....    [size=14.6667px] [size=14.6667px]

2015-10-6
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I marvel at the flying.  I've had a number of crashes and thankfully none serious and no one hurt, but I won't be flying like this video anytime soon.  Thanks for the post.
2015-10-6
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-7 21:30
I'm not conversant with the regulations in Aus, Skycam, but I would offer a word of caution about po ...

Gee thanks Paul for your concern ... rather than jumping on me... if your so god damned worried... why dont you go on the FPV site and start preaching to them... i am sure they will listen to you... look... everbody fly's FPV to some degree and the one's that dont its because they cant... every time you see a distance flight posted... do you preach to them?.. what they are doing is a lot more dangerous then what i do... at least i know the only thing that can be hurt is my Inspire...  did you see anybody around when i was doing my flight... NO...i take a lot of care when i fly ... so you know what you can do with your advice ....
2015-10-7
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2015-10-7 18:11
I marvel at the flying.  I've had a number of crashes and thankfully none serious and no one hurt, b ...

Thanks for your kind comment naildrivingman.... its just practice ... and a lot of time....
2015-10-7
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-7 22:26
I can see what you intend to do with my advice.

I offered my advice simply because I am someone wh ...

The reason you dont fly FPV is because you cant... if you think flying LOS is the future of UAV i suggest you think again... flying FPV is the real future... UAV pilots will be FPV approved... as instrument flying is for pilots...
2015-10-7
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

i don't have the balls to fly FPV. It's just to much cash in the air and I'd rather see my inspire 1 with my two eyes and iPad.
2015-10-7
Use props
lio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40446 ft
United States

All of your videos are fantastic skycam! Really amazing stuff. Just curious; how many crashes do you approximate you've had in order to get this good? Is this your first Inspire or have you gone through a couple as you mastered your ninja flying skills?
2015-10-7
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

ibdronin Posted at 2015-10-7 23:45
i don't have the balls to fly FPV. It's just to much cash in the air and I'd rather see my inspire 1 ...

Hi ibdronin... just take it slow... and lots of practise ...and... you can do it to....
2015-10-7
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

lio@creativenoo Posted at 2015-10-8 00:30
All of your videos are fantastic skycam! Really amazing stuff. Just curious; how many crashes do you ...

Thanks for your kind comment lio... no crashes... i have had my Inspire for 9 months... nearly 200 hours up on it now... i got into flying FPV with the Phantoms.... i have over 500 hours flying FPV... and ...over 1000 hours in total flying UAV's....
2015-10-7
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-7 05:40
That just goes to show what little you know about me, then...

I CAN and HAVE flown (my training a ...

Paul,I agree with you .Not sure why you would want to fly between trees when you could get the same views by walking .Yes ,great pilot skills but is he not just showing off ?
2015-10-7
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

mtnred@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-8 07:30
Paul,I agree with you .Not sure why you would want to fly between trees when you could get the sam ...

God mtnred.. how can you say that... same view walking through there... to fly like this with a Inspire takes a lot of practice and lot of time... and as far as showing off... well of course i am after all the time and effort ...why not... nearly 200 hours with the Inspire... how many hours have you got on yours ?... dont be so quick to criticise what you dont understand ...
2015-10-7
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

skycam Posted at 2015-10-7 19:35
God mtnred.. how can you say that... same view walking through there... to fly like this with a In ...

I have had mine for nearly a year and fly most days .Living in Napa Valley allows that .Never crashed the I1 different story with the P2V+ .I still have an oak tree that runs away from me .Could I do what u did ? No ,my skill are in the air .I have never tried flying around trees .I like seeing her the whole time .So I do not even go out to far . I have 40 acres to play around with ,keeps me busy .
2015-10-8
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

How on earth can you do this - thanks for posting
2015-10-8
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-10-9 05:49
How on earth can you do this - thanks for posting

Its time and practice nisblix.... hundreds of hours.... taking risks... and always challenging yourself ...
2015-10-8
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have the young generation flying the small uav's around here doing about the same thing.  Takes skill and fast reflex to do it but is not my cup of tea and have no interest in it.  Quality video is where it is at for me with nice effects and with non of that hot rod crap.
2015-10-8
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-10-9 09:53
We have the young generation flying the small uav's around here doing about the same thing.  Takes s ...

Sounds like keeping it safe and taking no risk with your Inspire is your cup of tea vonbaron... well... i guess you will have to come to someone like me... when the shot you want... you cannot do... that is what this video is about... confidence and control ...NOT... flying through and under trees...
2015-10-8
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Skycam, the video is nice and I can see you have the skills to do it, I've only ever flown electric planes and toy-grade FPV quads like that, the Inspire doesn't seem right in this situation because of all the automatic controls/stabilisation etc. whereas you get full manual control of thrust etc. with the toy-grade quads and traditional planes.

That said, I'm not sure the hostility was warranted, a lot of people in this community (myself included) are really worried about having our hobby/work further limited, further restricted or outright banned (as was the case in China for a week after those reporters filmed stuff in Tianjin).

You were probably aware already but I think it's good to let anyone seeing a video like this for the first time that they need to check their local laws because it is a new technology and it's not like cars in that we've had cars for several generations and grow up with our parents and friends talking about car laws, best practices, car culture, etc. so by the time we actually get a car we have a pretty good idea what is legal/safe and what is not.

People seeing these videos may very well want to get into the hobby and that's great but they have to be aware and not do anything that will affect everyone else (like breaking a law which then means we have further restrictions imposed on us). That's what I worry about and I know it's annoying to have people come and say, "Oh, you can't do X, Y, Z." but for now I think it's useful for the newbies.
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ohh that looks dangerous {:3_57:}
2015-10-8
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Hterag Posted at 2015-10-9 13:42
Skycam, the video is nice and I can see you have the skills to do it, I've only ever flown electric  ...

If you look closely Hterag.... that flight was done in a controlled and safe manner ... i was elevated... the Inspire was in view all of the flight....i was flying of a ipad... (no glasses).... i new were the inspire was all the time... there was absolutely no one around... i take a lot of care when i practice .... that video was made after one hour of flying beforehand ....to get a feel... and... a flight plan for the area... you are making a mountain out of a ant hill....
2015-10-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-9 15:10
ohh that looks dangerous

Its only dangerous for the Inspire...DJI Tim...
2015-10-9
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

Skycam, very nice flying.......
Can you tell me what version firmware you are using?  
I have found with version 1.4 my inspire elevation is drifting up and down with any change in direction by about 2 feet.  So, it would be impossible for me to try that.  
BTW, I have done the IMU and Compass cal multiple times to solve the problem.  I have also noticed on there are several others with the same problem.

thanks
2015-10-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

sthuemmel Posted at 2015-10-10 23:21
Skycam, very nice flying.......
Can you tell me what version firmware you are using?  
I have found  ...

Hi sthuemmel thank you for your comment ... i am still on 1.2 FW.... i never rush in with a update.... but... will have to update when my X5 arrives...
2015-10-10
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47674 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skycam nice flying. I read the concerns of the critics and I get it I do, but these critics would have us fly only in zones that prevent us from exploring so much of what this hobby or in some cases business is all about. It's true that flying over or around people is dangerous to an extent and maybe it should be avoided. But so much of what we can image, the beauty of it includes human or animal life it's a hard call I know I have made the call to have people in some of my stuff. FPV is really fun and finding help to spot is not an option at times after all not everyone enjoys our thing. I see no harm in your work here you did due diligence and made sure it was safe. You fly very conservatively  in the video beautifully I might add. I would assume that those that judged you in the negative didn't or choose not to see that you were in control. Also you were flying one of the most stable and reliable platforms DJI has, yes there are people that have had inspire problems but they are in the minority as I see it. One day I hope to be at your skill level!

Keep up the good works I am sure you won't be discouraged here
2015-10-11
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Kenrwi Posted at 2015-10-11 22:46
Skycam nice flying. I read the concerns of the critics and I get it I do, but these critics would ha ...

Thank you Kenrwi for your understanding and encouragement.... i think some people get so caught up with the legalities... they limit themselves.... there is a grey area here... if you look at your monitor and move the Inspire technically you are flying FPV and therefore breaking the law... i would say the critics  here would be even guilty of that.... i could have looked up at any time and taken control flying LOS...
2015-10-11
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Fly however you want, it's your choice and as long as you don't inujure anyone then we don't honestly give a damn.
If CASA come after you then so be it, if they don't then continue as you are no-one here will stop you.
Don't expect us to treat you like some sort of hero however.

But for christ's sake learn some punctuation and grammar skills!
2015-10-11
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-12 05:44
Firstly, you really need to understand the difference between someone being a critic and someone of ...

I do care what is legal.... that is why i made sure i could see the Inspire when i did the video.... and that there was absolutely no one around.... please stop telling us how qualified you are...instead... how about posting a video and showing us all your flying skills... i am sure after all that study and training you should be able to fly fantastic... and i for one would be interested in seeing what all your study and experience has amounted to...
2015-10-11
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-10-12 06:33
Fly however you want, it's your choice and as long as you don't inujure anyone then we don't honestl ...

Thanks Farnk666 i will fly how i want ...and i will always do it with the safety of the public as my number one concern ...   i am not looking to be treated like a hero... that video was not about flying through or under trees... it is about... confidence and control and hundreds of hours of practice.... ha ha... when you stoop to telling me to correcting my grammar.... well that says a lot about you to.... Farnk666...
2015-10-11
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Australia

skycam Posted at 2015-10-12 12:18
Thanks Farnk666 i will fly how i want ...and i will always do it with the safety of the public as  ...

Yep you are completely correct, it says that I have received a basic level of literary education and competence in the English language.

2015-10-11
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-12 09:46
A) You certainly could not see the Inspire unless you have superhuman x-ray vision and eyes on stal ...

Ok Paul you have made your point again and again....... over 1000 hours no crashes here... irresponsible ?  ... what is your flying record ? ... and... i could see the Inspire ..... so there has been no law broken.... that is why i responded the way i did in the beginning of this post... i just get put of by people like you coming in and telling me what i should or not be doing.... i have been flying a long time .... i know what the law's are concerning UAV's.... another thing... just because you have a operators certificate.... does not necessarily make you a good pilot... a average pilot at the best from what i have seen....
2015-10-11
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-10-12 10:29
Yep you are completely correct, it says that I have received a basic level of literary education a ...

Congratulations Farn666....and i am sure that will make you a better pilot... by the way what qualification do you have ... a Controllers Certificate or a Operators Certificate ?
2015-10-11
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Australia

skycam Posted at 2015-10-12 13:51
Congratulations Farn666....and i am sure that will make you a better pilot... by the way what qual ...
Yes, I think that an ability to communicate clearly with others in writing will certainly contribute to being an effective pilot. Thanks for the support.
Why do you feel the need to punish your full stop key? How does having three full stops every time emphasise or otherwise clarify your statements and half sentences?

My having or not having an OC or CC is irrelevant and none of your business.

Safe flying and I hope that your success continues.

2015-10-11
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-12 17:05
No.
You could not see the Inspire - Your claim that you could is blatantly untrue!
You cannot see t ...

Paul are you the full quid ?..... you are so full of yourself... man... just because you have a OC... you think you know everything... well i have news for you... you  don't....there is a lot going on that you have no idea of...  and stop telling me what i did on that video... you were not there so you know nothing.... get a life and stop giving out advise that is not wanted.... i don't want your advise... do you understand that ?... if you do please do not reply to this comment...
2015-10-12
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

Simple question, maybe I do not understand, but here it is... Why? What purpose does this serve?  I understand some pilots need to be able to fly FPV/instrument when they are in combat or long range inspection, etc, but why the I1???  And why in this manner, all hectic and all about "under trees" and through them, again, why?

Brad
2015-10-12
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-12 22:57
>  you were not there so you know nothing.

The video, along with your own comments are everything ...

Thank god that its over...before you start jumping to conclusions get your facts straight ... it was NOT a public place (that is why there was no one around) the land is least by the tennis club (which i am a member of) i had permission to be there...the shelter i was sitting in is owned by the club... you have blown this way out of proportion Paul...
2015-10-12
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

precisionair Posted at 2015-10-12 23:45
Simple question, maybe I do not understand, but here it is... Why? What purpose does this serve?  I  ...

Good question Brad...  i do this to improve my flying skills... this was just another practice day with the Inspire... flying through and under the trees is just a means to a end.... the end being... i will be able to fly my Inspire in any situation confidently... if you dont challenge yourself its hard to improve ..
2015-10-12
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

skycam Posted at 2015-10-12 22:49
Good question Brad...  i do this to improve my flying skills... this was just another practice day ...

Please may I be an umpire here.
Skycam I so envy your nimble thumbs and your ability to judge distance via a 2D screen.
I wish I had your talent.
I believe you are reading Pauls comments as a direct slur on your abilities, I didn't detect any such statement.
He, like 90% of the users of this site are terrified that our passion for UAVs will be trashed by legislation.
Primarily by irresponsible flyers getting us all, bad press.
Had you in the first instance stated that you were on private land not accessible by the public and had permission to be there flying the machine.
Then I doubt that Paul would have felt compelled to voice his concern as you would have achieved legal permission. In this instance you both were negligent.
Paul, it would have been better had you enquired first about the location status.
Skycam, you should have made clear your entitlement regarding the location much sooner.
I wish safe and endless enjoyment of UAVs to you both.
2015-10-13
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2015-10-13 16:04
Please may I be an umpire here.
Skycam I so envy your nimble thumbs and your ability to judge dist ...

Thanks ambambcopter.. i agree with you 100%..... for my part i apologise for not bringing that up in the beginning.... and ...thanks for the nimble thumbs thing....
2015-10-13
Use props
Zbounce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181125 ft
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-11 16:44
Firstly, you really need to understand the difference between someone being a critic and someone of ...

Thank you Paul K from a American newbie. Never hurts to be reminded or educated.
Z
2015-10-13
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gentleman just wanted to share his video with us. For the sake of humanity, stop being such negative Nancy's. Enjoy it and move on.
2015-10-13
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

skycam Posted at 2015-10-9 17:07
If you look closely Hterag.... that flight was done in a controlled and safe manner ... i was eleva ...

I don't think you read my post. I didn't say it wasn't safe, you couldn't see it or that it was dangerous. I was talking about how people who have never flown before might react to seeing it and suggested putting in a disclaimer about laws or mentioning the safety precautions you took.

What you said in the message to me there is all I'd like to see. When you say you were careful to check the area, that you didn't use FPV glasses, you knew where it was the whole time, that's all you really need to say so that newbies have been informed.
2015-10-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules