Bought a new battery. TB48 what do i do ?
2330 7 2015-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibosafa
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking a moment. I bought a new battery for inspire 1 (5700 mah) TB48. What do i do before i use it. Do i just put it into drone and start using ? Or do i need to upgrade it somehow ? Just wanted to make sure...

Thx in advance
2015-10-7
Use props
intheairimages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 801099 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

When I get a new battery the first thing I do is fully charge it, then update it to the current version of firmware that my Inspire is running. Once that is all done I take the Inspire out and just sit it in the hover until the battery is down to 50%, I then re-charge and do this again. It's very boring and probably overkill, but these batteries are expensive and I want to break them in gently so they last as long as possible.

To upgrade the firmware/software just go through the normal update procedure, it only takes a couple of minutes as it's obviously only updating the battery, not the whole aircraft again.

Hope this helps!
2015-10-7
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Thanks for this, it's useful information. Is there a way to check the battery firmware version? I tried doing the update with my new TB48 just then and it was either already at the latest firmware or it updated in seconds.
2015-10-10
Use props
InspireHelp
lvl.2

United States

There is no way to view the current firmware version of the battery. If you put the BIN on the root of your memory card, power up your Inspire, and it does not start beeping like it's installing the firmware, then it's already installed and you're good to go.
2015-10-10
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I suggest you look at this  http://forum.dji.com/thread-23697-1-1.html
follow above instructions to make sure your bat. is updated  you may want to cycle battery also
2015-10-10
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Simple.... Charge battery - input batter into your inspire 1 and allow it to update. That's it! Nothing difficult at all. Remember to always have a full charge on your batteries before taking flight. Even at 60% can have a catastrophic outcome!
2015-10-10
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

ibdronin Posted at 2015-10-10 22:58
Simple.... Charge battery - input batter into your inspire 1 and allow it to update. That's it! Noth ...

I agree and affirm ibdronin's comment.

I flew two nights ago with a 100% battery for 5-7 minutes and the battery was down to 60%.  I took it out again last night and the battery read 58%.  Flew for TWO minutes and the aircraft commenced auto landing.  Luckily nothing was in the way.  Do not trust a partially discharged battery.
2015-10-11
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

naildrivingman hit it right on the nail!   100% charge up or just don't fly. It isn't worth the risk.
2015-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules