RMA Process & Payment Status
5455 11 2015-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sam.yoursitetea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71463 ft
United States

So I had my P3 Pro for 8 days and had 2 hours & 45 minutes of flight time on it when I started getting and ESC error.  I flew it one day without issue, the next days it was erroring out. After trying all of the work arounds and diagnostic testing, I ended up having to send it in to be repaired.  VERY disappointing to have to send it in to be fixed after just 8 days.

Anyhow, I sent it in on Sept 20 and it finally got checked into their system on Oct 2. I was wondering if anyone knew what the  "Payment Status: Waiting Payment" indicated.  

I never got an email and I hope that I don't have to pay for the fix after only 8 days of owernership.

repair-status.png
2015-10-7
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

I saw the same "Payment Status: Waiting Payment" on mine at first.  It changed to "Free of Charge" after a few days.  It appears that DJI has abandoned their ZenDesk and set up their own "communication System".
Of course, I have been waiting for my P2V+ to be repaired or replaced due to airframe stress fractures since I sent it back to DJI, Torrence, CA on JULY 10th.
Good luck.
2015-10-7
Use props
sam.yoursitetea
lvl.1
United States

Movin on Posted at 2015-10-7 13:06
I saw the same "Payment Status: Waiting Payment" on mine at first.  It changed to "Free of Charge" a ...

DAMN!! Thanks for the advice.  Best of luck to you as well!
2015-10-7
Use props
sam.yoursitetea
lvl.1
United States

i just got an invoice for $83 to replace a motor!

I've owned it for 8 days and have less than 3 hours of flight time... Wouldnt you think that should be warranty issue?
reapair_invoice.png

2015-10-7
Use props
sam.yoursitetea
lvl.1
United States

So the explanation I received is that the aftermarket prop guard screws damaged one of the motors.  

I didn't overly torque any of them, but maybe I got some bum screws.  You would think all 4 motors would have been damaged.

FYI.. these are the guards I had installed
http://www.amazon.com/Summitlink%C2%AE-Professional-Disconnect-Propeller-Protector/dp/B00RFX2L6G
2015-10-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We are seeing multiple craft that have been damaged by aftermarket prop guards.  I am sorry for your experience.
2015-10-9
Use props
sam.yoursitetea
lvl.1
United States

So, I got it back a week ago and was able to fly it for a week and now the gimbal has started freaking out.  Any known issues or do I need to send it back again?

2015-10-27
Use props
DJI.Terry
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, Sam, crash/flip/hard landing may cause this. Have you tried calibrate the gimbal in your APP? If that does not work, I'm afraid you have to send it back again.   
2015-10-28
Use props
sam.yoursitetea
lvl.1
United States

I was flying and did not have any of those issues.  I landed as normal, replaced the battery and took off and then that started happening.

I have tried multiple IMU, Gimbal & Compass calibrations, but not luck.  I tried calling and have not been able to get through so I submitted a ticket 2 days ago to see if I could get the return process underway.

Any idea how long it takes for ticket responses at https://djitechnologyllc.freshdesk.com/?
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI.Terry
DJI team

Hong Kong

Have replied in the other post. Pls advise ticket # so I can help follow up. Thanks.
2015-10-29
Use props
sam.yoursitetea
lvl.1
United States

some one answered not long after I posted this
2015-11-17
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-9 22:18
We are seeing multiple craft that have been damaged by aftermarket prop guards.  I am sorry for your ...

How long before anything shows up in the repair cue? My unit arrived at your facility yesterday and was signed for by BBOBBY?
2016-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules