12853 25 2014-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gruprecht
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Would this be suitable for the use with the Inspire 1?

2014-12-17
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Carl Zeiss Cinemizer OLED 3D is the Best that I have experienced with I contact DJI about seeing if I can use a IPad Air and the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED 3D together they confirmed it can be used together one via USB other Via HDMI also the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED 3D you can see over the top or bottom for sight view of the Unit.
I'm no DJI expert just looked into before the question was posted, I hope this helps.
2014-12-17
Use props
gruprecht
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for your reply..... I don't even know that this is the way I would go, however I did ask the same question to DJI's Technical Support Team and they replied " At present ,our Inspire I is not compatible with the Carl Zeiss Cinemizer OLED Video Glasses as well as the other glasses." Is there a reason for this? Does anyone see using FPV glasses with the Inspire 1 to be an issue?
2014-12-18
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

"Does anyone see using FPV glasses with the Inspire 1 to be an issue?"

Shouldn't be an issue at all in the US, as long as the pilot is not wearing them.  

Current voluntary safety guidelines, common sense,  and (almost certain) future law for unlicensed UAV operation all require the pilot to maintain direct visual contact with the vehicle.
2014-12-18
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

ultraturtle Posted at 2014-12-19 07:41
"Does anyone see using FPV glasses with the Inspire 1 to be an issue?"

Shouldn't be an issue at all ...

I talked with DJI Tech support and the HDMI to Carl Zeiss works perfect, and if your using a (Idevice) via USB that will work in conjunction with the goggles and both will display FPV
I hope this helps
2014-12-18
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I see no reason why you can't hook up your goggles via an HDMI cable. The reason why DJI don't indorse FVP (I believe), is because of the latency in the Lightbridge transmission.
2014-12-19
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2014-12-19 16:52
I see no reason why you can't hook up your goggles via an HDMI cable. The reason why DJI don't indor ...

They Don't ENDORSE IT where did you get that information, they are selling the Carl Zeiss with there Light Bridge Combos or you can purchase it separately, I think you missed the mark on that statement
2014-12-19
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

cmontisano@smuh Posted at 2014-12-19 23:13
They Don't ENDORSE IT where did you get that information, they are selling the Carl Zeiss with the ...

I think you miss-read my post. Chill out
2014-12-22
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2014-12-22 16:26
I think you miss-read my post. Chill out

No worries no pun intended, Happy Holidays
2014-12-22
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

you guy do realize that the laws being drawn up regarding drone flight will not allow you to use FPV goggles.  The craft is meant to be flown LINE of sight, meaning that you will have to be able to see the aircraft at all times.  I  Europe and in Canada you have to be able to see the craft at all times.  I am  not even sure if you can fly with the goggles and a spotter.  I am sure that is why DJI is not saying anything regarding the goggles
2014-12-22
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2014-12-23 08:52
you guy do realize that the laws being drawn up regarding drone flight will not allow you to use FPV ...

I think there needs to be drawn a distinction between using goggles and FPV. Due to the latency of Lightbridge FPV is not recommended. However, the use of goggles for viewing the output from the camera has advantages, particularly on bright days, when trying to see a monitor/tablet is difficult. Of course this would need to be done is dual operator mode.
2014-12-23
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I agree the second operator has better viewing then looking at a tablet, is it illegal here in the US? I know people who fly with Carl Zeiss all the time my experience if you don't use the blackout shades on them the glasses are cut so you can see out the top and bottom very clearly and have perfect eye contact on your bird at all times and still see what your viewing from the camera?
2014-12-23
Use props
anderson_leung
New

Hong Kong

cmontisano@smuh Posted at 2014-12-19 12:21
I talked with DJI Tech support and the HDMI to Carl Zeiss works perfect, and if your using a (Idev ...

Any idea if the goggle connected to the remote control HDMI would still have the telementory data shown? Or if the Inspire App screen shown instead?
2014-12-25
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I think it's an option in the app to have the OSD overlaid over the video output on HDMI.
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

pauldean85@goog Posted at 2014-12-26 02:47
I think it's an option in the app to have the OSD overlaid over the video output on HDMI.

I ask the same question two at least two sale associates, they both stated yes you will see the same as the Ipad via app
2014-12-25
Use props
anderson_leung
New

Hong Kong

cmontisano@smuh Posted at 2014-12-26 04:34
I ask the same question two at least two sale associates, they both stated yes you will see the sa ...

That's great.
2014-12-25
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

What about the Epson Moverio Glasses? Very similar to aviation 'heads up display' so you have the best of both worlds, line of sight and FPV.
2014-12-27
Use props
nick206pug.emai
New

Australia

Koavog Posted at 2014-12-27 23:36
What about the Epson Moverio Glasses? Very similar to aviation 'heads up display' so you have the be ...

There's no HDMI input on the  Epson Moverio Glasses.  Otherwise, they'd be the way to go.
2015-1-26
Use props
photojay
New

United States

Where can I purchase FPV glasses, any suggestions?
2015-4-22
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/se ... arch=yes&sts=pi I have these and they work great.
2015-4-22
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

photojay Posted at 2015-4-23 13:07
Where can I purchase FPV glasses, any suggestions?

I have these and they work great. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/se ... arch=yes&sts=pi
2015-4-22
Use props
photojay
New

United States

Thank you. Do I need to buy any  assessories like cable to make it work with my inspire 1???
2015-4-24
Use props
Blademan
lvl.1

Russia

photojay Posted at 2015-4-25 11:00
Thank you. Do I need to buy any  assessories like cable to make it work with my inspire 1???

Cable  - HDMI Mini <-> HDMI Mini
2015-4-25
Use props
macguyca.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106946 ft
Canada

Blademan Posted at 2015-4-26 08:11
Cable  - HDMI Mini  HDMI Mini

I have a question about the cinemizers and please only answer if you know for sure. Hdmi connections work amazing but when i plug in the 3.5 jack composite to mini i get no pic, now this isnt the original cable that came with it but is the one supplied that i cant find spacific to ziess or can i use any cable and if so why do mine not work
2015-5-25
Use props
wcough
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10566736 ft
  • >>>
United States

macguyca.gmail Posted at 2015-5-26 08:38
I have a question about the cinemizers and please only answer if you know for sure. Hdmi connectio ...

same question brought up some time ago
in the hd  lightbridge setting tab in pilot app  you must enable simultaneous image output to app and hdmi
2015-5-25
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

anderson_leung@ Posted at 2014-12-26 01:59
Any idea if the goggle connected to the remote control HDMI would still have the telementory data  ...

Yes it will show the same data and picture as on your Ipad/phone  screen if you checked the box in the pilot app. I have tested it.
2015-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules