o(^-^)o
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-9 19:10
Hi Rob,

It is true the X3 and the Osmo handle are not currently compatible.

Hi Dave,

Could you please clarify? It is announced to be compatible with the X3 in DJI's own online store...
http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-handle-kit

*Will* it be supported with the X3?
Or have something come up that it will *never* be compatible? I've had one on order for months now, and it will arrive soon. Need to know if I have to cancel the order.
2015-11-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-9 10:08
Yep, right now it is not currently compatible. I agree with your thinking. When I get one I will g ...

Thanks Dave, you are spot on and all of the things that can go wrong... I just like keeping everything working correctly. For the extra money to change over to the complete unit, it was worth it to me...
PS, I don't have lots of money... my wallet is now empty again.

Rich   
2015-11-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Rob W Posted at 2015-11-9 12:16
Hi Dave,

Could you please clarify? It is announced to be compatible with the X3 in DJI's own onli ...

Hi Rob. I wish I could say 100% one way or the other. With the limited info I have I can not advise  if you should cancel your order. If you were my neighbor or a good friend that I talked to on the phone all the time, or went flying with, I would give you my opinion and some friendly advice. But I work for DJI and this is a public forum.
I hope you can understand my position.

I can say that it is not currently compatible or supported with the X3. The online store needs to be updated.
I can also say that I am going to buy the Osmo with included Osmo camera.

Dave
2015-11-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-9 10:08
Yep, right now it is not currently compatible. I agree with your thinking. When I get one I will g ...

FYI,

I just received my email notice that my new OSMO has shipped.... Now that is fast!! I am not sure if they kept my place in line for the previous order that was cancelled (handle only)?

Rich
2015-11-9
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-10 03:31
Hi Rob. I wish I could say 100% one way or the other. With the limited info I have I can not advis ...

Thank you, Dave, for your support.

The following is not directed to you or support. I think it is quite serious that a product (the Osmo handle) is not compatible with the X3. It is nothing short of false advertising as it is now, and have been for long.

I ordered the X5 camera which I got last week, and the Osmo handle for using the X3 camera on. The X5 people are not quite happy with due to the cost it have compared to what it deliver. Now the X3 is useless and I have to buy the full Osmo which costs over $480 more than just the Osmo handle. Add the cost of the X5 to it (because I want to use both cameras frequently and don't detach/attach the X3 on the Inspire).

Quite an investment done due to false advertising!
2015-11-10
Use props
f.ziqubu.gmail
New

South Africa

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-17 04:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p7FN4P1xZE&feature=youtu.be

Hey pretty cool vid. *thumbsup*
I was wondering if you may know of the availability of the Wide Angle Lens for the Dji Osmo Cam??
2016-2-11
Use props
f.ziqubu.gmail
New

South Africa

knarfboy Posted at 2015-10-8 19:32
The secret is public... DJI OSMO
in DJI Store : http://goo.gl/XBCved

I was wondering if you may know of the availability of the Wide Angle Lens for the Dji Osmo Cam??
2016-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules