DJI OSMO - buy without camera?
17629 48 2015-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryan.mcclure
New

Indonesia

I'm a production guy first, drone pilot second. For me, the Inspire 1 is a flying camera and I bought it, partly, because of the promise of this device.
Having witnessed DJI struggle with customer support and massive global launches, I don't mind waiting a bit more.

My guess is they INTEND for the Inspire 1 camera to work with the OSMO base and it most certainly physically fits on there - but they are still working out the kinks in the software piece that will make them work together seamlessly. Having built software I don't blame them.

Imagine finishing your first Osmogasmic hand held shoot, strapping the camera back onto the Inspire 1 rig and having it promptly fly out to sea and go kamekazi.

I'll wait be waiting for the official release as a base-only unit for Inspire 1 owners.
2015-10-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is available now.  http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-handle-kit
2015-10-14
Use props
therealmikereal
New

United States

http://m.dji.com/product/osmo-handle-kit
2015-10-15
Use props
zendejg
New

United States

the price is about $250.00 for the handle alone, but be aware I myself am having trouble mounting the x5 gimble on the Osmo. It will not tighten down and looks like the interlocks on the handle will not allow the gimble to seat properly...Still trying to modify it
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

zendejg Posted at 2016-1-5 03:24
the price is about $250.00 for the handle alone, but be aware I myself am having trouble mounting th ...

The X5 camera needs the adapter to mount it on the Osmo, the adapter and the firmware is not available right now.
QQ图片20160105110236.jpg
2016-1-4
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-13 23:42
That is what the Project Manager told me.  If you are mounting on a Inspire 1, non-Pro, you will n ...

99 dollars is expensive for a mounting plate just sayin.  
2016-1-5
Use props
Dyln
New

United States

HELP. I purchased the osmo handle kit and am using the X3 from my inspire for the handle. Everything is current as far as firmware goes, but i am experiencing a problem with the FPV on my iPhone. A rep from dji told me to simultaneously hold the record button, trigger, and power button until the osmos lights went into an alternating red and green cycle. (im not certain the reasoning why, or what this did exactly.)

Can anyone help me digress further on what the issue could be, or help me figure out what the problem could be?

Thanks in Advance.

2016-1-17
Use props
John Anderson
lvl.1

South Africa

AllanVB Posted at 2015-10-8 20:55
Well I took the plunge and ordered.  Anyone out there want to buy an X3.  Let me know.  Priced to se ...

The idea is, if you're a 1 man show.. you can have a gig like a wedding or something. Use your Osmo to capture the vows and have your Inspire 1 on standby outside. When they're about to exit the church you leave the Osmo on a tripod near the door to catch them exiting and you launch your Inspire 1 to capture the rice toss.. then track them all the way to the car, and even as they drive off and then take the bird up for a cinematic ending.

You don't need a copilot you just need to keep your wits about you.. so in short, don't sell the 2nd X3.
2016-3-3
Use props
AndreyUK
New

Ukraine

great review http://gear-mania.com/2016/03/dji-osmo-camera/
2016-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules