Crash on new battery
649 1 2015-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chorley.bunce
New

Ireland

I took delivery of two new TB48 Battery's this week, I ordered them from the main dealer in The UK.
At Aprox 11:30 I put one of the new battery's on to charge. At around 14:00 I placed that fully charged new battery in my  inspire 1. All was fine very little wind lovely sunny day in Ireland, excellent flying conditions.
I was using my iphone 6 which was showing 70% charge and a fully charged controller. I did one lap of my house and garden (I have a big garden) and came into land all good. My second flight with that same battery, I practicing low level slow subtle manoeuvres round the garden. The Inspire was around 3-4m off the ground and around 5m away from me and was showing 2min bat life. I can’t quite recall exactly what happened next because i went into a bit of a panic!! I was about to lower the legs for landing when the inspire 1 just took on a life of its own and decided to just shot up virtually into the sky at a rate of knots.
Not sure how high it went as I was in a bit of a panic, wondering what the hell was happening.
Then after around 10 sec it all went quiet, the power cut out and the inspire came hurtling back down and luckily crashed into my flower bed which somewhat softened the impact. It has suffered a broken and twisted legs, the gimbal platform came off and one broken blade, I think I may have come of lightly.
Any body els had this type of thing happen?
I am running 1.3.00
2015-10-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like you hit a low voltage return to home.  That would account for the increase in height.  It appears that the voltage required to fly up depleted the battery and it turned off.  What does the Flight Data from your device show?
2015-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules