518531 518531 2015-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

noblerz903l Posted at 2016-3-30 08:57
Hey kneepuck, did you ever get this resolved?  If so what was the cause?  I'm having the EXACT sam ...

You could use one of these to see if that helps you.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019STPPLC
2016-3-30
Use props
noblerz903l
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776772 ft

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-30 22:13
You could use one of these to see if that helps you.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019STPPLC

Yeah it helps for about another 100m.  On the 24th of this month i got it out to 4000ft away with no problems at all.  On the 27th i cant get past 1900ft, it's tough to get it to 500-1000ft even with a windsurfer.

I bought the litchi app today and its doing the same thing.  So i went to healthydrone and uploaded flight logs to see if i could spot any differences between the 24th and the 27th...   Atti mode switch and mode 127 switch happened about 75 times on the bad flight (this stupid forum site wont let me upload the screenshots), the good flight doesn't show mode 127 switch at all.  I never lost gps, I never switched it to atti mode..  Wtf is mode 127 switch?  IM ASKING YOU DJI!!  THIS IS F-ING RIDICULOUS!
2016-3-30
Use props
Jdematos87
New

Indonesia

Currently travelling Southeast Asia, didn't fly it much at the start of my trip due to bad weather. Now in Indonesia and attempted to fly it and I lose signal and it flys home right away. I calibrate it at every new location and usually in open sight of it when I fly. So frustrating..
2016-3-30
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

noblerz903l Posted at 2016-3-30 05:57
Hey kneepuck, did you ever get this resolved?  If so what was the cause?  I'm having the EXACT sam ...

In a manner of speaking,  I did.  I bought an Advanced.  But before I did that,  I bought an amplifier for the Standard and was getting about the advertised range on it,  about 6 tenths of a mile or a little better.  It's a sad fact,  some of the Standards are sub standard and Dji does not seem interested in doing a fix other than suggesting you return them for service,  which I felt was not acceptable on a brand new aircraft.  If you are relatively handy with electronics,  you can play around with some things to increase the range  or, since they are so cheap now,  get an advanced,  which I can tell you for sure you will be very happy with.
2016-3-31
Use props
franciszorrilla
lvl.2

Thailand

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-1 03:11
In a manner of speaking,  I did.  I bought an Advanced.  But before I did that,  I bought an ampli ...

hey Kneepuck, i also have the same issues. my remote even have the wifi booster and i still couldnt fly it above 50 feet.. dji replied to me and ask me to send my unit back to hongkong for repair..
2016-3-31
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

franciszorrilla Posted at 2016-3-31 17:36
hey Kneepuck, i also have the same issues. my remote even have the wifi booster and i still couldn ...

Yeah,  but the problem you will have now is,  you modified the controller.  That will vaporize your warranty.  But 50 feet altitude is a little ridiculous.  If you can afford the repair cost,  I would send it in.  Or,  get an advanced.  
2016-3-31
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

RichieP Posted at 2015-10-10 02:49
Yeah I did notice the lack of love for the standard on the forums. It's a shame but If I can at leas ...

Phantom standard is fine.  You just need to know what you want. Not everyone wants to fly 2km away away from LOS which is what the adv/pro is good for. The advanced can often be almost twice as much. If you're flying recreationally or indoors the standard is fine. The VPS is overrated anyway. I fly indoors all the time and the thing drifts around. It flies even better when I go A mode and fly manually.
2016-3-31
Use props
RICK8162JR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47192 ft
United States

the go app sucks nothing but issues. and getting worse. home made wind surfer help a lot DVDtaped to antant ,lots beter Wi-Fi, then went to DBS MOD, AND RUNNING Litchi app, brought my standard to life no issues at all with rage 8000-13000 ft. no problem ,,me so, so, happy
2016-4-1
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

Make sure your antenna is at 35 degree angle, and point your transmitter towards the drone. It has two patch antennas inside the transmitter, so aiming them at the drone will definitely increase difference. You could also open up the transmitter and make sure your patch cables are securely and fully connected. Don't know if anyone said that since I got bored after reading the first 20 replies lol, but just throwing this out there.
2016-4-1
Use props
laneydude30
New

United Kingdom

i have had my phantom 3 standard 3 days and since day 1 i have had issues, it constantly says disconnected but im still able to fly the quadcopter and when i reach about 10m high it says no signal. ive deleted the app and re installed that didnt help ive calibrated that did nothing, so today ive sent my phantom 3 standard back and ordered the advance
2016-4-24
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

if you have done a firmware upgrade recent try re-binding the RC to craft, calibrate IMU etc..also maybe the battery charge on RC
also check your setting for - beginners mode etc...and RTH

always remember not to stand directly under the craft....stand at an angle so the RC beams get a chance to get to craft

just logically follow through the steps
2016-4-24
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

RichieP Posted at 2015-10-10 17:27
Thanks,

I haven't transferred my flights logs before, which is the easiest way?

easy way through IOS - connect device to computer, go to apps...go to Go app and you will see all the files in the G app...just save which ever file it is with the "save as"

then if u ever lost the quad, you have flight logs in the app..
2016-4-24
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
India

I am having the same exact issues with my P3S. I've done everything and the problem still persist. Now i've decided to downgrade the FW to check if that helps. But there also i am facing this weird issue. Anyone has any idea how to crack this?

IMG_0257.PNG
2016-4-24
Use props
Crofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23415 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-27 03:27
Correct FCC or CE mode goes from the GPS so there's no way to fly in FCC mode if you live in a CE  ...

I seems the only country the gets FCC mode is the USA the rest of world only get CE mode.

In Australia I believe neither of the standards apply.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-24 23:42
I am having the same exact issues with my P3S. I've done everything and the problem still persist. N ...

When you are in the app with the RC on, preform a CSC then go back to the overall status page and see if it says there is a RC firmware available. Have the aircraft powered off.
2016-4-24
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-25 12:46
When you are in the app with the RC on, preform a CSC then go back to the overall status page and  ...

I need to downgrade the firmware ken, not upgrade it. I tried your method but it still cannot downgrade to the old firmware. Is there any other way where i can manually copy paste the FW file on the SD card and prompt the app to download it?
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-25 18:05
I need to downgrade the firmware ken, not upgrade it. I tried your method but it still cannot down ...

Your firmware is already updated on the aircraft. That may be why it's saying get firmware failed.
What does it say for the RC firmware?
2016-4-25
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
India

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-25 20:03
Your firmware is already updated on the aircraft. That may be why it's saying get firmware failed. ...

I have Phantom 3 standard and it has "all in one FW" How do i get past that error now? I just need to downgrade my FW and my problems will be solved. Please help!
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-26 13:45
I have Phantom 3 standard and it has "all in one FW" How do i get past that error now? I just need ...

i'm sorry, I just noticed you have a Standard. What exactly is the issue?
The latest all in one firmware is 1.5.7 and you have that already. Why do you want to downgrade.
The failed message is because you already have the latest firmware.if you are talking about having the same issue, are you talking about the thread title of short range. If so, here is a great video on antenna orientation.

2016-4-26
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-26 22:44
i'm sorry, I just noticed you have a Standard. What exactly is the issue?
The latest all in one fir ...

Ken - I've tried all that. I know i have the latest FW and the problem started after updating the drone. So thought of downgrading to older FW to check if the problem is still there. None of the DJI experts are able to help me out and now ive come to terms that i have to live with my shitty P3S until another update comes out.
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-27 14:11
Ken - I've tried all that. I know i have the latest FW and the problem started after updating the  ...

you don't have to live with it at all, if it's not preforming like it should and you are in an interference free area please send it in to be checked out. In the US it's free shipping both ways.
2016-4-27
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 22:33
you don't have to live with it at all, if it's not preforming like it should and you are in an inte ...

I am based out of India and here there is no free shipping..
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-28 13:05
I am based out of India and here there is no free shipping..

I am sorry about not having free shipping in India.
2016-4-27
Use props
romeogolf70
lvl.1

United States

Standard owner here, make sure you are not in beginners mode. It will limit you to 30 meters.
2016-4-28
Use props
henrik.bondevik
New

Norway

I have the same problem.
Got my P3S yesterday and can only get about 50 meters of range.
I can still fly the thing after that, but it want to initiate RTH.
At around 50 meters the app says signal lost or signal very weak, even though I have a free line of sight and no interference.
Then the live view stops working and I cant do anything from the app, so I fly it closer, then after a while it starts to get signal again.
How come I can still control it, but it will not send me any live view?
Does this has to do with the firmware update (I did it through the control, not manually) ?
Should I send it back? Would a new one work?
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

henrik.bondevik Posted at 2016-4-28 22:10
I have the same problem.
Got my P3S yesterday and can only get about 50 meters of range.
I can sti ...

Are you pointing the antennas correctly? watch the video I posted earlier in this thread on antenna orientation.
And the reason you lose video before RC is the video takes much more data and most times you lose that first but still have plenty of RC control.
If in an open area and you are not getting anything close to the advertised range then possibly the aircraft needs to be sent in to be looked at.
2016-4-28
Use props
henrik.bondevik
New

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-28 16:28
Are you pointing the antennas correctly? watch the video I posted earlier in this thread on antenn ...

Yeah, I was careful to point the antennas correctly. I even tried many different ways of adjusting them.
And that problem was consistent.
I am going to try another flight tomorrow, just to try range, and if it does not get any better maybe I should return it.
This is what I have done so far.
1. Tried all antenna positions, those recommended and all kinds of positions.
2. Have upgraded firmware, it says 1.5.70. I wanted to try and downgrade it, because some people blame the firmware upgrade, but it says "No firmware available for download".
3. Have tried re-linking RC and copter, did not help any.
4. Going to try again to see if problem persists. In an open park with no interference. I am going to relink RC again before that, calibrate compass and IMU and calibrate RC.

When I fly it about 50 meters away or so, the screen just starts to lag and turn black and white.
It wants to initiate RTH, but I cancel and just fly it closer on my own, then the signal comes back after a while. I hope this is just a one time thing, would hate to send it back, because except that problem, I do love the thing!  
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

henrik.bondevik Posted at 2016-4-28 22:50
Yeah, I was careful to point the antennas correctly. I even tried many different ways of adjusting ...

When you test again, check the video signal on the top of the app and let me know if the video signal strength goes down before you lose video. If it does go down then it may be an issue and you need to send it in.
If the video signal strength stays strong and you lose video, then that means there is some interference in your area and not an issue with the aircraft.
2016-4-28
Use props
henrik.bondevik
New

Norway

Yeah, so I just went ahead and flied it again today. Problem was even worse.
When it was close to the drone it took a while before the app said it was connected.
Then when it was I took off and flied a bit, and instantly it said that it lost signal. And when the drone was close to me it kept on losing and getting the signal.
I flied it around a bit, and I had absolutely full control of the drone all the time, and flied it about 100 meters away, it responded perfectly, but app kept on saying that I had no signal.
Sometime I got a bit signal. It just said very weak signal and flashed red. Then the wifi signal indicator went up and down a bit. I checked the wifi-signal in the normal settings of my phone, which said very strong wifi signal from the remote. Flied it a bit more for fun, even though no signal from the app. Did not dare to fly it to far away since I had no live view, but the drone it self worked fine. Could control everything, even the gimble, but the app kept on saying no signal and did not show me any live view.
I was in a completely open park, no high voltage wires, no other people, no satellite dishes. Nothing.
So I am going back to the shop to try and turn it in for a new one. Hope it works.

2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

henrik.bondevik Posted at 2016-4-28 23:53
Yeah, so I just went ahead and flied it again today. Problem was even worse.
When it was close to t ...

Well normally if the signal bars go down then it's just interference and when you lose video and have full video signal bars then it can be a hardware issue.
Regardless, it does not sound like much fun to fly how it is and I would contact the repair center and send it in to be looked at.
You can do that through this link and tell them you've already troubleshooted with a tech, or provide me your email address and I can have someone contact you. http://www.dji.com/support
And I'm sorry you are experiencing the short range.
2016-4-28
Use props
dants999
lvl.1

Hi everyone, I am experiencing the same problem. Since 1 month I am using P3S, i was able to reach 450 m altitude and about 450-550 m distance depending on the interference level, i was using the standart antennas. I was very happy and of course i believed that such a great product can get even more better with a firmware update... and then it got f#cked up. Now I barely can reach 100 m, it just looses the control signal and goes RTH... The video works fine.
As I didn`t have the warranty (i`ve bought the bird used), I have changed the antennas to 2 directional 7dbi 2.4 Ghz and a helical 11dbi for 5.8Ghz... now i can reach about 200-250 m of range... This is just frustrating, that all p3s users have to wait before a fix comes out, i feel myself fooled and hope that DJI would at least take some efforts and correct this as soon as possible!!!

I am currently waiting for the 5.8Ghz clover leaf antennas to replace the standart ones on the bird and thus match them with a helical on the RC, this would give me another 50 m of range, or maybe not...  

2016-5-9
Use props
gavinmerryweath
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys, I've got a P3S and having the same problem with range. 50 meters max then RTH mode, but no problem with the video feed.

I looked at the FW which is 1.5.70 but when I turn the Phantom off but kept the RC on the FW is 1.3.50 is this right???

It looks like I will have to send it for repair.

2016-05-09 19.02.39.png
2016-05-09 18.42.58.png

2016-5-9
Use props
futurapatos
New

Brazil

I also have the same problem , I bought my is 5 days. Always Lose the radio signal with less than 100 meters without barriers or interference . Please technicians DJI help PS3 users !!!!!!
2016-5-9
Use props
cekabu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9154 ft
Turkey

I think this issue is related the firmware upgrade. I was able to fly over 1000 meters before but now the signal lost in 150 - 200 meters. The video is OK. no problem with the video but signal lost and RTH activates. Does anybody find a solution?
2016-5-10
Use props
dants999
lvl.1

I have also noticed that before i start the motors, the signal is much better than after... As I haven`t had any crashes, i still want to believe that it is a software problem. But as soon as my clover leaf antennas arrive, i will take the bird apart and see what is inside, maybe the bad contact of the antenna is the reason of our suffering... it is very unlikely that P3S all over the world suddenly got a loose contact of the antennas inside.

I was seriously intending to buy a new Phantom 4, but because of this... i really don`t want to write any bad words... i have serious doubts now, that i will buy any of the DJI products in the future!!!!!
Now I have no other option, in order to archive at least the promised 500m, than to use an amplifier (another $120) and cook my b@lls with it.

Where are you DJI???????
2016-5-11
Use props
sully43
New

France

I have the same problem I return the drone two liver after sales service the problem is the same drone loses its signal and 200M revien alone
I do not recommend the brand DJI if you want to buy a drone that works parrot. these crappy equipment with after sales service at the same level as their off Product
2016-5-11
Use props
cekabu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9154 ft
Turkey

I am hoping that it will be solved with the firnware update. Now DJI released a new firmware but I didn't have time to try. Hope this will be solved.
2016-5-11
Use props
Rodit_88
New

Sweden

Typically, they provide an  upgrade and our P3s breaks, !!! it's on purpose 100%,
I noticed that my video signal came back 5 seconds when the low battery varing starter, trust me this FM update was ment to F¤uck this drone up,,
I will stop buying things from DJI!!! this
this is madness
this is madness
2016-5-17
Use props
Rodit_88
New

Sweden

dants999 Posted at 2016-5-9 18:15
Hi everyone, I am experiencing the same problem. Since 1 month I am using P3S, i was able to reach 4 ...

Typically, they provide an  upgrade and our P3s breaks, !!! it's on purpose 100%,Always Lose the radio signal with less than 50 meters without barriers or  interference ,,Before I did the crap upgrade my p3s was 100% fine,
I noticed that my video signal came back 5 seconds when the low battery varing start.that how I figured it out the  bugg in the system!!!!TRUST me this FM update was ment to F¤uck this drone up
2016-5-18
Use props
Rodit_88
New

Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-28 19:10
Well normally if the signal bars go down then it's just interference and when you lose video and ha ...

Typically, they provide an  upgrade and our P3s breaks, !!! it's on purpose 100%,Always Lose the radio signal with less than 50 meters without barriers or  interference ,,Before I did the crap upgrade my p3s was 100% fine,
I noticed that my video signal came back 5 seconds when the low battery varing start.that how I figured it out the  bugg in the system!!!!TRUST me this FM update was ment to F¤uck this drone up
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules