123Next >
53959 107 2015-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richard.a.parti
New

Australia

Hi Everyone,

New Phantom owner here. As soon as I received my Phantom I carefully read everything and took it up for it's first flight after careful preparations. The flight was a huge success, took amazing photos and achieved decent range, about 600m away while at 120m altitude.

The second flight was the same, however over night after a full recharge and set to go I could barely get past 10m height without the Return to Home function kicking in. Max distance I could get was about 30m away before once again the RC would beep and force return home. I thought this was going to be a 'one off' but unfortunatley it wasn't, it has occurred in my past three flights.

I'm flying in countryside  Australia, so very little or no interference. Hardly no trees around either.

What troubleshooting options can I do, or is there a problem with my hardware?

Thanks.
2015-10-9
Use props
RichieP
New

Australia

Forgot to say, I did search the forums before hand, but I couldn't find anything related to the Standard, only Advanced and Professional.
2015-10-9
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

M8 sell the standard and get an advanced or pro sorry but the lighbridge is the way to go versus the standards wifi.
2015-10-9
Use props
RichieP
New

Australia

Yeah I did notice the lack of love for the standard on the forums. It's a shame but If I can at least get this fixed I'll hold onto it over the summer and upgrade early next year.
2015-10-9
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

I am a standard owner.   Ignor the unhelpful posts.    We need to try and find out what is causing it to rth   Can you post some logs?    I don't think this will be the issue but have you seen the post by Dji Tim about antenna positioning.   That said you are hardly getting any distance so it am can't be that
2015-10-9
Use props
RichieP
New

Australia

Thanks,

I haven't transferred my flights logs before, which is the easiest way?

Edit: Flight 1: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=Mjk4NDg

Flight 3: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MjgxODI   -First flight that had terrible signal.

On the second one you can view all the warnings and at what distance I was getting when the RTH function kicked in. Sometimes it achived relativley high altitudes (for the flight) as I believe the RTH altitude was set that high.
2015-10-9
Use props
gongml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595413 ft
Canada

RichieP Posted at 2015-10-10 04:19
Yeah I did notice the lack of love for the standard on the forums. It's a shame but If I can at leas ...

I am a P3 standard user and I experienced lost signal issue recently.  You can check my previous posts about this.  Apparently, it is related to the latest firmware update.  I am waiting for the next firmware release.
2015-10-10
Use props
RichieP
New

Australia

Thanks,
Yeah it seems to be a fairly frequent issue. I would agree with the firmware issue however I did manage to get two good flights in before the issue started happening. I have contacted support and they said to me that they will contact me to solve the problem. The person I spoke with using online tech support couldn't find the issue.
2015-10-10
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Same issues. On mine,  if I fly away from myself,  it works better.  When I try to turn in any direction,  while hovering, it gets signal loss. Then goes RTH.  This can happen at any distance.  And while flying,  you can hear the drone as it loses signal then picks it up then loses it again while you are moving. It's like something is loose and vibration is causing an intermittent connection inside the drone.  It's very frustrating,  you just get the drone where you want to capture video and it suddenly turns and does an RTH.  By the time this happens 7 or 8 times,  your battery is dead and you have to land,  having accomplished nothing.  It really makes me want to smash the thing.
2015-10-11
Use props
fredwrigley1906
New

United States

I am a newbee with my phantom 3 standard and I have not had the pleasure as some of you in flying my new devise. My problem started right out the box where I am unable to get enough signal to even power up my drone for flight inspection. Tried everything read and watched viedos to no prevail. Can't contact nobody until tomorrow due to the holidays . I did leave a email and I got response that somebody will contact me soon. Does anyone know any secrets that I have not already tried such as different location, update software, etc..
2016-1-3
Use props
fredwrigley1906
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-3 20:04
Richard, did you have a hard landing or anything like the antenna getting damaged.  Inspect the wire ...

Thanks Donnie!
2016-1-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-3 19:04
Richard, did you have a hard landing or anything like the antenna getting damaged.  Inspect the wire ...

Fred, did you get things sorted or are you still having grief?

Let us know how you are keepin!

Cheers  donnie
2016-1-5
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Fred do you have things working or are you still having troubles?

Best of luck

Cheers. Donnie
2016-1-6
Use props
benb2376
lvl.1

Australia

Richard
I have just bought the standard and flying in Australian countryside and have similar issues.

I managed about a dozen good flights and then bad flights after the firmware update around Xmas 2015,

I tried re-linking the controller.

Have you managed to resolve it?

Cheers, Ben.
2016-1-6
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Well I did notice this as well since the latest "cold weather" firmware update.  At first, I thought the battery or maybe to retry the update.Here are a few things to try.
Take off the antena and reattach to make sure you have a nice snug connection.
When you connect you conteoller to the WiFI, make sure to "forget" other automatically connected WiFi connections you have listed.
After calibration, let the Phantom sit on the ground for a few minutes to insure it can aquire everything.

2016-1-6
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Did you solve it ?
2016-1-6
Use props
Tyrael
New

Chile

microcyb Posted at 2016-1-6 17:36
Well I did notice this as well since the latest "cold weather" firmware update.  At first, I thought ...

Have you experienced any better results trying this? I'm absolutely mad at my P3S for not reaching more than 100m distance/attitude.
2016-1-7
Use props
garrock
New

United States

Talk about adding range while sitting comfortably inside your car for all season flying.

I have the P2V+ version ready now.  The P3S version should be next month !

REDbirdRF.com

2016-1-7
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

garrock Posted at 2016-1-7 18:07
Talk about adding range while sitting comfortably inside your car for all season flying.

I have the ...

PM me when you do have working betas or final products for the Phantom 3 Standard.  A solid range booster will really generate a lot of profit for someone who can do it right.
2016-1-8
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

Tyrael Posted at 2016-1-7 15:57
Have you experienced any better results trying this? I'm absolutely mad at my P3S for not reaching ...

I was able to correct mine, but do suspect the Cold Weather firmware is the cause.
I was back to normal flight heights/range, after I re ran the firmware update again even after it said it was successful.
Also, you might to look into the Geo Fencing to see if that is causing an issue as well.
geo-system
2016-1-8
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

microcyb Posted at 2016-1-8 12:14
I was able to correct mine, but do suspect the Cold Weather firmware is the cause.
I was back to n ...

Nice tip but our issue with the phantom 3 standard is that every time we fly we get really bad RC signal   and we lose the signal , what can help us is tip of how to change the quad to FCC mode , i think that we the ones that are having the issue is because the phantom is set as CE mode so may be there is a way to change to FCC i saw some videos of people that reach 1 km or more and i think that is because of the location or may be of a reason the quad switch to FCC i dont know why DJI lock this option

2016-1-8
Use props
theronmalone
lvl.2

United States

This has to be extremely disappointing. I flew today and I got 2232 ft, 680m before I got my first warning on a weak RC signal. It quickly disappeared but I didn't chance it and turned around. This is my first RC/quad and I had some connection issues with the app and I almost returned the P3S. I'm glad I worked through the problems and I love this thing now! I hope you find a solution fast so that you can enjoy it.
2016-1-8
Use props
theronmalone
lvl.2

United States

garrock Posted at 2016-1-7 18:07

I have the ...

I would be interested in this as well when you have it for the Standard. Thanks!
2016-1-8
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40938 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure your antennas are pointed up and down and not pointing directly at the air craft. you want the body of the antenna to be pointed at the air craft at all times. if it is directly over head you should have them pointed stright out and when your flying out in front of you they should be pointed up and down. this was an issue i had when i first started flying as well. also you can use wind surfers on the phantom 3 standard. i have used them in the past. hope this helps
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a good video to watch to get the most range.
Since you got 600m have you changed anything or hard landings?
You have beginner mode off as well?
2016-1-8
Use props
sromary
New

Thailand

Have the exact same issue --- has anyone tried the 32 channel hack?  Has that helped?

As posted by others, the first few flights were fine, but then began getting signal loss messages and RTH in close range - (less than 100m).  The antennae was in the correct position relative to the craft, the firmware updated, calibration was done.  At a bit of a loss, may take the drone back to the shop and see if they have any ideas.

Really frustrating as as soon as I get the drone in position for filming the RTH kicks in - makes the drone kind of useless.

I see similar posts about the adv/pro versions, so not sure if it's just a Standard thing.

2016-1-8
Use props
alexlapo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all, I own. P3S will be purchasing a advance soon but in the meantime I want the best experience, my girlfriend lives basically in the countryside where there is about 3 houses in a radius of about 1 mile when flying the drone around there it's perfect, where I like it's totally different I live around hundreds of houses I understand the whole interference problem but what I don't understand is.. I can still fly my drone the same distance away when I'm flying around the place I live (with hundreds of houses) BUT I always get the interference warning and I loose my camera live feed within about 60 feet altitude.. Am I doing something wrong here or is this normal
2016-1-9
Use props
alexlapo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Where I live**
2016-1-9
Use props
benb2376
lvl.1

Australia

microcyb Posted at 2016-1-9 02:14
I was back to n ...

Hi,
How did you re-run the firmware update?
Thanks
Ben.
2016-1-9
Use props
sromary
New

Thailand

alexlapo Posted at 2016-1-9 18:55
Hi all, I own. P3S will be purchasing a advance soon but in the meantime I want the best experience, ...

Hello Alex --- I'm having the same or a similar issue... "SIGNAL LOSS" messages and RTH kicks in ... even in very close range... I've done a lot of reading and can not find a solution.  It might just be that the Phantom 3 Standard has a very limited range and set of conditions in which it can fly.   Also - be aware that since you are in the UK the RC will operate in "CE" mode - meaning the transmitter works at a lower power and is limited to 500 meters.  

As far as I can tell there is no way to change the RC to FCC mode---which means higher power and a range of 1000 meters (other than moving to the USA).  It was a bit misleading for DJI to claim this drone has a 1K range. It doesn't.

If you find a solution to the signal failure issues please let us know!
2016-1-9
Use props
sromary
New

Thailand

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-9 05:10
Nice tip but our issue with the phantom 3 standard is that every time we fly we get really bad RC  ...

agreed....I think part of the solution will be to enable FCC mode (thus boosting the power output of the RC and increasing the range. I suspect this will also decrease the effects of close-by radio interference).  

I think this will help P3 pro and adv users, not just standard.

Apparently (from what I read) FCC mode kicks in automatically based on the GPS coordinates. If you are outside the USA, it's CE mode.
2016-1-9
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

sromary Posted at 2016-1-10 00:15
agreed....I think part of the solution will be to enable FCC mode (thus boosting the power output  ...

Yea thats how it works , if there is not notable regulation that shows that your country allows FCC DJI set CE by default and thats why all p3S users outside of USA are getting really bad range,  and that is really bad because even cheap quads (100 usd quads )  gets more range than the p3s and also my friends with the phantom 2 get lot more range that the phantom 3 because of the FCC

2016-1-10
Use props
alexlapo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's really
2016-1-10
Use props
alexlapo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's really confusing today i went in the middle of nowhere just fields and I got an altitude of 1,556 the live feed was fantastic no sticky lag, was very smooth, I'm just thinking around where I live if I got the advance version would it make all the difference with the lightbridge or will it be the same, I'm a bit of a ' new bee' with this what's FCC? Also iv seen you can hack the RC setting to get 32 channels instead of the standard 12 (i think) this is only with the advance and pro versions
2016-1-10
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

garrock Posted at 2016-1-7 19:07

I have the ...

Seriously, when will the PS3 standard be out?  I really want this product..
2016-1-26
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stan1970 Posted at 2015-10-10 01:58
I am a standard owner.   Ignor the unhelpful posts.    We need to try and find out what is causing i ...

I agree, just overlook any comment about sell this and get that.  Work on getting a solution.  I have experienced this once but it was only a hiccup and after a reset of the craft and remote it worked well.  You might want to see if relinking your controller might help.  Also the positioning of your antennas.
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

sromary Posted at 2016-1-10 14:15
agreed....I think part of the solution will be to enable FCC mode (thus boosting the power output  ...

Correct FCC or CE mode goes from the GPS so there's no way to fly in FCC mode if you live in a CE country.
The older Phantoms had a screw on the back of the transmitter that customers could change. But then everyone in a CE country would just turn the screw and get FCC power.
2016-1-26
Use props
LeonidAbashidze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669 ft
Georgia

As i understand problem is not solved

i don't think that it is RC's problem, Phantom 2 Vision+ have the same RC and drone flies perfect ... 300-400 meters without any problem

i think last firmware is the problem ...

PS does your standards have HD Status ? my P3S shows wifi status

2016-1-26
Use props
noblerz903l
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776772 ft

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-10-12 09:32
Same issues. On mine,  if I fly away from myself,  it works better.  When I try to turn in any direc ...

Hey kneepuck, did you ever get this resolved?  If so what was the cause?  I'm having the EXACT same problem and dji is being less than helpful.  
2016-3-30
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
United States

noblerz903l Posted at 2016-3-30 08:57
Hey kneepuck, did you ever get this resolved?  If so what was the cause?  I'm having the EXACT sam ...

You could use one of these to see if that helps you.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019STPPLC
2016-3-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules