Drone name
1761 11 2015-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JK JK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

All logs shows me as Drone name "dron". Where can I change the "dron" to "P3P" or anything else?
2015-10-10
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JK JK,

When you first signed in to the new version of DJI Go, did it ask you for a name or name change?  If you go into the app and look around you should be able to find the name setting.  Have you looked in "Me", the fourth option at the right end of the bottom bar on the opening white screen.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-14
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-14 11:39
Aloha JK JK,

When you first signed in to the new version of DJI Go, did it ask you for a name  ...

Hi

Unfortunately I do not have any option in \My\Setting to edit the name :-(
Do I need to be conected to my drone?
112.png
2015-10-15
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JK JK,

OK, you are in the ball park.  Within DJI (as far as I can tell) we have as many as 3 names.  This forum has my user name.  Under the Me in the left column is your profile name "JK JK".  The arrow head pointing right will allow you to edit your profile.  There you can change the "JK JK" if that is what you are trying to do.  In my flight log my DJI registered (as in birth) name is shown between arrow heads facing away to allow me to go to alternative names.  My other listing in the log is my P3's name.  Press on the arrows to go back and forth between names.  So there are "user name", "birth name" and "P3 name".

After you check what names are listed in your log, I am just guessing here, but I wonder that if you pressed on the log name "dron" you might be able to change it.  On the other hand, if you actually entered the name dron during the rush to install the DJI Go app (I picked mine quickly off the top of my head), you might have to contact DJI to learn how to change it.  I have not found a way to rename my P3, but I remember choosing the name it has.  I tried to press the P3 name and nothing happened, possibly because I chose that name.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-15
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-16 03:36
Aloha JK JK,

OK, you are in the ball park.  Within DJI (as far as I can tell) we have as many  ...

I want to change the name what is stored in my flight logs. It is "dron". The name has to be entered by me on the beginning in first installation or registration, because "dron" is czech word for english "drone".

There are only two icons/names showen between the arrow head if I tap on them. My user name "JK JK" and name of my bird "dron". I'm starting to lose hope, it is possible to change the name "dron"
2015-10-17 17.43.06.jpg

2015-10-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JK JK,

You may want to contact DJI to find out how to change the name of the P3.  There is nothing in the manual or DJI Wiki to show you how to do it.  (I have checked.)  I would be interested in what they say as would others on this forum.  My P3 name was rushed, as  you indicated your choice was rushed.  It is normal that we would want to change the name now that we are more comfortable with the technology.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-17
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-18 07:33
Aloha JK JK,

You may want to contact DJI to find out how to change the name of the P3.  There  ...

Thank you for kindly effort to help me. I will try to find a contact to DJI.

BTW: I thought, that someone from DJI is watching this/their forum, It seems I am wrong.
2015-10-17
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JK JK,

There are many DJI people watching this forum, but the answer we are looking for may possibly not be available at this time.  This is a cross-cultural forum controlled by people new to the details of our root culture.  I live in Hawai'i and we get a lot of cross-culture issues every day.  Resolving these issues takes a lot of understanding on all sides.  If changing the name of your P3 is an urgent concern, you should contact DJI directly.  They would be more receptive to your concern if they knew why it is urgent.  Otherwise, maybe the answer to our problem will be in the next version of DJI Go.

Even American owned GoPro did not answer my email for three months about a smaller camera than the Hero 4 Black.  Then, I see that the tiny GoPro Session has hit the market and I can work with that!  So much is going on so fast, they have a hard time keeping up.  It looks like sometimes they do not answer questions if the question will be answered in some other way in the near future.  We can certainly hope!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-19
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-20 05:05
Aloha JK JK,

There are many DJI people watching this forum, but the answer we are looking for  ...

Undarstand, you are right.  The issue is not hot one :-)
2015-10-20
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JK JK,

Go Fly  - it lifts the spirit and is good for the heart and mind!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-21
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

Cetaman Posted at 2015-10-21 10:52
Aloha JK JK,

Go Fly  - it lifts the spirit and is good for the heart and mind!

Today I got the reply from DJI

Dear Jan,

thanks for your request.
Unfortunately the copter can only be named once during registration and cannot be changed afterwards.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH
2015-10-26
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JK JK,

Aw, bummer!  I was holding out for a different answer.  Maybe they will make a change in the future so it can be changed.  Mahalo for trying!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules