Phantom 2 + No video downlink
2678 10 2015-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
purepero
lvl.1

United States

There is no video downlink -  only telemetry, I try with android  and MAC devices and the issue still.

DJI replace my drone 2 times and both times was defective drone, they always has issues ,  first was the GPS –  Second The gimbal and now the video link, any idea how can I resolve this issue?
2015-10-11
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Give these a try
Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
           Try reformatting the SD card with  full format.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID.
2015-10-12
Use props
purepero
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-10-12 01:06
Give these a try
Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:

I did all that but still no video on my cell – one time I forgot remove the camera plastic holder before I turn my bird on, I turn off my bird and remove the camera plastic holder, turn it on again and video stop showing on my cell, I use different battery and the video was back- My bird start having issues at soon I upgrade the firmware, Upgrade firmware is not good because I have issues with my first bird and now with the second.
I fly my bird 2 times without any issue – but at the third time the video stop working.
This is the 2nd time DJI replace my bird, I really don’t know why this 1200 dls toy fail very easy.
Is there any way to test the wifi transmitter? Because I can see on my cell the battery life, telemetry and everything else, but no vide, - the wifi transmitter is 180 dls part and I don’t want buy the part without make  sure if that’s the issue or not.

2015-10-13
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

What phone are you using? Android or Iphone? What app rev you have? There are multiple bugs with the app and the many people including myself lost video when when we upgraded the app from 1.0.48 to 1.0.52 on the iphone. It is all over this forum and in Itunes app reviews. No fix for that yet.
2015-10-14
Use props
purepero
lvl.1

United States

motia Posted at 2015-10-14 14:10
What phone are you using? Android or Iphone? What app rev you have? There are multiple bugs with the ...

I try with one galaxy III Galaxy 5 IPhone and galaxy tablet,
Honestly I don’t know what can be the problem, DJI replace my bird 2 months ago, and I upgrade all system,  
One time I forgot remove the gimbal clap and I start having issues with video with one of  battery only,  now I have the same issue with all my batterys  no video at all.
2015-10-14
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Only thing left if you checked every thing above is to check the video feed cable at the wifi tx.
2015-10-19
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Only thing left to check is the video feed cable in the to. If that's ok then the tx is suspect
2015-10-19
Use props
matthewh
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-10-19 03:17
Only thing left to check is the video feed cable in the to. If that's ok then the tx is suspect

Why would a bad SD card cause the video preview to fail if it can still record video and images to the SD card?  Where do you get a new wifi module if its bad?
2015-12-12
Use props
Cannae
New

United States

matthewh Posted at 2015-12-12 18:39
Why would a bad SD card cause the video preview to fail if it can still record video and images to  ...

I recently had the same problem - telemetry and controls all worked fine, but no video preview of the camera on my iPhone.  Turned out to be a failed WiFi Signal Transmission Module.  After replacing the $200 part (!@#$%&*), all's well again.  While DJI doesn't talk about this, they obviously recognized this as an issue - the replacement part now comes with dozens of small holes drilled in its case (the previous part had a solid case).

Here's a big tip - DON'T LEAVE YOUR PHANTOM 2+ TURNED ON BUT GROUNDED FOR TOO LONG.  The WiFi Module generates a fair amount of heat.  I'm pretty sure mine cooked while I was doing software and firmware updates.  Get your bird into the air quickly - it needs the air ventilation through the slots on the body shell.  Next time I do an update, I'm going to point a fan at my Phantom to give it some air circulation.
2015-12-23
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

Same problem.
I send my back now for warranty rep (i hope).
Hope thy only want the bird.
Forget to pack remote and extender :-/

2015-12-28
Use props
dsastoque
New

Colombia

Buenos dias,

Tengo un Phantom 2 vision plus v3, cuando enciende el gimbal estabiliza sin inconvenientes, yo muevo el dron y la camara se mueve en todos sus ejes.

Pero el gimbal tiene el led en rojo, no envia señal de la camara al celular, solo muestra el estado de bateria del extender wifi, conecto el gimbal al pc para ver si detecta la unidad de disco de la sd, pero tampoco, me prestaron otro gimbal y si funciona correctamente.

Desde el control tengo control de la camara por la rueda izquierda sin problemas.

Se daño el gimbal?, como puedo solucionar este inconveniente con el gimbal que segun el manual indica critical error.

ya cambie el ribbon.. y sigue igual!!
PFv su ayuda..

Gracias.
2015-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules