dji needs help
1643 12 2015-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Its amazing to me how dji is supposedly so successful when i look at the quality of their website/forum/products, all of which have many flaws.   Some of them major and some minor that can be easily remedied.  This forum is absolute garbage, format, design, layout, functionality, etc and is easily the worst forum ive ever used since the invention of the internet and ive used a lot of them.  Why the fack does it open a new tab every time i click on a thread? this is a very annoying and useless feature which gives me 10 tabs to close after a few minutes browsing the forum, the darkening and lightening of thread titles and the use of NEW in red after them seems random and not correlating to actual new responses.  Some threads where im the last poster are grey indicating ive read it(i think thats the intended function) and others are not.  Some are marked new when theres a post after mine but most arent, makes no sense to me.  No subscribed topic feature so you get reminders when someone posts in a thread youve posted in and organizes them all on one page so you can easily go back to them which is pretty frickin standard forum feature for every forum ive ever been on, this one only gives you notification if someone directly quotes your post, quite worthless.
Their website store design is pretty bad as well, the placement of information seems random and sporadic, new items listed available to buy but marked with a 40 day backorder, why not wait 40 days then post it, wtf? lol!  Was trying to compare specs on the phantom 3 and inspire 1 and osmo handheld device and its a freakin nightmare.  Not all specs are listed in the same manner under the spec tab.  Cameras are very similar for example but all listed specs are in random order, same exact spec is worded differently, some specs arent even listed for some devices and so on, what a joke!  Would it be so hard to have some consistency in that regard?  I wouldnt think so.  

Android and apple pilot app versions offer different features/functions for no apparent reason still even after many updated versions, they could/should be exactly the same, makes no sense that they arent.  Stupid NFZs they continually add which shouldnt even be a feature in the first place but especially not over stadiums and so on where its perfectly legal to fly 99% of the time are completely assinine, random changes to top speed or other flight behavior charictaristics in different firmware versions, worse camera quality than modern day cell phones, tilted horizion issues still which are even present in the osmo handheld device which is only sold with a camera, who the hell would buy one of those if they dont already have a camera they want to use it with?(lol) theres many better handheld options with much better cameras available if you dont already have the camera, 99.999% of their handheld sales are going to be to current inspire owners.  Very bad communication, customer service and support skills, and so on.  Simply boggles the mind and begs the question why a supposed 10 billion dollar company isnt more on top of things catering to their customers rather than their current position of seeming to totally ignore what customers want.  Some of them they seem to be improving slightly, but many of the problems could easily be fixed without much effort.  Sorry, just had to rant for bit, but seriously, WTF DJI, you can/should do better, its frankly quite embarassing.

2015-10-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

We are going to change our forum design very soon ! We also hope our web pages and software will be more user friendly, so we do working on it. even though your post is a little bit aggressive,  we  appreciate  your suggestions.
2015-10-12
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-12 03:20
We are going to change our forum design very soon ! We also hope our web pages and software will be  ...

yea sorry, i was a bit frustrated and irate at the time of that ranting, I look forward to some positive changes.  DJI has lots of potential but they seem a little slow to improve.  A little communication goes a long ways, I know you guys do comment on some posts from time to time but you really need more people on forum duty.  Could be more due to the bad forum design than lack of effort on your part since it looks like sometimes you guys post in threads some but if no one quotes your post you dont ever get back to it which is understandable.  I have a hard time keeping track of the threads ive commented in as well so i dont expect you guys to be any different in that regard, a subscribed thread feature is essential to any forum for the sake of user friendliness.  Not having that feature is kinda like a 500+ page book without a table of contents or an index, youll never find anything youre looking for very easy.
2015-10-12
Use props
SWAT1
lvl.1

United States

Sounds like you need to change that bloody tampon and move on.
2015-10-15
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-12 10:20
We are going to change our forum design very soon ! We also hope our web pages and software will be  ...

Is that the same 'soon' as mentioned many, many times regarding changes to the Ground Station software?
Seriously, every time some of you guys say 'soon' or 'in the near future' it's just stalling technique. Promises are made, but nothing happens!
2015-10-17
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

Is that the same 'soon' as mentioned many, many times regarding changes to the Ground Station software?
Seriously, every time some of you guys say 'soon' or 'in the near future' it's just stalling technique. Promises are made, but nothing happens!
2015-10-17
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

2015-10-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris_t Posted at 2015-10-18 15:41
Is that the same 'soon' as mentioned many, many times regarding changes to the Ground Station soft ...

Hey, Chris! The changes are made already
2015-10-18
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-19 04:38
Hey, Chris! The changes are made already

Hello Tim.

I highly doubt that.

Have you checked the various threads to the GS lately?
You may look here for example: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D311%26typeid%3D311
A thread DJI started, by the way.
And now tell, which of the features asked for in this or other threads were implemented.
Let me help you - none!!!
The actual software version available for download is 4.0.11 from November 2014, which I have installed and use. So, don't tell me, you made any changes.
Ever wondered, why users of a DJI Forum search for alternative software?

Regards
Chris
2015-10-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

chris_t Posted at 2015-10-19 23:46
Hello Tim.

I highly doubt that.

well, there are no such a huge changes, but we are working on it step by step.
2015-10-19
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

There it is again: "... we are working on it ...".
Maybe you are working on it, but we - your valued (?) customers don't see any progress.
That's why so many, not only sultangris01, are frustrated with your products and also the support.
2015-10-20
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

And just like expected no further beep from DJI.
2015-10-24
Use props
DJI.Terry
DJI team

Hong Kong

Chris, sorry that post was aim to collect needs from our users, which was mentioned in that post. As you can see , good ideas are achieaved in our P3/Inspire1 Groundstation.
2015-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules