1175 6 2015-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 368983 ft
Indonesia

Hi everyone,

Many of you have experience in distributing your content through stock footage sites like Shutterstock and Pond 5. As you may be aware, I am building a platform that focuses exclusively on high quality exotic aerial content; and I absolutely intend on shaking things up in the stock imagery industry.

For those of you who currently sell through stock sites, I would like to know what elements you would like to see improved in the overall experience in order to wow you.

Which components are really critical to you?

For example:

- flexibility to opt out whenever you want?
- ability to add/remove content at will?
- receiving a higher % for each sale made (the industry standard is 25%-40%)
- not being locked in for 1-3 years
- knowing quickly if your footage is approved or not
- etc.

Your feedback will help me as I do final tweaks to the user experience.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers

Patrice

2015-10-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Good idea! good luck with that, send me a link when it's ready
2015-10-12
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Indonesia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-13 14:46

Hi Tim,

The platform is ready and currently in test phase to fix final glitches. Have a look and let me know your thoughts. This is really different than what you see in the stock industry today.

Here is the link:

www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Cheers

Patrice
2015-10-12
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Ok perhaps I rephrase the question:

- What would compel you enough to start selling your footage through a distribution platform?  

This is essential feedback that will allow me to finalise this project. I believe to have nailed down a compelling offer for artists and content creators (of which I am part), but hearing it from you first hand is better.

Any thoughts?
2015-10-14
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-14 18:58
> What would compel you enough to start selling your footage through a distribution platform?

My ...

This is good.

What if I told you the platform didn't require rights to the footage and as a seller you would have the total liberty to add/remove content at will. That means if you want to sell it to someone else, you just need to remove it from the site and sell it to whoever you want. Once done, you can put it back on the site. Total flexibility to the end user.

Only usage of your footage could potentially be for promoting the platform itself, but again, this would be on a very limited basis.

What I am building is essentially a complete reversal of current stock imagery business practices. I am a content creator myself and have decided to invest massively into the development of the platform to cater to content creators themselves. I just don't understand why the platform should get 60%-70% of the profit when all the work is done by the content creator.

Based on what you said, my guess is that you would feel pretty compelled by what we are putting together.

Anyone else with a perspective on this?
2015-10-14
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Hong Kong

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-14 22:58
Additional:

I'm going to add you to my "friends list" so that I can give you a link in PM to an u ...

Thanks for the feedback Paul, it is very appreciated.

My thoughts on this are the following. All rights to footage that would be sold through our platform would be on a non-exclusive basis, so even if the footage is sold, it can remain on the site for more people to buy it.

In the case of two people wanting to purchase rights of the same product at the same time (one through you and one through us) that would not cause any issues on our end. You could sell your own material directly. However, part of the terms and conditions would be that you cannot post the same footage on another distribution platform (Shutterstock for example).

Having said all this, given the world wide nature of the Internet, we certainly won't have the ability to monitor everything and don't intend on  suing people either. We want the user experience (for the artist and customer) to be seamless.

Would love to have a chat with you and pick your brain. In the meantime, we are in testing phase right now and I need a few people to send in some sample footage to test the curating process. We developed a pretty sophisticated back end system that allows us to review content and approve/reject quickly.

You can reach me st : pgaucher@me.com

Others, please feel free to comment as well.

Cheers
2015-10-14
Use props
Pgaucher
lvl.4
Indonesia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-13 13:46

Hi Tim, the site is now live and ready to accept material from creative artists worldwide.

100% of the content on the site has been filmed with DJI products. Any chance DJI would be interested in sponsoring the site?

The link is: www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Patrice
2015-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules