Follow me without the remote
1562 4 2015-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ridelow
New

Norway

Hi. New on here! but have been flying phantoms since the first came out.

I am woundering if there is a way to use the follow me on the P3 without the remote/ipad.
like, a device you can use that is smaller than the remote that allowes for followme.

I have seen some protos of this from another manufacturer but it is not out yet nor compatible with DJI.

Does DJI have anything like this in the pipeline? It would be an awesome addition to the Phantom.

Wishlist.
-Small enough to use while doing sports,
-waterproof.
-battery level warning.

Thanks

M
2015-10-13
Use props
jsouroufis
lvl.1

Greece

You can use Litchi app alongside with their Magic Leash!
That way, you have the remote+device running Litchi and program it to follow another smartphone running Magic Leash.
You can use a waterproof armband in your case.
2015-10-13
Use props
Ridelow
New

Norway

Thanks for the reply! That looks like a solution.. Any experience with it ?

One thing, I am on iOS, any alternatives that work with that or do I have to invest in a Android device? if so, any recommendations?
2015-10-13
Use props
jsouroufis
lvl.1

Greece

Tried it once when i bought Litchi, worked as the stock Follow me!

As far as i know, there are no alternatives for iOS, so yes, if you want that feature you have to buy two android devices. There is no need to buy a tablet for the remote if you are planning on using them just for that.
Now, depending on your budget, i suggest HTC devices as i have no lag issues etc. You can also look at nexus 5 as it can be found quite cheap nowadays and has great specs.
I would stay away from Samsung devices as the bloatware will most likely cause issues ( i have the Tab S 8.4 for the remote and i had to root it and remove everything, freeze Google apps, airplane mode etc)

I hope others can suggest what compact smartphones they use without any issues.
2015-10-13
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

jsouroufis Posted at 2015-10-13 14:26
Tried it once when i bought Litchi, worked as the stock Follow me!

As far as i know, there are no a ...

Nexus devices would probably work as well
2015-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules