Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I buy an OSMO?
3220 7 2015-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thewood45
lvl.2

United States

So this OSMO looks very cool.  My question is what uses will you guys use for your OSMO?  I've been thinking about possibly getting a GoPro 4K, but this looks much better.  Here is another question I have that I've been thinking about today, why don't these new camera's have optical zoom?  Back in the day all the "1080" hand video camera's had optical zoom, and it was used all the time.  These camera's do not have zoom at all, so that will limit the uses.  Sorry for the rant, just think this is very cool and trying to figure out ways to justify buying it.

Eric
2015-10-13
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm blessed to live on Oahu's northshore, and will be filming big waves and surfing this winter with my Inspire, I plan to use the Osmo as a tool to interview and video spectators on the beach.  The ability to control the Osmo from a distance has some other interesting possibilities as well......Then putting it all together for big waves and bikinis project I have in mind.  
I also have big plans to use the Osmo for capturing additional ground level oblique images that will be merged with aerial inspire images for pix4d mapping projects.
If you lack the creative visions for what you might do with such a tool, don't spend your cash on it.  If you can dream it, you can do it....
2015-10-13
Use props
Thewood45
lvl.2

United States

Thanks! I have a 7 year old daughter and I want to capture as much video/photo's as I can while she grows up.  I guess I'm trying to compare this verses all the other options out there.  Your projects sound AWESOME
2015-10-13
Use props
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

Thewood45 Posted at 2015-10-13 13:13
Thanks! I have a 7 year old daughter and I want to capture as much video/photo's as I can while she  ...

If taking a photo > shooting a video, I'd recommend a mirrorless camera instead or even get a good phone/camera device.

If you hold a GoPro to take a picture, you need to really stabilize your hand, because it's not as fast as a point and shoot camera. Of course this all depends on the type of SD card you get, the resolution you choose etc. When shooting a video, depending on what you do, you still may want to invest on a gimbal, since I assume you will likely follow your daughter around while shooting a video.

I can't comment on OSMO since I don't have one yet.
2015-10-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I have gopro hero 4 black and osmo, both of them are good cameras, eventually i found out that there is only two reasons to buy gopro instead of osmo: 1. it's waterproof 2. there are more options with mounting.  but with osmo you getting much more for the money you spent . (i'm not making advertisement, it's just my own opinion)
2015-10-13
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-14 08:30
I have gopro hero 4 black and osmo, both of them are good cameras, eventually i found out that there ...

I second this.. I have the GoPro too and got it just because its waterproof. The Osmo gives you much more options for filming.. Yes its not waterproof but ( with something I have in mind ) you could definitely film in the rain with it..

As soon as I get it, I will experiment with rain filming.. Its Autumn here in the UK so will likely get a lot of rain
2015-10-14
Use props
Thewood45
lvl.2

United States

Thanks guys.  I'm not concerned about the waterproof.  I think I'll get the OSMO...Love the technology aspect of this.  I think I'm more excited about this then the Phantom I recently purchased for some reason.  
2015-10-14
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

I just purchased mine to use for general purpose/travel and to incoporate video into my photography services. I am really excited about the car mount and being able to control the camera setting and movement from inside the vehicle. That means I could get amazing stabilized video from multiple angles (shooting several times) and control the camera to get nice reveal, chase, and panning shots of the clients car while driving. Really adds some cinematic/commercial grade looks to videos not possible with GoPro or anything even close to the price range.
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules