New battery for Ronin-M
8822 18 2015-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear DJI Customer,
To provide you with a better user experience, we are pleased to announce a new 1580mAh battery for the Ronin-M.
All Ronin-M units will come with two new 1580mAh Ronin-M batteries and a new battery charger instead of the current 3400mAh battery and charger.
The new battery is half the size and weight of the old battery, making it much easier to store and carry. The pricing for the whole Ronin-M set remains unchanged. DO NOT use new batteries with an old charger, or old batteries with a new charger. The Ronin-M needs to be upgraded with the latest firmware before using the new battery.
If you have any questions, please contact your dealer or DJI Support
new.jpg
old.jpg

2015-10-15
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Are you offering this new batterry because it offers also better stabilization on Ronin-M, due to its lighter wieght ?
Is this a response to the many cusotmers complaining about Ronin-M drift issues ?

Please let us know if you reccomend this battery over the original one, and what were the reasons behind this sudden change.
Thank you
2015-10-15
Use props
gautiercoiffard
New

United States

Is the change free of charge for owner of the DJI Ronin-M?
2015-10-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

gautiercoiffard Posted at 2015-10-18 23:15
Is the change free of charge for owner of the DJI Ronin-M?

Unfortunately it's not free... purchasing the ronin-m now, it will go with the new battery
2015-10-18
Use props
nafetsone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770472 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

so for that new smaller battery you need a new charger to?
2015-12-10
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone have feedback on using the Ronin-M with the new battery? Thank you! -George
2015-12-20
Use props
victorbbraga.gm
New

Portugal

I bought a regular Ronin (not Ronin-M) yesterday. It comes with 1 new battery (1580 mAh). Is that correct or the seller are just cheating me? The battery charger is the old one... Can I charge these new batteries (1580 mAh) with the old charger (model: MDA10116803000)? Ronin (the regular one, not Ronin-M) works with these new batteries (1580 mAh)?
2016-1-1
Use props
kael92
lvl.1

United States

victorbbraga.gm Posted at 2016-1-1 18:17
I bought a regular Ronin (not Ronin-M) yesterday. It comes with 1 new battery (1580 mAh). Is that co ...

From my understanding the 1580 mAh Battery is only meant to be used with the Ronin-M. The regular Ronin's should still come with just 1 3200 mAh battery.

Has anyone used the new battery with their Ronin-M yet? Any advantages besides it being lighter?
2016-1-7
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

kael92@aol.com Posted at 2016-1-8 04:46
From my understanding the 1580 mAh Battery is only meant to be used with the Ronin-M. The regular R ...

I have the Ronin-M and it comes with 3 new 1580 batteries from Xmas sales, they work really well, i dont know if the lighter weight on the new battery will allow more than 3.6KG to be installed on gimbal
2016-1-15
Use props
George Mihaly
lvl.2

United States

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-1-15 10:33
I have the Ronin-M and it comes with 3 new 1580 batteries from Xmas sales, they work really well,  ...

Thanks for the feedback Valeal! -G
2016-2-1
Use props
dave
lvl.1

United States

Can the 4350mAH battery be used with the Ronin-M and "old" charger? I have one of the 3400mAH batteries and "old" chargers. I want to buy a second battery, but prefer to not buy another charger. BTW, I also use the Ronin-M to power an Apurture DEC follow focus and MustHD monitor. Will the 4350mAH battery work like the 3400mAH and also last a bit longer?
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

dave@pixelstogo Posted at 2016-2-28 00:38
Can the 4350mAH battery be used with the Ronin-M and "old" charger? I have one of the 3400mAH batter ...

No, chargers cannot be switched. New battery should be charged with the new charger.
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 14:19
No, chargers cannot be switched. New battery should be charged with the new charger.

So frustrating that DJI would require us to buy a new charger just to use the new batteries! They use the same connection terminals and have "smart" technology, so why can't the "old" chargers work with new batteries? I want to buy a second battery for my 6 month "old" Ronin, but the idea of having to shell out money for a battery AND charger is not good news.
2016-2-29
Use props
stephen851
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United States

I don't understand why these "smart" chargers can't charge the new battery?

Tim, why are we not answering the question about the balance of the new battery... does the ronin-m balance better with the new battery or is this simply to split up your power so you don't have to smack on as much weight while operating?

DJI is fast on changing things after selling something that hasn't even been out that long. DJI should offer exchanges for people who just purchased in a certain timeframe that won't be hit with a fee to fix the first problem they designed. Slow down, make it right the first time...  software is another beast and I won't even go there.
2016-3-3
Use props
haimeyrolle
New

This is ridiculous you guys are treating us like customers new charger for new battery? for all i know the new battery should be free because this battery has so much error!
2016-3-4
Use props
KCMartin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29974 ft
United States

RE: New battery for Ronin-M... where can you get the new charger??

I have new 1580 mAh batteries but my December 2015 order for the new charger is still on back order at B&H Photo Video as of today. I also tried ordering this new charger at the DJI online store but it's unavailable there as well.  
I don't get it!!! The old battery is discontinued. The new batteries have been shipping for months. The charger for these new batteries is still unavailable AFAIK.
Why aren't there a lot of posts on this forum from Ronin-M owners about their dead 1580 mAh batteries and no chargers?  Am I missing something here?

Keith Martin
www.LocalCrew.tv
2016-3-9
Use props
michaelreiken
New

Can anyone answer me this...?????

Does the Ronin - Intelligent Battery (4350mAh) work with the Ronin-M? I am powering my RED and don't want to use the new (1580mAh) as it will only last 30 mins.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

michaelreiken@y Posted at 2016-6-25 01:33
Can anyone answer me this...?????

Does the Ronin - Intelligent Battery (4350mAh) work with the Ron ...

Hello Michael,
We would not recommend using the Intelligent battery (4350mAh) with the Ronin-M. If you want to have a longer duration of your Ronin-M, you can plug in two 1580mAh batteries at the same time.

Thanks.
2016-6-26
Use props
info
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-27 05:15
Hello Michael,
We would not recommend using the Intelligent battery (4350mAh) with the Ronin-M. If ...

And how would one plug in two batteries at once on the Ronin-M? This would be very handy to power external equipment.
2016-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules