Inspire 1 Pro Craft Differences?
1222 4 2015-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave R
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Folks,
I know this question has been asked a lot in this and other forums since the I1 pro was announced, but we still don't seem to have an answer to the question about what exactly has changed on the craft itself between the I1 Standard & I1 Pro.  

I have the new bird sitting here next to me, my I1 had to go back for a refund due to a fault so I decided to take the opportuntiy to upgrade to the pro.  It arrived last week and only had time/weather for one shoot last weekend, but so far I love it.  Thing is, apart from obviously the camera, heels & new prop locks, I still have no idea what's changed under the hood.

Rumors so far have included higher KV motors and upgraded ESC.  I know the motor model number has changed, but not sure what the significance of the 'H' designation is in 3510H.  I get that nothing official could be disclosed because the pro hadn't been 'officially announced' yet, but this has now been shipping and in customer's hands for over a week now, which is surely enough time to officially state what the differences are.

Apart from the expected reduced flight times, I could swear the motors sound slightly quieter than the I1 standard, but as my other one has been returned I can't put them side by side to check so I may be totally imagining this.  

So, to I1 Pro owners, have you noticed any differences in how it handles vs the I1?

To DJI, can we please know the specs of what we've bought now that we've had it for a week....pretty please?

Thanks!
D
2015-10-15
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Yes please let us all inspire 1(s) know. We would like to hear. Are the legs taller as talked about? Are you getting the same flight time on batteries?
2015-10-15
Use props
Dave R
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ibdronin Posted at 2015-10-15 15:05
Yes please let us all inspire 1(s) know. We would like to hear. Are the legs taller as talked about? ...

It was a short photoshoot in a wooded area so I didn't get to fly around much, but hopefully be out flying tomorrow so I'll post back when I have a better idea on battery life.  TB47 wasn't long at all, but that was a first charge so maybe not a good test?  Didn't manage to run a TB48 down but I'll let you know.

The heels on the I1 Pro are just the same adhesive-attached ones that fit to the normal I1 as part of the x5 mounting plate package, they're not a single extended landing gear piece as I thought they might be from the pics.  
2015-10-15
Use props
Dave R
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Sadly my flying day was a non-starter due to weather so no report on flight times yet.
2015-10-18
Use props
Dave R
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Interesting fact of the day however, it seems that IMU calibration on the I1 Pro is at least twice as fast as on the standard I1.  <10 min on pro, but my standard would take 20-25 min. Can anyone else verify this please?
2015-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules