Camera question
1397 9 2015-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Breakingseether
lvl.2

United States

just curious because the manuals don't really touch on this. I can't turn my camera from left to right. It seems like it wants to, as in it moves very little. It looks straight, and down with ease with the top left rc wheel, and even tilts diagonally as a confused pup does, even when calibrated or turned on the camera moves full motion just no side to side...am I missing something???
2015-10-15
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.3

United States

The camera can only move the smallest amount left-right, and that is a software compensation to help with image stability, not something you can control.  Unlike the DJI Inspire, which can lift its landing gear out of the panning axis field of view and thus enable the motion you refer to, our P3 landing gear is fixed, thus allowing a pan only by rotating the entire aircraft along the horizon.  

So, are you missing something? No.  You can still do just about everything the Inspire does but using a different approach.
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Phantom camera gimbal doesn't have YAW, and what you was describing up there is just to make the turns lookng more smooth in a video
2015-10-15
Use props
Breakingseether
lvl.2

United States

Sweet..good to hear thanks guys I appreaciate it
2015-10-16
Use props
vii777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87152 ft
United States

I find a smooth touch with Yaw to be one of the most difficult things about filming with the P3P. So far I find it next to impossible to make a smooth panning gradually starting the rotation and slowing it down so its smooth. Premiere Pro helps but hopefully its just a matter of practice and talent to be able to do it with the machine itself.
2015-10-17
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

vii777 Posted at 2015-10-17 14:17
I find a smooth touch with Yaw to be one of the most difficult things about filming with the P3P. So ...

You can adjust the Yaw speed movement with the App. It can be very smooth.
Watch this video.

2015-10-17
Use props
vii777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87152 ft
United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-17 08:35
You can adjust the Yaw speed movement with the App. It can be very smooth.
Watch this video.

Much appreciated!
2015-10-19
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

My pleasure. Have fun.
2015-10-20
Use props
nabesarawak
lvl.2

Malaysia

The other hand, what is setting of YAW endpoint ?  Somebody make thread, but haven't get final answer ? Anybody could explain ?
2015-10-20
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Gain adjustments help but don't cure my out of control movements.    Practice practice practice.
2015-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules