Lens Filters
3551 17 2014-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goodrichodyssey
lvl.1

United States

Does anybody know if you can purchase different kinds of filters for the Vision plus? In a sunny day a good polarzing filter would be nice.
2014-12-18
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

Pickings might be slim, it would have to be something to slip over the lens like a lens cover. I just looked at mine and there are no filter threads for a normal screw on filter
2014-12-18
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

As daft as it sounds,  you can get a kit to fit the screw on filters for cameras, for the vision.  And the vision is not really the flying camera they say it is due to its rubbish gimble.

How ironic is that.
2014-12-18
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

I have made a polarized filter that weighs less than 1 gramme. used my 3D printer, must have made about 20 till I got it perfected!
lenscapfilter2.jpg
2014-12-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Yeah,  I've been wanting to get a CPL filter for mine too but DANG!... I don't have a 3D printer.  I ordered a lens shade from Shapeways that allows gel filters to be installed between the lens and the end of the shade  (just forgot to get some gel filters)
Shapeways filter pedal.gif
2014-12-19
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

johnkilcline@gm Posted at 2014-12-19 17:53
I have made a polarized filter that weighs less than 1 gramme. used my 3D printer, must have made ab ...

Which printer do you have ?
2014-12-19
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

umpa Posted at 2014-12-19 20:00
Which printer do you have ?

Flashforge Creator Pro
2014-12-19
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have the wanhao duplicator 4, Makerbot clones you can't beat them
2014-12-19
Use props
oilswoodhome
lvl.2

United States

johnkilcline@gm Posted at 2014-12-19 17:53
I have made a polarized filter that weighs less than 1 gramme. used my 3D printer, must have made ab ...

Looks nice!
What kind of filter film are you using?
2014-12-19
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

The ones this guy sells on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rodsnc ... ksid=p2047675.l2562
2014-12-19
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

China

Very helpful !
Ready to build my own 3D printer.
Let's see what it can do for a better shooting experiece
2014-12-21
Use props
b33son
lvl.1

United States

There's also this product as well. I don't own it so no idea what the quality is...

http://www.uavbits.net/store/p15/Lens_Filter_for_P2V_.html
2015-1-17
Use props
TheRann4u
Second Officer

United States

Yeah,  I've been wanting to get a CPL filter for mine too but DANG!... I don't have a 3D printer.  I ordered a lens shade from Shapeways that allows gel filters to be installed between the lens and the end of the shade  (just forgot to get some gel filters)

Gil, how is the petal filter working. I'm interested in that. best design yet!!!!
2015-1-18
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

I made my own from a Vision lens cover and CPL filter I bought on ebay. I cut a hole in the lens cover and removed the glass from the 25mm filter then glued it in. It doesn't look pretty but it works great. Cost about $10 and weighs 6g. I plan on cutting off some of the material to lower the weigh a bit.

2015-1-18
Use props
TheRann4u
Second Officer

United States

I made my own from a Vision lens cover and CPL filter I bought on ebay. I cut a hole in the lens cover and removed the glass from the 25mm filter then glued it in. It doesn't look pretty but it works great. Cost about $10 and weighs 6g. I plan on cutting off some of the material to lower the weigh a bit.

That was innovative and the better solution than gel film. but the added weight on the gimbal is my concern. keep us updated on it
2015-1-18
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

I have flown it atleast 15 times and the gimal seems OK. I guess I could put a quarter (6g) on the back of the camera to balance it.
2015-1-18
Use props
DSOKalani
New

United States

Anyone have any updates on any of the above mentioned solutions?  Any chance any of you could post some pics taken with the filters so we can admire the results of your labors?  Thx!
2015-2-21
Use props
endpoint
New

Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba

Maybe Mic Bergsma is the one you have to ask... http://micbergsma.tv/product-cat ... ilters-vision-plus/
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules