1616 14 2015-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hince_p
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2148865 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Phantom was operating normally that morning , flew around for 8 min in a remote area at 9.15 am then put it away all was normal
I set up to fly at 12.50 pm in a remote area with no interference with a 89%batterie
Phantom took off normally as I continued lifting and going forward ,it lifted 176 feet heigh and was 264 feet away ALL THE MOTORS STOPED SUDDENLY for no apparent reason !!
As it happen the rotor noise STOPED and I looked up and it was falling out of the sky with nothing around it...
It fell right on the bush road I was on ,, lucky for me it wasn't above Water.
I found it upside down ,battery 10 inch away,gimbal &camera 6 feet away and my newly  purchased carbon fibre blades were broke in half .
Sad day for this happy flyer
Looking back at the flight I didn't see any obvious errors from myself , controls were in up and forward as I was doing ...
image.jpeg
2015-10-17
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss!  Every fliers nightmare.   If you would post the logs and video here someone might be able to tell what went wrong.  Search how to post logs... read the follow for starters:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid122979

2015-10-17
Use props
Specboy
lvl.1

United States

Ugh.  sorry to hear about the crash.  My P3 had the connection loss issue and started it's "return to home" directly into a tree, then dropped onto blacktop from about 80-90' up in the air.  end of the Gimbal and some cracked parts of the chassis  the rest works.  I'm waiting to hear what DJI says as I've had to "repoen" my ticket after being arbitrarily closed several times without resolution.

~SB
2015-10-17
Use props
hince_p
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

It's gone back to dji service for repair .. Hopefully it a warranty issue
2015-10-17
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Specboy Posted at 2015-10-17 11:36
Ugh.  sorry to hear about the crash.  My P3 had the connection loss issue and started it's "return t ...

Sounds like it did what it was supposed to do.  Why did you not have the RTH altitude set to above tree level?
2015-10-17
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Is it possible the battery was not fully latched in?  I've read of some crashes where this is suspected.  Since then, I've tried to make it a habit of checking to see that it is fully latched before starting up every flight.
2015-10-17
Use props
Specboy
lvl.1

United States

dji.blitzk Posted at 2015-10-17 14:48
Sounds like it did what it was supposed to do.  Why did you not have the RTH altitude set to above ...

I did  (I'm set to 150').  Not sure what happened.  I was about 15' from the tree so there was plenty of room and the P3 should have gone up.  instead it skipped over to the tree hit a branch and dropped.  Thing was, I was in line of sight and there was no reason to lose connection.  

OP, Hopefully the P3 comes back fully repaired or replaced.

~SB
2015-10-17
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I  never have and never will fly with less than a full battery.  I am hearing this story over and over.  Every time it seems to happen the flight started with less than a full battery.  This one seems a little different since it gave no battery warning and just stopped.   

I am sorry for your loss and feel your pain.
2015-10-17
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

OUCH! I feel sorry for your loss
2015-10-17
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-17 13:18
I  never have and never will fly with less than a full battery.  I am hearing this story over and ov ...

How about losses that occurred with a full battery? How would that affect this reasoning?

I begin flights with batteries that are not 100%... leftover batteries with 70-80.. sometimes 50-60 for shorts.... never a crash. How would that affect this reasoning? An anomaly?
2015-10-17
Use props
hince_p
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

ag0n Posted at 2015-10-17 15:33
Is it possible the battery was not fully latched in?  I've read of some crashes where this is suspec ...

I suspect a defective batterie as I had 2 message came up that said CRITICALY LOW VOLTAGE
I took it home removed and re installed batterie and all was good.
I had marked that batterie to see if it's always the same one that did that, that's the batterie
2015-10-18
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

brycerichert Posted at 2015-10-18 02:23
How about losses that occurred with a full battery? How would that affect this reasoning?

I begin ...

If you read the whole message I said his sounded different.  But if you read the manual it says to NOT fly on anything other than a full battery.    Not sure what you got offended at, I was just making an observation.  But....

I stated I will not fly with less than a full battery.  Lot of people drive drunk and never have accidents, does that mean it is safe to do?  Is that an anomaly?  Having unprotected sex with many partners without incident, does that then make it safe?   an anomaly.   I don't understand your logic.  The risk is shown to be increased by flying with less than full battery.

2015-10-18
Use props
seansmithwfd
lvl.1

United States

Mine just did the same thing today. Fourth flight on machine and was only about five minutes into the flight at about 300 feet up. Started a forward decent when the motors shut down. Crash with broken frame and camera gimbal and a few other things.  What was the response from dji? How long did it take them to respond to you?
2015-10-19
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

Call DJI customer service, hopefully they will help you and it will be a warranty issue. At least it didn't drop on the top of a car or a walking person and caused injuries...
2015-10-19
Use props
Cap'n Charl
lvl.2

United States

My P3P did the exact same thing.  Unfortunately I was over a pond and my drone fell into the pond. Now DJI says to bad for me.  I'm out 1500$ because mine shut down and fell from the sky into the pond.  No problems for 3 months then update firmware to 1.4.1 and then 2 crashes in less than 30 days. Pending the resolution I will not recommend DJI until they get all the bugs out and updates work as they are supposed to.
2015-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules