Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Standard Distance Issue
927 1 2015-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjonkilmartin
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I have looked aorund on the web and cannot find a difinitive answer. I recently purchased the DJI Phantom 3 standard and have been out several times with it since. For the first couple of flights i took it easy to get used to the controls although I have been flying other brands for a while. I was struggling to get it to fly much more than 100m away from me withough losing signal.

I wondered if this was caused by inteference (although there was nothing obvious) so the next day I took it to the Yorkshire Dales which is literally in the middle of nowhere. Again at around 110m I lost signal again and it started to return home again. I am just wondering how I can get it near to the proposed 500m. I did try and take it vertically upto 200m but it lost signal and returned home at 193m (I was nowhere near any flight paths or people).

Does anyone know what could be the issue?

Cheers

2015-10-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Have you read the thread here about positioning of the antennas, Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices'?
2015-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules