Can't buy with no-fly! Other options, please!
7251 47 2014-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-24 08:04
2 props spinning clockwise and 2 props spinning counter clockwise cancels out the torque and keeps ...

You're right about the props, but the gyros do keep it from spinning as well if say, a gust of wind hits it. I don't think GPS has anything to do with keeping it upright really. The Phantom will right itself whether it has GPS or not. This is because of the gyros. Here's a video of me trying to spin/flip a P2V+ -the gimbal. You can see how it does not want to spin/flip and corrects itself. Try it yourself (be careful not to get hit by the props) and you can feel it correcting. This is indoors in ATTI mode, no GPS at all.

http://youtu.be/k_Qw7o5D_tU
2014-12-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jmtw000@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-25 02:29
You're right about the props, but the gyros do keep it from spinning as well if say, a gust of win ...

That is the flight controller working in conjunction with the power distribution system to keep it level.  You heard the motors accelerate to keep it level.  That is programmed into the flight controller.  The only so called gyros the Phantom has is in the gimbal and they are actually electronic and for the camera.
2014-12-24
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

The gyros are in the flight controller.

##All-in-One Design NAZA simplifies installation and saves space and weight. With the innovative All-in-One design, NAZA contains inner damping, controllers, 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis gyroscope and barometer in its light and small Main Controller.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2
2014-12-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jmtw000@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-25 02:46
The gyros are in the flight controller.

I stand corrected.
2014-12-24
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

SA,

Does this unit have the no-fly restriction yet?
2015-2-18
Use props
watson101
lvl.2

United States

What happened to this thread?

I'm new to Drones but just bought an Inspire. Live near the CIA in McLean and used the Inspire for several weeks without any No Fly Zone warnings. After sending the Inspire in for repair following an accident I decided to order a cheaper Phantom as a back up only to discover this No Fly Zone issue upon start up. I had to drive all the way to Reston to get out of it.

I can't believe DJI is jumping up to the government and shutting down hobbyist like tho. Look at the map. This is the biggest NFZ in the country.

Is there any effort to fight this? I would definitely want to join.
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Did you not see the news ? Washington is a special case but it is a typical over reaction caused by the public and government hysteria over "drones"
I live in the UK and the DJI no-fly zone for my local airport (Bournemouth International) does not even cover the end of the main runway.....
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well guess what ? Yep I have been proved wrong again, it seems the old fly-safe website that I have bookmarked has been superseded, now it shows a new no-fly zone for Bournemouth Airport, which does cover the end of the runway...
See the photos below..
OLD Zone

NEW Zone
2015-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules