Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What mic to use???
33836 51 2015-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buckames
lvl.1
United States

Have the Rode VideoMic Pro (expensive but  good) and the Azden wireless Transmit/receive.  Using the Aerial Drone Adjustable Cold Shoe to mount Rode Mic on Osmo. Working on testing sound with different settings on the VideoMic.  Pleased with results.  Found that it is best to remove SD Card from Osmo and use computer to play video & check quality of sound.  So far had good luck in eliminating Osmo fan sound.
2015-12-12
Use props
buckames
lvl.1
United States

Have the Rode VideoMic Pro (expensive but  good) and the Azden wireless Transmit/receive.  Using the Aerial Drone Adjustable Cold Shoe to mount Rode Mic on Osmo. Working on testing sound with different settings on the VideoMic.  Pleased with results.  Found that it is best to remove SD Card from Osmo and use computer to play video & check quality of sound.  So far had good luck in eliminating Osmo fan sound.
2015-12-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You can get your mic by following this link
http://store.dji.com/cn/product/osmo-rode-videomicro
2015-12-30
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

buckames, thanks for the heads-up regarding that mount. I just placed an order.
2015-12-30
Use props
danbeecham
New

United Kingdom

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-11 15:02
Have to say this is a pretty mean looking setup... will feedback after I give it more than an init ...

I have a similar set-up and found I had issues with noise from the fan still. Any thoughts?
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely for the price the DJI RODE mic is the way to go.
http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-rode-videomicro
2016-1-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Audio is better, not great.  Why don't the sound graphs light up to show level?
2016-1-11
Use props
Nick Hope
New

Thailand

scottcoers Posted at 2015-11-18 07:55
I just bought one of these, I'll let you know how it works out in a couple of days

http://www.amazo ...

And how did your Neewer flexible PC mic work out?
2016-2-1
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI is giving a free external mic even for previous purchases.
I have tried about 5 external mics and realized that the main difference you can make with one is to use one that is able to:
- windshield
- two-step high pass filter
- adjusted sound attenuation
- adjustable recording level
- headphone output for sound monitoring
Yet, mounting the external mic close to the camera will pick up sa lot of fan noise in quieter environments, especially when rotating the camera such as the back of the camera point toward the mic.
I do not recommend investing into an expensive stereo mic since the OSMO does not record a stereo input from the external mic. Better use the cash to purchase a stereo portable recorder for those situations when the audio quality is very important. Else, simply use a decent mono external mic connected to the OSMO (lavalier mics are good enough).
Regards,
Bogdan
2016-2-2
Use props
idh12volt
New

United States

I was planning on picking up a Rode VideoMicro until I noticed that it recorded in mono.  Does anyone know of a decent stereo mic for the Osmo that won't completely break me financially?  My plan is to start recording concerts of my friend's band.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

idh12volt Posted at 2017-9-19 12:31
I was planning on picking up a Rode VideoMicro until I noticed that it recorded in mono.  Does anyone know of a decent stereo mic for the Osmo that won't completely break me financially?  My plan is to start recording concerts of my friend's band.

Here is the compatible list of microphone with Osmo, please select  here:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889
2017-9-19
Use props
velocity49
lvl.1

India

Technology and aesthetics are two essential components for designing professional microphones. JTS microphones are the best examples where both technology and aesthetics are seamlessly incorporated. For the past 35 years, JTS has invested large amounts into microphone research and development. These effort makes the JTS microphones the best Shotgun Microphone, they are a marvel in terms of affordability, performance, and reliability.
2018-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules