Home Point: Controller or Bird
1017 8 2015-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickbell60.gmai
lvl.1

United States

Is the Home Point established on take off by the position of the contoller or the bird?  Relevance, if I'm standing along a treeline and fly the bird into the middle of a field and hit the establsih home point button, is the new home point following a RTH command the center of the field or the original location of the controller along the tree line.
2015-10-18
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Its the controller - otherwise the bird would just land at its position in case of a connection loss. Imagine that

Before trying RTH however make sure its set high enough to not crash into the trees in case you stand behind them.
2015-10-18
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Thats possible. I always take off very near the RC so there never was a difference.  There are 3rd party apps which have this point draggable but I never used this.
2015-10-18
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-18 21:38
Yeah... for most people, it would likely be the same. I just tend to land straight on the field fo ...

Ultimate Flight or Litchi or both of them.
2015-10-18
Use props
rickbell60.gmai
lvl.1

United States

Paul,

Thanks for explanation and flight log screen shot, that clarifies everything.  I like the idea of flying the bird out and resetting the Home Point in the middle of the field to avoid a RTH to close to trees in the event of a problem.

Rick
2015-10-18
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

A tunnel will switch it to Atti mode its likely to drift away and crash in the tunnel within a few moments. Never fly in a tunnel there may also be heavy wind.

I wanted to fly under a small bridge and to measure the hight I just flew under it and ascended. Was a bad idea it lost GPS and started to drift I just got it out centimeters away from a crash I will never do this again.
2015-10-18
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-19 03:13
Atti-mode practice is always a gooooooooood idea.

One never knows when GPS might crawl up its own  ...

Atti alone is not the problem but in a tunnel it can crash in a second with the wind.  Inside a canal maybe there is less wind if its not only one tunnel but thats a special case.
2015-10-19
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-19 14:35
That is why atti mode practice is so essential.

We see helicopter pilots performing rescue missio ...

At least wind setup in the simulator would help. We would know them how strong wind it can really fight and also how big the effects of their removed wind compensation is which was a idiotic idea anyway..
2015-10-19
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

Hi Paul, if you're looking for a good sim you might try Phoenix. It uses photo realistic back grounds, Stonehenge, airstrips, the Grand canyon etc, and it employs awesome wind control settings such as direction, strength and gust rates all with real world variations ( southerlies in my home city ever come from one direction, they to and fro almost constantly.   Perhaps not so useful for the I1 which tolerates cross winds fairly well and who would fly truly turbulent conditions.

Btw I have fitted my I1 with prop guards for indoor or even canal tunnel work; very cheap and effective insurance!  It's comforting steering my I1 into walls and branches and harmlessly bouncing away intact, who need fear Atti mode again?
Daniel
2015-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules