New goverment task force to track private drones
1564 8 2015-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pb05life
lvl.2

United States

I just saw on the news that the US goverment is creating a new task force to track all private drones. It will require all private drone owners to register and pay a regerstration fee kind of like  we have to do with our cars. You have to love america the least free country in the world.

2015-10-19
Use props
jonnybgood.olss
lvl.3

Sweden

So far it is free in Sweden. But we understand that given the price drop, so it will not work if each & every flying around with a drone.
It becomes chaos for sure.
We are pioneers will certainly think back to this time as the time we could "be free" drones owners.
There will be compelled countries to have stricter laws on drones, for sure.
2015-10-19
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Now they just shoot them Down http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/viden/t ... ed-med-radioboelger
2015-10-19
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Yep as they say only two real things. Death and taxes.
2015-10-19
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

Well this sucks. If the fed is planning on a fee I will be selling mine. Glad I kept the box. First registration and then comes confiscation. Got to love big brother always looking out for us and taking our money at the same time.
2015-10-19
Use props
Mountainflyer
New

United States

This stinks. Anyone know when that will happen?
2015-10-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Now that is funny!

If you are flying somewhere you are not supposed to be and someone takes it out of he sky then it is deserved to be toasted!

And the English translation from google translate...

It looks like something from a science fiction movie, with the rifle is actually real and designed to shoot drones down.
Instead of bullets, proper anti-drone cartridges, using the rifle interfering radio waves that destroy the drone pilot's ability to control the vessel.
Drone Defender developed by Battelle, an American non-profit research and development organization.
It is conceived as a non-hazardous tool that can reduce drones without shooting them in pieces.
To use radio-gun find the drone in the crosshairs and pull the trigger, after which the radio waves could force the drone to land.
Also read: New problem: Fly tangle with drones
According to Battelle works gun already up to 400 meters afstand.Den weighs about five kilograms and can be used for five hours in line.
The rifle is approached police and others to protect areas against drones.
It could be prisons, protected areas, military bases and airports where drones have previously disrupted air traffic.
Firefighters in the United States could certainly have used Drone Defender in their recent meetings with drones.
During the ongoing fighting forest fires, there were so many drones in the air that rescue helicopters could not throw their cargo of water in the right places.
Drone Defender is still a prototype, and the company still has not published any price.
2015-10-24
Use props
benke.bona
New

Sweden

The problem is that so many people with no knowledge of airspace is buying drones and flying them thinking they are alone. There is some real safey concerns regarding near misses with real airplanes. A drone is too small to bring a normal plane down (thing large birdstrike) but if a 737 swallow one of those in one of the engines, it' going to cost. A lot....
So when you fly you have be prepared to face the music. But if you learn how the airspace is working and work with it, then you probably don't have any problems. Some sort of education, drivers license if you will,  should be bare minimum. The truth is, they started out as toys but are not toys anymore....
2015-10-26
Use props
pb05life
lvl.2

United States

benke.bona@gmai Posted at 2015-10-26 14:18
The problem is that so many people with no knowledge of airspace is buying drones and flying them th ...

I do agree to a point, I think a course is not a bad idea. What I don't like is having to pay a yearly fee and the government always seems to screw up everything they get involved in. Also I can't see a toy drone being more dangerous they a goose or other big bird. It would be better if the industry leaders put together a system to teach proper safety.

And lastly if you go out and buy a ultra light plane you don't need any licensee any anything, but our small toys will.
2015-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules