Purple videos and photos. - REPAIR tracking
2153 21 2015-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gka67ss
lvl.1
United States

I'm having an issue where all of my videos, and many of the photos I take have a purple "filter" over them. I've tried every setting that I can think of, but nothing will get rid of this overtone. If I'm trying to take a video, it just pops up and drops off every second or two, so when I'm just trying to take photos, I can get a clear one every once in a while.

Any Ideas??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvdwfdz9n1kaxmw/morning_fog.mov?dl=0
2015-10-19
Use props
gka67ss
lvl.1
United States

OK...I called customer support, and they said it was a hardware issue, it's being sent back.
2015-10-19
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

gka67ss Posted at 2015-10-19 09:37
OK...I called customer support, and they said it was a hardware issue, it's being sent back.

That really sucks....good luck!!
2015-10-19
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Good to hear you have a solution - I hope it isn't away too long and you can enjoy your hobby.
2015-10-19
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

Thanks guys....I'll make sure that I post the results of the support I get from DJI.
2015-10-20
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Really too bad because that was some nice footage.  Good luck.
2015-10-20
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

^^I know...I was thinking, when am I going to get to capture that again? hopefully I'll get it repaired, and will get another chance.
2015-10-20
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

I've read several posts on here about the service from DJI not being all that great, so I thought I would use this issue and thread to document how my service goes with sending the P3 back. I called on Monday and after about a 10 minute wait, I was on the phone with a service tech that I described the issue I was having, he said immediately that it was a hardware issue and that I would have to send it in. He got some information from me, and issued me an RMA #, and sent an email with a FEDEX shipping label attached, and directions on exactly what I needed to do. MY hope is that by following the instructions, I'm going to be able to provide useful hints to others as to what should be done to get the best experience with DJI. I took the drone in the original box, complete with remote, props, battery and charger, and included an amazon reciept and the filled out form that was included in the email in the box, to the FEDEX store where they carefully wrapped the box with bubble wrap, and placed inside another box. It cost me about $23 to have them pack it up. I then wrote the RMA number in large red letters on the bottom and top of the box. This step was outlined in the instructions that were emailed to me. I was given a reciept with a tracking number on it from the FEDEX store, and its off. The scheduled arrival in CA. is Friday afternoon.

I'll come back as I see steps happen to keep this updated.
2015-10-22
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

On Friday, the package arrived in CA. and was signed by a Bobby B. I'll keep you all up to date when it's in the "que" to be worked on.
2015-10-26
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

Just recieved an email that they recieved my P3P and I recieved a repair tracking #.  Basically it took one business day to get this in the system to get repaired. Much better than what others have posted. Seems like they have made big strides in fixing the issues they have been labeled with in the past. Still keeping my fingers crossed as we continue this journey.
2015-10-26
Use props
sasoto1
lvl.1

United States

Did you ever fly in of a Microwave antenna or something putting out lots of RF energy?
2015-10-26
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

Not that I know of sasoto1.

I just received an email stating that it would cost me $134 to replace the "Gimbal Roll Axis Component (pro/Adv)" which I immediately paid, and as the email suggested, took a screen shot of the paypal receipt and replied to the email sent that payment has been made.

I can only say so far that they certainly have seemed to make great strides in their customer support system. Now lets just see how long it takes to get this back. I hope to be able to report back soon that it has been repaired and is in perfect working condition.
2015-10-27
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

Today, It's showing that payment has been recieved and that repair is in progress.....stay tuned.
2015-10-28
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

OK....So it's been one week today since they have "CONFIRMED PAYMENT" for the repair, but it's still showing repair in progress. I think we can tell that they may have made some improvements on processing into the repair que, but maybe they still have some ways to go on getting repairs done. With the amount of upcoming potential sales over the holiday, and the increase in potential repair issues coming up. I would think that a week-plus to make this simple repair would be a red flag that they may not be prepared for the additinal work load. This should probably be an hour tops to repair, and should have been sent back out a week ago. I'll keep this updated as I get updates.
2015-11-3
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

I JUST received an email saying that my repaired P3P has been shipped. So, basically it took about 2 weeks to ship it to DJI in California, get it looked at, send an invoice for repair, get it repaired and then sent back out to me. This is a MAJOR improvement over what I've read in other posts, and what the perception is about getting these drones repaired. Kudos to DJI for making adjustments to the process!!!! I still say that they need to continue to improve with the increase demands, because it's likely to get much worse over the holiday's but for now....I'm totally satisfied with this process. Thanks guys....let's just assume here that I will get back a repaired bird!
2015-11-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Gunny Highway Posted at 2015-10-20 19:31
Thanks guys....I'll make sure that I post the results of the support I get from DJI.

We will do our best to fix it ASAP
2015-11-3
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-3 22:00
We will do our best to fix it ASAP

DJI-Tim....you should read all of my posts after this one.
2015-11-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Gunny Highway Posted at 2015-11-4 21:32
DJI-Tim....you should read all of my posts after this one.

oh.. I'm glad that everything is fixed now! Fly safe
2015-11-4
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

It was a good video, upload more when you get it
2015-11-5
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

mana.ram.1974 Posted at 2015-11-5 19:06
It was a good video, upload more when you get it

I hope to be able to get some new footage this weekend....it may be a bit too cold though, we will see.
2015-11-11
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

I thought I would come here and put a final note on this post. From the time I sent the p3p out, to the time I recieved it back was almost exactly 3 weeks. I will call that a victory based on what I expected. I picked it up last night from the local FEDEX facility, since I re-routed it to them because they required a signature, and I wouldn't have been home to get it. Then I got home and opened the package. The first thing I was impressed with was how the bird was packaged with everything I sent in for the repair, and back in the same original box that I had sent it in with. I re-unpacked it and charged up the battery and remote before I tested it. When the batteries were finally charged I was able to do a few quick, indoor flights to just see if the camera was now working as expected, and all seemed good!!! I'm overall very pleased with the service and speed.

The suggestions that I would make to anyone sending thiers in to be serviced, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS on all the emails you recieve, and do EXACTLY what they ask of you. I did, and it certainly paid off. helpful hints.

1. When packaging your unit, make sure you put your personal information on as many things as you can, so it can all be identified easily. I also wrote my RMA # on the original box I packed it all in.
2. I suggest taking the original box to a FEDEX faciltiy and spending a few dollars to have them package your box into one of thiers that would meet the requirements as outlined in the documents from DJI, and in large red letters, write your RMA numbers on that box, top and bottom.
3. When you recieve an invoice for the repair, they ask you to reply to that email with a reciept....do EXACTLY what they ask there, and don't wait more than a day to confirm they have recieved payment and it's in the system. I got a notice within hours that payment had been recieved and the repair was being done (or at least would be done shortly)
4. When they send your phantom or inspire back to you, they WILL require a personal signature to recieve it, so plan for that, or do what I did and have the shipment re-routed to a nearby FEDEX facility and pick it up from there. That made it easy for me.

It appears to me if you are able to follow the rules as they outline in the process, the repair won't be nearly as painful as many have come to believe.
2015-11-11
Use props
Gunny Highway
lvl.1
United States

Well.....(MAYBE NOT)BAD NEWS unless someone here can tell me what setting fixes this. I just got the p3p back from DJI and I guess they don't actually test the bird before sending it back out.

Here's what I get when I'm trying to record video now. This is from the SD card that was included with the purchase.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f5h8s ... %20%282%29.MOV?dl=0

Edited: It's interesting, I viewed the movies that I took this weekend and they all were very JUMPY, even when I loaded the SD card into the computer, I took the same video's and copied this one to dropbox to post on here, and this morning when I come here to look at the video to make sure it's uploaded, well......it looks perfect (other than my bad video recording skill). Now I'm puzzled....
2015-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules