Unable to setup new sd card
1257 9 2015-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,
                         Hopefully one of you experts can lend me some of your brain on this one. So I got a larger sd card for my ps and I am unable to copy the files from my original sd card that came with my p3 over to it. Alot of the files have what appears like jibberish? Now, the files that are within the folders are set as "read only" and it will not allow me to change this? Also, this version is older as Im trying not to update the firmware, etc... due tKKKACiiigAooooAKKKKACiiigAooooAKKKKACiiigAooooAKKKKACiiigAooooAKKKKACiiigAooooAKKKKACqmo/wDHsv8Avj+Rooqo7ky2PGPjb9zQ/rcf+0qKKKJ/EEdj/9k=[/img]

2015-10-19
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

What files? Why are you transferring them to the new card and not to a computer?
2015-10-19
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

you don't need to copy any files. just add your noe SD card to ur phantom, from the DJI go app, click on the "safe to fly" logo, and go down until u see "format your SD" hit that to format the card anytime u want.

2015-10-19
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Perfect! Thanks for the info fvnaguib ! I upgraded to a larger sd card and thought that I had to copy the folders and files over to the new sd card. It makes sense now with the instructions that fvnaguib  provided. Theres settings in the app that will format the sd card when in the p3.

Thanks again!!

Robert
2015-10-19
Use props
tmygun1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also remember that the P3 can handle a SD card that is 64 GB or smaller and it should be a Class 10 card.  Bigger then 64GB and you'll have problems.
2015-10-19
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the info tmygun1. The package that the sd card comes in doesnt show what "class" it is. Its a Toshiba 16GB sd card tho.
2015-10-19
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

So the P3 wont work with Class 4 sd cards?
2015-10-19
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

SacTownRob Posted at 2015-10-19 16:29
So the P3 wont work with Class 4 sd cards?

Doubtful.  Maybe if you set the video and still image settings to the lowest settings.  A class 4 card just doesn't have the read/write speed necessary for high resolution photography.  
Straight out of the manual (pg 54): "Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required"
2015-10-19
Use props
SacTownRob
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the info !!
2015-10-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's another classic case of didn't subscribe to the latest edition, or failed to reorder TFM, a typical syndrome.
Innoculation Still available from the free press @DJI.

RedHotPoker
2015-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules