Phantom Pro and Advanced Differences
1366 1 2015-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I always thought the two were identical other than the camera.  Then with a recent firmware update the Advanced got the 2.7k Video.  But I never ever knew that the downlink through lightbridge was different until reading the Phantom Pilots thread last night.

The Phantom Pro has up to 10 Mbps streaming and the Advanced will only do 2 Mbps streaming.  I guess it would only matter if you were using goggles or highres output through the HDMI port because I have my pro set to 2 Mbps often if I am getting any interfence problems.  Never knew that and never saw this before but here is the compare sheet from DJI.

Compare.jpg
2015-10-20
Use props
uscg_1994
New

United States

I think it was my thread that started it. It became apparent to me when I installed the HDMI board and hooked up my remote to a 42 inch TV and to my disgust it looked horrible. After two RMA's of my advanced for blurry HDMI performance, we have come to realize that this is likely the case and my unit was not defective at all. I don't think service/support knows how to deal with this. We need DJI to come out and confirm or deny they hobbled the Advanced bit rate via hardware or firmware.
2015-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules