Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Barometer malfunction
1103 4 2015-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shemp
lvl.1

United States

Hello all.  I have had 2 seperate forced landings while using the waypoint mode.  I think I figured out why.  I was flying this morning and noticed my altimeter was reading way higher than actual.  I was at about 2 m, it showed 8.  I had to land it several times to reset the error.  It occured every flight.

In waypoint mode, I'm guessing my i1 thought it was higher than actual and began a descent to acquire what it thought was the correct altitude.  Luckily, both events were over soft grass and didn't damage anything except a prop.  I'm now flying with the gear down jic.

I purchased it less than 3 months ago.  Any suggestions on a quick warranty solution?

Thanks

2015-10-20
Use props
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I read your previous thread on this, Paul, and wanted to confirm that I had the same issue.

Case in point in a big way, this morning. I had a job where I used waypoints over a relatively short distance. Wind speed was at about 3kt and the I1 was incredibly flat in flight. I landed to change the battery and swap an ND over, the wind picked up whilst I was doing so (about 12kt) and I ran the exact same waypoint mission from favourites. As soon as it started it dropped about 3m on its way to the next point so I had flip to P Mode to avoid grounding it.
2015-10-20
Use props
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I hear you.

I had a 20% to 3% over bramble on an older battery that I've been through the process with. Got away with it that time. I've also been able to hover at 1ft with battery reading 0% for a good 5 minutes. Something I've observed recently is that anything less than a full battery on 1st flights gives erratic readings i.e. if I try and 'finish' a 75% battery from a previous day, I'm on dangerous ground because it can deplete at a disproportionate rate.

So, on the strong wind thing, does this sound similar?.. I'm convinced that if I've engaged any IOC controls, and then reverted, I go through a period where the I1 'forgets' momentarily what the right stick does i.e. roll right and it will roll left first, and then right..? Same with pitching. It's like it's still exhibiting course/home lock behaviour for a short time.
2015-10-20
Use props
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-20 21:08
> the I1 'forgets' momentarily what the right stick does i.e. roll right and it will roll left firs ...

Sorry, yes, I'll leave this thread to the original subject.

I'll see if I can recreate it, but it's definitely FW1.4 symptom because it happens (...very occasionally) off the back of waypoint and orbit modes.
2015-10-20
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

I too have found that on calm days the I1 holds it's altitude perfectly without any "bobbing", on windy days however, I have to be very diligent on the controls to correct any sudden loss in altitude.
As well on windy days the I1 drifts "more" when light inputs are applied in any direction, it will drift with the wind. Prior to updating from 1.02.01.06 I had non of these symptoms, the bird was ROCK SOLID.
So now on windy days I try not to fly any lower then I need to, I should add that I am a "hobbyist" so I decide when and where & how I fly. I love my Inspire 1 and wish DJI would stop messing with it, i hope they get it back to where it was.
2015-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules