new drone
1464 7 2015-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

I am still doing my research as I need to buy 3 more drones for a project I have here. as I said before, I love my P3A, its really wow but I am worry about the future with DJI bad customer service.

I found the below drone, and I like how simple it is and the safety features that they added.

the company is https://vantagerobotics.com

and that's the new drone:

What do you think?

2015-10-20
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Interesting but I only believe once it is ready.

On that video, 2:10 => Jellow.

Just to think about adapting lens, software bugs, etc... we will see.

Next year a ton of new models are supposed to be coming up: plexidrone(trigger change cameras and arms), flybi (comes with goggles), lili and a bunch of other ones.

Let us see who can performs with technology and support.
2015-10-20
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I think the range will be about 50 feet with the phone's WiFi.

I think the camera looks like crap.  It has fisheye distortion.  The demo video was soft.  The image was not stabilized well.  It had jello effect from high shutter speeds.
It's a consumer toy that may never make it to market.

2015-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Pack all that stuff into that small body along with a decent battery, nah, I don't think so. Like all the yummy video promotions, it is as much about what they don't tell you as it is about what they do trumpet, like the Lily.
2015-10-20
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

It will have added option like:
- Thrust modules: 1 hour flight time, high speed/top wind performance
- Sensors: Obstacle avoidance, cellular modem for unlimited control range
- Ground modules: 1500 meter WiFi range extender, waterproof tracking beacon

For the fisheye distortion, they still working to fix that.
2015-10-20
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Seriously???

- 1hr flight times is a marketing dream unless the props get a lot larger, and it looses a lot of weight.
- Obstacle avoidance again is a marketing dream in small packages at medium price points, at least for the next few years.
- 1500m Wifi Extender is as least believable, but given it's using Wifi and not a dedicated radio link technology like the phantom etc it's going to be prone to all sorts of interference issues.

It's a consumer toy.

There's been a number of startups propose drones like this, the lily being a great example..  The original video promo was amazing.  This is the reality:

Save your money, stick with an established brand of out-of-box solution like the Phantom, or build your own quads using flamewheel parts to fit the task you have in mind and carry a decent camera like a gopro 4.
2015-10-22
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

Thank you kiwichrish, I never was impressed with Lily. but what I like in the snap is the portability and the safety. I didn't like the video quality they claim it is a 4K camera, but I didn't see that in the video. being connected to the mobile phone make it a selfie camera, I don't like that too. also the price, $1300 or pre-order $900. That's really expensive, so we should expect alot for that price. if it was max $400, I would get it without thinking.

2015-10-22
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

kiwichrish Posted at 2015-10-22 04:05
Seriously???

- 1hr flight times is a marketing dream unless the props get a lot larger, and it loos ...

Thank you kiwichrish, I never was impressed with Lily. but what I like in the snap is the portability and the safety. I didn't like the video quality they claim it is a 4K camera, but I didn't see that in the video. being connected to the mobile phone make it a selfie camera, I don't like that too. also the price, $1300 or pre-order $900. That's really expensive, so we should expect alot for that price. if it was max $400, I would get it without thinking.

I sent them my questions in an email and will see how they will response.
2015-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules