New remote controller firmware!
36629 337 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sami
lvl.1

Finland

Hi DJI peaople,

I have found one little thing/improvement idea.
Whe I am flying dawn and there is fog, arm leds are casting light also in camera. So I see red "ghost" on pictures. There are 2 things I would preferr:
1. Be able to switch front leds on and off with C1 or C2 (set that as one option there)
2. When taking still picture, front leds could switch off during camera is taking picture. (also could be an option)

Now it is bit too much to navigate through menus and switch them off.

regards,
Sami
2015-10-25
Use props
jmphelpsjr
New

United States

After this firmware update my right joystick now controls the camera and tilts it up and down and also controls the drone. Don't think its supposed to work that way and the gimbal wheel doesnt work. Ive tried it both on iOS and Android and it happens. I have reset my remote and re-downloaded the firmware but its still doing it. Any suggestions? I've reset everything I could, calibrated again in remote and nothing...Really hate to have to send this back to DJI after I just got it back from another issue...
2015-10-25
Use props
moisesedid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1273399 ft
Mexico

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-24 16:01
Here we go
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bqmjw ... GO%202.3.0.ipa?dl=0
Open this link and close the po ...

I downloaded your IPA file (thks!!) but it won´t register into my iPhone although I had the 2.3.0 version in it before.  So I can´t go down to previous version and can´t connect to aircraft.  Any ideas?
2015-10-25
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 464741 ft
Switzerland

moisesedid Posted at 2015-10-26 07:12
I downloaded your IPA file (thks!!) but it won´t register into my iPhone although I had the 2.3.0 ...

Hi moisesedit,
Unfortunately, my ideas are assumed
I hope for you, DJI will fix this problem soon !
Regards, Rolf
2015-10-25
Use props
ajad1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1418041 ft
United Kingdom

On my first flight since the upgrade the aircraft battery became low and entered return to home mode. With the tap the screen exposure option it was impossible to press the cancel return to home as the yellow exposure circle opened over the red cancel button.
2015-10-25
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

jmphelpsjr Posted at 2015-10-25 18:58
After this firmware update my right joystick now controls the camera and tilts it up and down and al ...

Are you in FPV mode?
2015-10-26
Use props
jmphelpsjr
New

United States

kgjamison Posted at 2015-10-26 11:33
Are you in FPV mode?

It does it in both follow or fpv.
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

Hi Tim,   I tried the firmware update v 1.4 for the Phantom 3 and the new DJI GO app on my IPad Mini (IOS V 8.1) and the Controller does not communicate with the DJI GO App at all.  There is no function to connect to the aircraft.  I called your Customer service line in the USA and got some utter Idiot who answered the phone named Marcus  (I called Tuesday Oct 20th at around 10:30 PST - California) He truly was clueless, and very abrasive, he did not know anything about the products you sell.  He told me he would open a Help ticket but didn't give me any ticket number, its now a week later and I have not gotten any contact from anyone.  I suspect he probably didn't bother to log the issue and just moved on, I didn't get the vibe on the phone that he really wanted to be doing this job.   Either way... I'm still stuck waiting for a response... It takes over 30 minutes to get through to the Customer Service Line.  I cannot fly my copter, and I use it in a professional videography manner.    I would like to get this matter resolved asap.
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 14:03
Hi Tim,   I tried the firmware update v 1.4 for the Phantom 3 and the new DJI GO app on my IPad Mini ...

Devinda
Update your IPad Mini to the more recent update to start with.
When you start the App and you cannot connect just unplug the Ipad to the RC and plug it bag after.
Just try this to start with.Dont forget to proceed the right way.
1- Plug the RC to your iPad
2- Start the RC
3- Start the Phantom  3
4- Start the App.
5- If the light is not green on your RC just unplug the cable from your iPhone and plug it back.
Let me know if that works.If not follow this procedure.
It is best if you can upgrade your iPad to the last version 9.1.
But bofore update your iPad, uninstall your DJI GO app.
Once you have update your iPad, now download and install DJI Go 2.4
Once it is done, reboot your iPad
Then turn on your RC with the iPad connected to it (not the Phantom for the moment)
Open the DJI GO app.
You  must see a message telling you to update the RC and camera.
Follow the procedure from the App.
Once the RC is updated. Turn off the RC and close the App.
Now, turn on  the RC, then turn on the Phantom 3 and third you oped the App.
Let's see if that works for you.

2015-10-26
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

jmphelpsjr Posted at 2015-10-25 18:58
After this firmware update my right joystick now controls the camera and tilts it up and down and al ...

Odd question, but does this just happen on the ground or while flying too? I see mine does that powered up and on the ground, but not in the air. Odd.
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-26 23:47
Devinda
Update your IPad Mini to the more recent update to start with.
When you start the App and y ...

Hi GQ.  

My IPad Mini 3 already has the new DJI GO App.... I replaced the DJI Pilot App and that is when all the problems started.  I have tried the steps in the order you gave...those are steps that DJI GO App also lists.  The Controller has a green light when the Copter is On, and I can fire up the propellers with the RC...so the RC is still paired.  I just cannot get the DJI GO App to connect to the RC.   
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 14:26
Hi GQ.  

My IPad Mini 3 already has the new DJI GO App.... I replaced the DJI Pilot App and that  ...

Start the procedures the way i told you.
You miss something there it is evident.Did you update your iPad to 9.1 or not ?
What is the firmware version in your Phantom ? It have to be the
v1.4.0010Otherwise it will not work that is for sure.

2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-26 23:58
Start the procedures the way i told you.
You miss something there it is evident.Did you update your ...

Didn't see the part about IOS 9.1 - your message was truncated.  I am doing that now.  Hopefully that works.  
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 14:32
Didn't see the part about IOS 9.1 - your message was truncated.  I am doing that now.  Hopefully t ...

You gonna make it.
I am  available here for the next coming hours.Dont forget to follow this step by step. Be patient.
It is best if you can upgrade your iPad to the last version 9.1.
But before update your iPad, uninstall your DJI GO app.
Once you have update your iPad, now download and install DJI Go 2.4
Once it is done, reboot your iPad
Then turn on your RC with the iPad connected to it (not the Phantom for the moment)
Open the DJI GO app.
You  must see a message telling you to update the RC and camera.
Follow the procedure from the App.
Once the RC is updated. Turn off the RC and close the App.
Now, turn on  the RC, then turn on the Phantom 3 and third you oped the App.
Let's see if that works for you.So let me know.
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 00:05
You gonna make it.
I am  available here for the next coming hours.Dont forget to follow this step b ...

LOL!  Really appreciate it...  I spent 1 and half hours on hold for Customer Service... The second guy also hung up on me.   I really don't know how DJI has a Customer Service Dept like that?  
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 14:39
LOL!  Really appreciate it...  I spent 1 and half hours on hold for Customer Service... The second ...

Dont forget tho turn on the WiFi connection with your iPad when you follow the procedure.
And if you can get your DJI Go app connected to your DJI account that will be the best.DO NOT update your RC before your app.
I am here and try to help you the best I can.
Good Luck
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 00:15
Dont forget tho turn on the WiFi connection with your iPad when you follow the procedure.
And if yo ...

Hi GQ,   I updated my IPad Mini 3 to IOS 9.1   - Installed the DJI GO App v 2.4.   Did what you said... no update from the App when open.  No way to connect to the RC???   The App simply does not connect to the RC.
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 15:25
Hi GQ,   I updated my IPad Mini 3 to IOS 9.1   - Installed the DJI GO App v 2.4.   Did what you sa ...

Unplug and plug back the cable. Do it many times.
How much memory available do you have on your iPad ?

2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:04
Unplug and plug back the cable. Do it many times.
How much memory available do you have on your iPa ...

I plugged it in a couple of times.... nothing.   The Ipad has nothing on it.  I bought it specifically to use as the Display for the P3.   I suspect this is the RC, is there any way to reset this RC?  
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 15:41
I plugged it in a couple of times.... nothing.   The Ipad has nothing on it.  I bought it specific ...

Did you start the Phantom ?It can be your iPhone cable ? DO you have another cable ?
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

lablover Posted at 2015-10-26 15:44
I had the same issue and realized I was using the cable that came with the DJI to connect to my iP ...

So it works or not with your iPad cable ?
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:12
Did you start the Phantom ?It can be your iPhone cable ? DO you have another cable ?

I don't have another cable but it works fine when I plug the Ipad to the charger so it must work?   Everything is brand new, I bought this 3 months ago in Singapore.   Have flown the copter maybe about 50 miles max.   about 10 flights or so.  I have updated the firmware once successfully about 2 months ago.  Everything went wrong last week when I tried updating the firmware to v 1.4 and then the RCs firmware to that 1.3.2 for the RC and installing the new DJI Go App.   
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 15:46
I don't have another cable but it works fine when I plug the Ipad to the charger so it must work?  ...

What is the firmware version installed in your Phantom ?
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:12

I did not start the Phantom copter.  That has been off all this time.
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 15:49
I did not start the Phantom copter.  That has been off all this time.

Now
Start your RC
Start your Phantom
And Start the APP
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:18
What is the firmware version installed in your Phantom ?

I don't know for sure, but I tried to install v 1.40010 and it said successful on the txt file.  FYI - the copter can be started by the RC - when I turn on the copter the RC's light turns green, and I can start the motors.  The issue I have is the RC does not connect to the DJI GO App... so I have no visual or way to control the Gimbal.   This is the same even after I followed your instructions and installed the new IOS 9.1 on the IPad and the new v2.4 DJI Go App....
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 15:54
I don't know for sure, but I tried to install v 1.40010 and it said successful on the txt file.  F ...

Now

Start your RC
Start your Phantom
And Start the APP

Can you send me a picture of what your see on your iPad screen when you start the app please.
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:22
Now
Start your RC
Start your Phantom

Ok did that... RC is paired with Copter (Green LED light) ... but still not with the DJI Go App...
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

How much memory available on your iPad ?
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:32
How much memory available on your iPad ?

IPad Capacity: 12GB
Available: 10GB

Ipad Cable works.
2015-10-26
Use props
WA2Sorg
New

United States

Hi,

I have an android Verizon tablet using with Inspire 1.  just updated Tablet = DJIGO 2.4 - the camera is updated to 1.4.0.10

I have more then 35 hours of flight time through  numerous updates.

The current update has nothing working - similar to many posters.

Trying everything!  Have a paying gig tomorrow

2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 16:04
IPad Capacity: 12GB
Available: 10GB

iPad cable works you mean you have now a connection with the APP ?
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

Here they are:
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Here they are what ?
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:38

No, its not broken or damaged.  I still have no connection with the app.
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 16:11
No, its not broken or damaged.  I still have no connection with the app.

Turn off the drone . Turn off the RC and turn it on and then the App not the drone.
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:38

Having difficulty uploading pictures to this forum?  Did it worK?

2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-27 01:45
Turn off the drone . Turn off the RC and turn it on and then the App not the drone.

Have already done this several times.  Same non-response from the App to the RC...?
2015-10-26
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 16:16
Having difficulty uploading pictures to this forum?  Did it worK?

No picture
2015-10-26
Use props
devinda
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

Do you have an e-mail address?  I can mail them to you...but its not going to tell you anything that I haven't already...  Is there any way to reset the controller?  
2015-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules