Argentina

always update with full batteries
2015-10-23
Use props
PhantomRosie
New

United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-23 10:18
Did you download the 2.4 App on your tablet ?
Did you reboot your tablet ?

I did both, I don't know what could be wrong. Also I am using an iPhone 6s, and  up till this "update" have had no problems. Seems like they updated me out of my phantom. :-(

2015-10-23
Use props
PhantomRosie
New

United States

Batteries on drone and remote are fully charged.
2015-10-23
Use props
PhantomRosie
New

United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-10-23 10:41
always update with full batteries

Batteries on drone and remote are fully charged.
2015-10-23
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 464741 ft
Switzerland

Hi together,

After I had some issues with the RC firm update I can tell you after some test’s, with two batts burned to 20% before landing, every thing works well:

Phantom 3 Prof on V1.4.10 / Compass Calibration done before first flight = YES
RC GL 300A on V1.4.30
GO App on V2.4.0 / IMU calibration = NO / RC Stick Calibrations = YES / every setting controlled = YES
iPad mini 3 on iOS V9.1 / Flightmode allways = OFF / WiFi allways = ON / VPS = ON / Video Cache = ON

Two flight’s = 16 minutes each / cold, overcast and windy day / 9 grade celsius / KP index 1 / 20 Sat's.
Distanz to home flown = 1250 meters (just for testing and 45 meters above home hight) without any Signal errors or Video interruptions.
All possible flight maneuvers flown (including left stick full down with fast forward flight to bring down the bird realy fast).
All  P, A, F, mode’s tested (HomeLock, CourseLock, Waipoint’s, Point of Interest).

This is a little give back to this forum where some people are trying to help others!
I used this forum often to catch some good infomations, but I didn’t have all the problems mentioned here in this forum until it happens to me also with this RC update.

I hope, the pilot's where still have problem's with the RC update, will come to a solution from DJI as soon as possible.
Regards and many happy landings to you all, Rolf
2015-10-23
Use props
Cloud Chaser On
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185745 ft
United States

DJI_Pope Posted at 2015-10-23 00:56
Cloud Chaser On.... I have a Phantom 3 STANDARD and my last update couple weeks ago seemed to mimi ...

Thank's  for the info Pope. I did, in fact, have the settings set to cache, but I am using a 64GB iPhone 6s plus so I don't think it should be a memory issue. I clear the cache regularly. It could still be the solution, but I won't know because I had some controller issue as well after this happened and "Return To Home" function landed my bird pretty hard on cement. I had to RMA it to be sure it was working properly. Can't take any chances with 4 giant blender blades flying through the sky. Safety first! I think something just went really wrong with my firmware or app update. The actual update process went very smooth, and I did a basic test flight after rebooting all of the devices but something went wrong once I was up to altitude. After retrieving the device, I noticed the gimbal base was really hot, and it was a cool morning around 49F. I'm not sure if it always gets that hot because I've never touched it right after a flight, but it seemed excessive.

I'll make sure to turn that feature off when I get it back just to be safe. ;)

Thanks again!
2015-10-23
Use props
Cloud Chaser On
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185745 ft
United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-10-23 21:23
Did you try to Reboot your tablet after DJI GO Update download ?
We often forget to reboot our tabl ...

Yes, I rebooted iPhone, Controller, and P3. I'm a computer engineer so I tend to reboot everything after any software change. I don't trust programmer's....hah
2015-10-23
Use props
edward315802
New
Flight distance : 38570 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If anyone have encountered upgrade issue under DJI GO 2.4, reverted to DJI GO 2.3 and do the upgrade again

It should fix the problem

(I have just managed to fix my RC problem)
2015-10-23
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

edward315802@gm Posted at 2015-10-23 19:10
If anyone have encountered upgrade issue under DJI GO 2.4, reverted to DJI GO 2.3 and do the upgrade ...

Hi edward315802,

It was exactly the same as I did, read also my problem reports in this topic.
Great to hear that this procedure can help some pilots with this issue. Well done
Regards, Rolf
2015-10-23
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

I think it is important to start with the DJI GO App 2.4 upgrading and then once installed, the app will give you a message aking you to update your RC using the App. That is what I did with 100% success the first try.
2015-10-23
Use props
pjefferies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068002 ft
United States

Warning - some people are having problems with this.  It seems to be related to people who have updated to IOS 9 (on iPhone or iPad), and updated the DJI Go App to the 2.40 version.  The RC firmware update would not complete and now the RC no longer communicates with the Phantom or the iPhone (except to allow you to try more failed updates).  I contacted my seller, who suggested trying to roll back to overall firmware 3.2 but that didn't work.  DJI has me sending the RC to California for repair.  

2015-10-23
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

pjefferies Posted at 2015-10-23 19:12
Warning - some people are having problems with this.  It seems to be related to people who have upda ...

You're saying updating to iOS 9 and GO 2.4.0 before the RC update was a factor?  If so, I'm glad I did the RC first.
I'm still at iOS 8.4.1 and GO 2.3.0 and just updated the RC.  The update went smoothly.  Took it for a test flight and the app locked up about 2 minutes into the flight.  It was 50°F so I don't think the iPhone 6+ was overheated.  I had to completely shut down the phone and restart it.  Times like that make you appreciate the RTH button.  Got the app restarted just before it landed, and flew another 10 minutes and 3647 feet with no further issue.  I doubt the new RC firmware was the cause, but who knows?
2015-10-23
Use props
jrudad
lvl.1

Malaysia

I have successfully upgrade the rc firmware to v1.4.0 and now update dji go to v2.4.0.
What I have to do after rc update before fly the bird....
2015-10-23
Use props
pjefferies
lvl.2
United States

edward315802@gm Posted at 2015-10-23 12:10
If anyone have encountered upgrade issue under DJI GO 2.4, reverted to DJI GO 2.3 and do the upgrade ...

Do you (or anyone) have an .ipa file of DJI GO App 2.3?  I don't have one and all the links I find point me to the 2.4 one.  I just got an iPhone 6 and don't have an old copy in Time Machine.
2015-10-23
Use props
turgaydilberfac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 674583 ft
Germany

SİGNAL ERROR
PLEASE HELP
2015-10-23
Use props
cubster4
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

pjefferies Posted at 2015-10-23 20:15
Do you (or anyone) have an .ipa file of DJI GO App 2.3?  I don't have one and all the links I find ...

Having the exact same problem with this firmware update. I too would appreciate receiving a copy of the DJI Go App 2.3
Frustrating situation

Thanks
2015-10-23
Use props
cubster4
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-21 19:27
Hi all,

Thanks you so much for all your inputs and informations!

Can you please email me a copy of the 2.3 app

Thanks
2015-10-23
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

pjefferies Posted at 2015-10-24 02:15
Do you (or anyone) have an .ipa file of DJI GO App 2.3?  I don't have one and all the links I find ...

UPDATE: Excuse me, I have removed the link to the GO App IPA file V2.3.0. Reason: for some pilots was it working and for some others not.
I hope there is a fix from DJI soon for this problem. I'm wondering about DJI that they won't reaction about this.

2015-10-24
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

cubster4@mac.co Posted at 2015-10-24 04:50
Can you please email me a copy of the 2.3 app

Thanks

UPDATE: Excuse me, I have removed the link to the GO App IPA file V2.3.0. Reason: for some pilots was it working and for some others not.
I hope there is a fix from DJI soon for this problem. I'm wondering about DJI that they won't reaction about this.

2015-10-24
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha All,

Well, it is nice to read that the Android side of this thread is not getting as much attention as the iOS side, but we are not without our own problems - most of them similar to the iOS problems.  May I say that GQ. covers both sides with his comments to Reboot the P3 and RC at each stage of the download and installation; be sure you have a good Internet connection; and figure out and follow the instructions.  It made me wish I had read this thread before I did the upgrades because each suggestion was what I had to figure out to do to solve my problem.

My Android problem may not have happened if I had noticed that a house fan was on just on the other side of a glass door where I was working.  These fans always interfere with my RC to P3 signal if I work near them in or near the house - not good during the installation because everything comes to a halt with "No Signal".  My solution though, with the Android, allowed me to just reinstall the DJI Go 2.4.0 app over the flawed one when I got away from the fan.  The download through the DJI Go app then allowed me to update the RC with no problems.  Previously, every time I tried to update the RC, I would get the very popular "Failed Upgrade" message and when I pressed "Retry", a notation at the bottom would say "Disconnected".  OK, so what is disconnected - my Internet or my link between the P3 and the RC?  After I pealed myself off of the ceiling, I was eventually able to determine that the link was not there between the P3 and the RC.  So now I have to break out the manual to figure out how to link the P3 to the RC again and of course that does not work (for a reason it turned out but the ladder was still there to get down from the ceiling).  Forget it, I will do it after dinner!

Well, a cooler head prevailed after dinner and voila no fans!  I reinstalled the DJI Go app and followed the directions and now there was a connection between the P3 and the RC - what!  Like nothing happened!  But at least I got to night-fly half a battery before I got into recharge mode.  All the IOC options still work, but like the DJI Go 2.3.0 version, and I did get the impression that the battery did go down a little fast toward the end there.  I will test that tomorrow.  All in all I got off light compared to some of you suffering iOS guys.  But the iOS and Android systems are not apple and oranges, but more like grapefruits and oranges - both citrus.  So, GQ.'s suggestions can work for both versions of DJI Go 2.4.0.  It is certainly worth a try.

One thing I noticed is that - thanks to DJI's fore-sight in developing the app, my failed efforts to re-link the P3 to my RC were blocked, probably because that was not really the problem even though it is mentioned as a possible by-product of this type of upgrade.  The RC status light and other indicators did not indicate or participate with a link operation because it was blocked by DJI.  So thanks to DJI, I could not screw myself and make more work to take up my night.  Mahalo DJI!

Cloud Chaser On mentioned that he felt the bottom of his gimbal was too hot.  The initial flight preparation screen has a gimbal function listing that may indicate if there could be a problem.  I think it also makes a special speaker sound if there is a problem (like grinding) - but do not hold me to that.

gongml was concerned that he did not have a RC download with the new app.  The P3 Standard has a different remote controller than the P3 Advanced and Professional.  The P3A and P3P RC is much closer to the Inspire RC.  We are Inspire wanna-bes but we get no banana.  I hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-10-24
Use props
spitfire4466
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6081365 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Downgrading to DJI GO app 2.3 saved me (and my remote) too
Thanks everyone!
2015-10-24
Use props
cubster4
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

spitfire4466@bl Posted at 2015-10-24 08:51
Downgrading to DJI GO app 2.3 saved me (and my remote) too
Thanks everyone!

Can someone direct me on how to load the older DJI GO app back onto my iPhone.
Downloaded it, but can't seem to get it to synch to my device

Thanks

2015-10-24
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

cubster4@mac.co Posted at 2015-10-24 09:08
Downloaded it, but  ...

Here's how I have done it on a Windows 10 PC.  This assumes you haven't emptied the Recycle Bin since installing 2.4.0.
Look in your Recycle Bin for DJI GO 2.3.0.ipa.  If it is there, you can proceed.
Delete DJI GO 2.4.0.ipa from where it is located. In my case it was under Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Mobile Applications.
Restore DJI GO 2.3.0.ipa from the Recycle Bin.
Then sync your device in iTunes.
2015-10-24
Use props
pjefferies
lvl.2
United States

Thank you VERY much WRS Heli - I'll update on whether I was able to get it working or not.  Thank you.
2015-10-24
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

cubster4@mac.co Posted at 2015-10-24 15:08
Downloaded it, but  ...

Hi spitfire,
For Mac users see informations for "dmcgirt" under followin link
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 42302&fromuid=61695

Regards, Rolf
2015-10-24
Use props
cubster4
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-24 12:30
Hi spitfire,
For Mac users see informations for "dmcgirt" under followin link
http://forum.dji.com/ ...

Hi

Managed to update the controller using the older App.
However now controller will not connect to Phantom, status LED remains solid Red
Any thoughts/help would be appreciated

Thanks
2015-10-24
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

cubster4@mac.co Posted at 2015-10-24 19:04
Hi

Managed to update the controller using the older App.

Hi cubster4,

The good thing is that you have managed to upgrade the firmware and the RC is not broken.
Did you see that the update was successfully updatet to version 1.4.30 (you can control this in GO App, in Camera View at the upper right corner, push the menu button and go to General Settings -> About.

What does the GO App tell you if you
1. power on ipad (perhaps you have to shutdown and restart your ipad first)
2. be sure the GO App is closed, otherwise close it
3. start GO App
4. power on RC

Remains it on the screen with the message-button 'How to connect' or switch the screen to the 'Camera-button'. Can you enter the Camera view? If not try to relink.

To relink the RC is described in the Phantom users manual - 'Linking the Remote Controller'.

PS: the RC should also be working together with your Phantom without connected to the ipad device

Hope this will help you, good luck
Regards, Rolf

2015-10-24
Use props
e.rallion
New

France

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-24 19:38
Hi cubster4,

The good thing is that you have managed to upgrade the firmware and the RC is not bro ...

Does anyone have the APK of the 2.3.0 version, for android ?

I tried to upgrade the RC yesterday and after 7 minutes or so of beeping, the upgrade failed, like a few people here apparently.
Now the status led on the controller is teal, and it won't do anything but instantly fail new upgrade attempts. It won't even charge apparently...
I want to try the 2.3.0 fix, as it worked for a few of you guys, before sending it back.

Thanks !
2015-10-24
Use props
Midnightrider
lvl.2

United States

Not problems here with the new update! Now if they can make them all that easy!
2015-10-24
Use props
AlienWarrior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1047201 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Made ni difference on my controller. Received the msg update completed ok. Wiped out the c2 button setting. No gimbal tilt using long push on c2 button. Meaningless update with no apparent difference but happy to say it only broke the one setting.
2015-10-24
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

The only "problem" I have run into with the updates is with the waypoint setup. I used to be able to place and delete points using the c1, c2 buttons...but I now have to use the menu screen...not a big deal...but an inconvenience.
2015-10-24
Use props
cubster4
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-24 13:38
Hi cubster4,

The good thing is that you have managed to upgrade the firmware and the RC is not bro ...

Thanks

I had to relink P3 to controller, once done, everything fell into place.

I appreciate the feedback and assistance.
2015-10-24
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

cubster4@mac.co Posted at 2015-10-25 02:01
Thanks

I had to relink P3 to controller, once done, everything fell into place.

It's my pleasure
2015-10-25
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

e.rallion Posted at 2015-10-24 19:30
Does anyone have the APK of the 2.3.0 version, for android ?

I tried to upgrade the RC yesterday  ...

Hi e.rallion,

Sorry, I'm not on android.
Regards, Rolf
2015-10-25
Use props
aadoat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3113757 ft
Australia

Anyone has any issue with this firmware? I updated it the other night, took it out the next morning and noticed that the battery life has been cut short immediately. TB47 lasted 10-12mins, TB48 lasted 15mins. It was a beautiful day, not much winds at all.
2015-10-25
Use props
twoturnspin
New

Australia

Appreciate the download of the 2.30 version, unfortunately it would not run as it is linked to another person's iTunes account.  
So no joy for me at this stage, very frustrating.
2015-10-25
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

twoturnspin Posted at 2015-10-25 13:52
Appreciate the download of the 2.30 version, unfortunately it would not run as it is linked to anoth ...

Hi twoturnspin,

Some pilots here in this topic has downloaded the IPA file and could install it on there devices. The IPA files are not personalized. Could it be that you never have installed the V2.3.0 on your device. After clarification you must have downloaded this version before with your own account, otherwise it's not registered in iTunes. Maybe another pilot in this forum has a hint for you! And yes it’s very frustrating with this RC upgrade where some people have a problem with.

Have you done the stuff for example written in the following link, NR 50?

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 42302&fromuid=61695

Try also to shutdown and restart your device.

Hope you can fix it soon
Regards, Rolf
2015-10-25
Use props
gerrypadden
lvl.1

United States

twoturnspin Posted at 2015-10-25 08:52
Appreciate the download of the 2.30 version, unfortunately it would not run as it is linked to anoth ...

I just got my Phantom 3 yesterday. Out of the box, I had to upgrade the firmware. I was able to update the firmware on the Phantom but not the RC. I'm running ios 9 and also ios 8.4 on two devices, neither which are updating the firmware on the RC.

I realize the updated DJI GO app is the problem, but since I just purchased the drone, I cant roll it back to 2.3.0 because I only have 2.4.0. I even tried to download the app via the link someone provided here but I cannot install the app as its linked to someone else's itunes.

I'm seriously considering returning this to amazon. This is such a waste of time, money and effort when DJI can't even put the same into testing their apps.

How have new owners gotten around this issue??? I have no idea how to update the firmware on the RC. I tried deleting the app, restarting the iphone and ipad, using older versions of the firmware to update via phone, ipad and via the copter.
2015-10-25
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

KimDJI Posted at 2015-10-23 15:49
Has anyone get an successful update with GO app 2.4.0 and iPad with IOS 9.1?

I have all the latest updates and 9.1. It all updated without a hitch. Test it out tomorrow on my iPad mini 2 and see if my issues are resolved.
2015-10-25
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

gerrypadden Posted at 2015-10-25 15:37
I just got my Phantom 3 yesterday. Out of the box, I had to upgrade the firmware. I was able to up ...

UPDATE to the text below. I didn'r read your last sentence in your message where you saying that you have done some thing I wrote below. Sorry!

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi gerrypadden,

After clarification, if you want the V2.3.0 GO App, it must be downloaded and registered with your account before you can use an IPA File from a specific version. But now there is a the problem that you never have had this version

Try following steps, otherwise I have no idea what you can do in your situation:
Have you have connected your Phantom with the RC and the GO App 2.4.0, so you can enter the  'Camera View'?

If yes, go ahead with the steps below

DO NOT POWER ON YOUR BIRD DURING UPDATE PROCEDURE !

1. is there enough space on your device?
2. remove GO App from your device
3. shutdown your device
4. power on your device and make sure you have a WiFi connection
5. install GO App V2.4.0 again
6. start GO App
7. power on RC
8. go to 'Camera View' and try to update again
9. the download of the new firmware to your device must be started again
10. after download has finished, the update to your RC must now run.
11. if not OK -> close the GO App, shutdown your device and the RC, Power on and try to update again

Another thing you can do is to reset your RC, have a look to following link 'force reinstall of the phantom 3 remote controller' with the four combination-key's:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 42050&fromuid=61695

Regards and good luck, Rolf

2015-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules