New remote controller firmware!
36637 337 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

In iOS it asks you to upgrade the RC.  You download the file and do the upgrade then after power cycling the RC the App tells you to do it again.  That is a glitch in the App.  Once I connected to an Android device and then tried to do the upgrade, even though it failed, when I went back to the iOS App it showed the RC as being current.
2015-10-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

moisesedid Posted at 2015-10-28 19:02
Worked for me too!!!!  after all these days trying to figure it out, this solution using using a ...

Moisesedid, that was me.   It worked for me and I am glad it worked for you.

2015-10-28
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

We realize there is a problem and we are working on it. Sorry for the delay.
2015-10-28
Use props
Friendlyfred
lvl.1

United States

Try this for 2.3.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bqmjw9k0yspdi7/DJI%20GO%202.3.0.ipa?dl=0
2015-10-28
Use props
Friendlyfred
lvl.1

United States

Friendlyfred Posted at 2015-10-29 12:47
Try this for 2.3.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bqmjw9k0yspdi7/DJI%20GO%202.3.0.ipa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj4hei33f0t1mtm/DJI%20GO%202.3.0%20%281%29.ipa?dl=0.

This should work for anybod to download....i hope
2015-10-28
Use props
moisesedid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1273399 ft
Mexico

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-28 22:25

Thanks Tahoe_Ed!!
2015-10-28
Use props
egordernov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 736860 ft
Russia

did upgrade with friend's android )
and now everything works perfect! =)
2015-10-29
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 464741 ft
Switzerland

moisesedid Posted at 2015-10-29 03:12
Dear wrs heli, you've been very helpful and spent a long time helping people about this issue. Man ...

Tank you moisesedid, it was my pleasure
2015-10-29
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-29 05:26
We realize there is a problem and we are working on it. Sorry for the delay.

WOW, DJI lives !

And thanks to all the guys here they tried to help other
2015-10-29
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

And now we have to own an iOS and Android device to fix the comming issues ?
2015-10-29
Use props
alekopoulos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51834 ft
Greece

Updating RC firmware via Android device (my Caterpillar phone) worked for me too. RC and aircraft are communicating just fine with Android or iPad device. Didn't have the chance for a test flight yet, but everything seems ok. Now i am upgrading my iPad iOS to v 9.1... fingers crossed....
UPDATE... iOS updated to 9.1 and everything seems fine. Tomorrow morning will try a small test flight

2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-29 04:26
WOW, DJI lives !

And thanks to all the guys here they tried to help other

Hi Rolf,

Yes we thank them also.
This forum was created to support all DJI users and so that users can share ideas and answer each others questions. Thereby helping each other out, as well as there are DJI forum support guys here to help users with questions about how to use their multirotor. Not very many DJI guys like me here though, especially compared to the amount of users asking questions.  So yes, it is good to see the normal interaction of users helping users with some help from DJI guys.

Dave
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-29 04:34
And now we have to own an iOS and Android device to fix the comming issues ?

Not necessarily,

As you know you can also....

Remove the DJI GO App V2.4.0
and Install the DJI GO App V2.3.0

"On MAC OS you can find the IPA files under ..\music\itunes\..\mobile applications\
But if you have updraded the App in iTunes you will find the older version in the recycle bin if you have not deletet it! Otherwise, maybe you have a backup from the older files in your backup from the TimeMachine? If you do not have a backup, maybe an other person can help you to get this file.

1. delete V2.4.0 GO App on your device
2. delete V2.4.0 GO App in iTunes folder (mentioned above)
3. copy V2.3.0 to this iTunes folder
3. open iTunes and you will see the old App
4. install V2.3.0 to your device via iTunes and sync it"

This will work for some guys also. But then you already know that. Thanks for all your help here.

Dave
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

alekopoulos Posted at 2015-10-29 10:39
Updating RC firmware via Android device (my Caterpillar phone) worked for me too. RC and aircraft ar ...

Good to hear it!
2015-10-29
Use props
gerrypadden
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-30 02:47
Not necessarily,

As you know you can also....

Unfortunately DJI Dave this is not true. If you just received the drone and downloaded the app for the first time, you only have access to v 2.4, not 2.3. You can't download it from someone else either as it is not associated with your iTunes account.

You have to update the firmware on the GL300B out of the box, which can only be done with the app. If there are known issues with the app, how else can you update the RC? You can't until DJI releases a fix for it. I have a $1300 paperweight at home, which is about to be sent back to Amazon.
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Rolf,

I reworded and expanded on your directions to the IPA files for the guys that might not know how to follow your file structure.

On Mac OS you can find the IPA files by opening your "Finder" then click on Go in upper left corner then scroll down to Home. Click on Music folder, then on iTunes then on iTunes media (if you have not moved the iTunes media that is, some move it to an external drive due to its size) , then click on mobile applications folder. You will then see your IPA files.
This will work if you downloaded the Go app with your Mac computer. If you did not and you downloaded it from your iPad or iPhone they (IPA files) will not be there. If so then....If you have not put the 2.4 Go App on your iPad yet you can back up your iPad to your Mac with the 2.3 Go App if you have it. (you will not have it if you have ("auto updates turned on") before back up it will ask you to "down load purchases from your iPad to your Mac" say "Yes". This will put a copy of the app on your Mac in your iTunes and a copy of the IPA files in the location I have described.
But if you have updraded the App in iTunes on your Mac you will find the older version in the recycle bin if you have not deletet it! Otherwise, maybe you have a backup from the older files in your backup from the TimeMachine? If you have TimeMachine turned on.
Then if all is working you can try putting on 2.4 knowing you have a copy of 2.3.

1. delete V2.4.0 GO App on your device
2. delete V2.4.0 GO App in iTunes folder (mentioned above)
3. copy V2.3.0 to this iTunes folder
3. open iTunes and you will see the old App
4. install V2.3.0 to your device via iTunes and sync it.
5. then try V2.4 again
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Also please keep in mind most people are not having trouble. Most are able to just go straight to 2.4 and upgrade the TX.
2015-10-29
Use props
wrs heli
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-29 21:02
Rolf,

I reworded and expanded on your directions to the IPA files for the guys that might not know  ...

Hi Dave, thank you for your response and your clarification to my directions

It's not my native language and was giving my best

Best regards, Rolf
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

gerrypadden Posted at 2015-10-29 12:24
Unfortunately DJI Dave this is not true. If you just received the drone and downloaded the app for ...

I did not know about the fact that "You can't download it from someone else either as it is not associated with your iTunes account."

If this is true then yes sounds like you are stuck. Have you tried and had it not work for you? Most are not having trouble.
Very sorry to hear it if you are.

Dave
2015-10-29
Use props
ArisMad
New

Greece

devinda Posted at 2015-10-26 21:54
I don't know for sure, but I tried to install v 1.40010 and it said successful on the txt file.  F ...

did you try another device to see if connect with your RC ??
Probably you have USB port failure. Had the same problem and replace the RC under warranty. Very rare problem but still happen.
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-29 13:13
Hi Dave, thank you for your response and your clarification to my directions

It's not m ...

My pleasure Rolf.

Thank you again for all your help.

Dave
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-28 21:25

Yep, seems to be a good workaround that is helping a lot of guys out.Thanks for originally pointing this workaround out to me.

Dave
2015-10-29
Use props
ArisMad
New

Greece

Hello
Firmware v1.4.30 upgrade done for my PH 3 Pro.  Is there any thought to add some digital ZOOM for the next upgrade ?
2015-10-29
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94964 ft
Italy

tonight I upgraded my RC firmware with my Android device  (v1.3.20 to v1.4.30)
the download was very fast and I had no problems  (about 2 min. )
I have not flown, but it all seems ok,
great way to upgrade firmware from  smartphone :-)
2015-10-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

ArisMad Posted at 2015-10-29 13:48
Hello
Firmware v1.4.30 upgrade done for my PH 3 Pro.  Is there any thought to add some digital ZOOM  ...

I do not know for sure but I would say it is very doubtful.

Dave
2015-10-29
Use props
KimDJI
lvl.1

Sweden

Updated the RC via my Nexus 5 with Android 6.0 and the latest DJi GO App = No problems
Then plugged it back into my iPad Mini 3 with iOS 9.1 and DJi Go 2.4 = Flew great, no problems.

2015-10-30
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

ArisMad Posted at 2015-10-29 16:48
Is there any thought to add some digital ZOOM  ...

I think that cropping and enlarging the photo in your computer would give the same result as digital zoom.
2015-10-30
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I updated the firmware for the RC a few days ago, I turned it on and everything seemed ok.  I did not fly it, I was kind of busy that day.  Today I took it out and turned it on...I had to re-boot the app, controller, and Phantom 7 to 8 times before it would connect...then it kept losing connection with the video (the RC connection was fine) and I noticed a weird bug, every time I hit the C1 button on the bottom of the RC (the one that makes the camera look down, then straight ahead) the video would dis-connect.  It would re-connect automatically, but it would take 15 to 30 seconds each time.  Any ideas? is it the app doing this or the RC firmware??  I upgraded both...luckily, I still have DJI Go 2.3 apk on my SD card, so I can roll back the app no problem.  If it's the firmware, I think I'm screwed...
2015-10-30
Use props
torrin
New

United States

mikeon Posted at 2015-10-30 07:45
I think that cropping and enlarging the photo in your computer would give the same result as digit ...

Yup, but how awesome would it be to be able to zoom in on things while you were flying , that is the only "feature" I wish my P2P had.
2015-10-30
Use props
gerrypadden
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-30 02:50
Good to hear it!

Are there any plans to fix the app for brand new owners?? How am I supposed to update the firmware on the RC via iOS 2.4 if there are known issues with it??
2015-10-30
Use props
KimDJI
lvl.1

Sweden

gerrypadden Posted at 2015-10-30 17:19
Are there any plans to fix the app for brand new owners?? How am I supposed to update the firmware ...

Borrow an Android phone or tablet and make the update from it.
2015-10-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

gerrypadden Posted at 2015-10-30 09:19
Are there any plans to fix the app for brand new owners?? How am I supposed to update the firmware ...

Yes we are working on a fix. Like I said a few post above this one.

Also as others have said you could borrow an Android and fix it real quick.
You could even just buy an Android tablet. I have seen them on Amazon and E-bay for $40.

Dave
2015-10-30
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I just had time to run some tests...it is NOT the DJI Go app, its the new controller firmware!! I tried DJI Go 2.0, video would not connect at all, then Go 2.2, video connected but kept disconnecting and took really long to re-connect, tried 2.3 and it connected at first but then in flight it disconnected at least a dozen times in 5 minutes, and with 2.4 I had to reboot everything at least 5 or 6 times before it connected initially for me to take off, once in flight it kept disconnecting, but it reconnected much faster (like that matters) so its NOT the app, its the RC firmware...DJI needs to FIX this shit NOW!!  This never happened with my P3P before I updated the controller...is there a way to "roll back" the RC firmware without bricking the controller??  Keep in mind, once the controller connected, I had full control of the P3P just no video or intermittent video, it flew just fine...the light on the controller stayed green, just kept dropping video connection. And it's NOT wi-fi interfernece either, I flew in a place where I fly all the time with no problems...
2015-10-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

KimDJI Posted at 2015-10-30 09:43
Borrow an Android phone or tablet and make the update from it.

Thanks for the help Kim.

Could you please remove the DJI from your user name.

You are only allowed to have DJI in your user name if you work for DJI. Thanks.

Dave
2015-10-30
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94964 ft
Italy

last night I had installed the new firmware,
today I made my first flight and everything works perfectly :-)
I have three Android devices: Notes 4,  S6 and Tab S with all devices work well without problems.
Out of curiosity I tried an iPad of a friend of mine, in fact there are problems with apple.
Happy to use Android !!
2015-10-30
Use props
jhartle2
New
United States

DJI Dave.  I've read the post about people being able to upgrade their RC using Android buy this is not the case for me. I've had the Inspire for about 3 weeks now and everything worked great until it asked for the upgrade. I downloaded the upgrade via the app but when it try to upgrade it fails each time, just a few beeps then nothing. The controller shows a light blue light then nothing. I tried the 4 button process but nothing. Any suggestions for my situation? I've emailed support 4 times but nothing. Thanks
2015-10-30
Use props
craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913648 ft

Upgraded via android app, worked perfectly..
2015-10-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jhartle2 Posted at 2015-10-30 11:55
DJI Dave.  I've read the post about people being able to upgrade their RC using Android buy this is  ...

Sounds like you have tried everything I would recommend. You might need to send it in.
Sorry to hear support is not answering your e-mail. I will let my boss know.
2015-10-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jhartle2
Sounds like you have tried everything I would recommend. You might need to send it in.
Sorry to hear support is not answering your e-mail. I will let my boss know.
2015-10-30
Use props
m.anhalzer
New

United States

wrs heli Posted at 2015-10-21 16:17
Hi DJI-Tim, or maybe another person can help me
I have a big problem with RC Firmware update from V1 ...

I hace the same problem on my inspire, could you solve it? If you could how did you. I have to travel with the inspire on Tuesday and it got stuck on the landing mode and I need to return it to travel mode but it doesn't link. To the inspire and the app displays the same as yours
2015-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules