Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Its not always easy taking off and landing!!
1088 14 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MYC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello,

I've put together a few take off and landing clips from my boat, its not always easy in the wind and when your moving!!

Enjoy
2015-10-21
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

leaning forward in my chair..... come on...come on... got it, phew!  Good flying!
2015-10-21
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Haha great thank´s!
2015-10-21
Use props
MYC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-10-21 12:56
leaning forward in my chair..... come on...come on... got it, phew!  Good flying!

Thats what its like flying!! I am much better now after using the drone a lot more, so far it hasn't ended up in the water!!

2015-10-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

What am I missing here! I don't see any link or attachment.
2015-10-21
Use props
MYC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've noticed sometimes on my iPhone the video doesn't show or load. Try this link

2015-10-21
Use props
MYC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

http://youtu.be/JAN23OoHCv8
2015-10-21
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

Great man, but thats  very risky
2015-10-21
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

more balls than I...lol
2015-10-21
Use props
MYC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's quite hard but there isn't really any other way with all the rigging on a yacht. I do hold my breath sometimes!!
2015-10-21
Use props
NewfoundView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150886 ft
Canada

Thanks for the posting.

It's something that I've wanted to try but was way too nervous about all the wires, mast, etc.

Now that I've seen it done I may give it a try
2015-10-21
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I can't believe you are doing this without a shoulder strap for the RC!   Looks like it would be very awkward indeed looking for that perfect spot.  And the wind is always a player on the water!  One wrong move you are in the rope and down.  Really get a shoulder strap it takes all the weight then you can just pull the left stick down after the grab.
2015-10-21
Use props
Shon.white
lvl.2

United States

practice makes perfect
2015-10-21
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I really cannot recommend hand catching a Phantom.  In fact...  I don't recommend flying any closer than 3 meters of any person.

There have been more than 1 post of bloody people who tried to catch a P3 and ended up with cuts and blood.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15809-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=23076

Here is the original video of P2 owner with prop guards that was badly injured.   

Here is a video of Enrique Iglesias injuring himself on stage at a convert with a DJI Inspire.

While some may insist it's all perfectly safe...   I would not recommend it.  Too risky.

2015-10-21
Use props
MYC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice I think I'll get a strap that will help out.  It is a bit risky but there isn't really any other way. If it isn't windy then I take off from the table outside just missing the mast rigging but for landing I tend to catch it then if anything does go wrong it's my own fault anyway.
2015-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules