Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

If you don't know what ADS-B is, please check here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au ... %E2%80%93_broadcast

Basically it is the equipment that maintain the current positions of airplanes.

We already have an equipment with GPS and a way to transmit the data (if you your phone/tablet has data).

All we need is a website to state our serial number(or any other way to identify) and the coordinates.

We already have the technologies that avoi us to go to stadiums, etc. How about use it to make sure we are far from planes?

Wouldn't this easy some of the current disaster worries?
2015-10-21
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

Our governments can tout about safety concerns (about our 2lb birds) all they want……in the end it will be about how much revenue can be generated.
2015-10-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Man don't open another can of worms please.
2015-10-23
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

would be a great way to see other drones in the area and make new friends
2015-10-23
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

no...no no no no no!

1090 is already full of traffic!  
2015-10-24
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

I don't really care how but I would like to be push out of the way if comes to keep a plane safe.

All I need is peace of mind.

2015-10-24
Use props
AngelAndres
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone,

this is totally a super-late response, but I can help answer this for anyone looking in the future.  The following may be updated as time goes on:

To transmit an ADS-B Out signal, you need to, of course, mount an ADS-B Out transmitter to your bird.  You can find one of those here soon: skysense.io

Then, you have to program the ADS-B Out transmitter to transmit your unique, FAA issued identifier over the airwaves.  You can get the identifier assigned to your bird if you register using the traditional "N" number system.  You'll get the actual "N" number, a base-8/oct and a base-16/hex 'Mode S' code to program into your transmitter.

Finally, you need to feed that transmitter your GPS signal.  However, it can't just be any run-of-the-mill GPS signal.  It has to be a very accurate type of GPS signal that is called a "WAAS Enabled" GPS signal.  WAAS makes your GPS signal suitable for transmitting to Air Traffic Control and other aircraft in the USA.

Connecting all the pieces I just described will vary depending on which birds you are flying and which transmitter you end up buying.

Feel free to correct me if updates change any of the above.

I hope that helps!

-Angel
2016-7-13
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

AngelAndres Posted at 2016-7-13 06:00
Hi everyone,

this is totally a super-late response, but I can help answer this for anyone looking i ...

Thanks for you reply.

How about we do all that you said but... keep the ADS-B transmitter on the ground, connected to the app and use the bird's positon from the app as GPS location.

Our Phantom 3 uses 2 types of GPS... should be as good as WAAS. No?

The issue is that somebody needs to understand how these things work to build a bridge.

Regards.

2016-7-13
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Canada

Somebody heard my prayers!... it is coming.

https://www.facebook.com/candrones/posts/1576711252633766
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I don't think ADS-B will be implemented but I do see a transponder being required in the future.
2016-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules