Maps Made Easy Map Pilot App
3717 6 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sww60
lvl.3

United States

Has anyone used this yet? any issues? is it worth the cost? Thanks.
2015-10-21
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

I used the beta version.  If you are into mapping, then it's worth it.  You get full offline mission creation.

I guess the only gotcha is the commercial use limitation for now - unless you have the 333 exemption and a pilot's license so you can charge customers for the maps.

But it's a good app, and I've confirmed that it works really well with the P3 - and I have the latest firmware loaded.

Hope that helps.
2015-10-21
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I used the beta also, worked very nicely, great for large hi res ground images.
2015-10-21
Use props
nightrider1383
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331923 ft
United States

It works OK. Unfortunately 80% of my "Offline Map" was processed.

For example, I attached the screenshot of the offline map. You will see the baseball park is completely covered (before): https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6gwtcr0fg7v4k8/IMG_0034.PNG?dl=0

Here is the final processed project (after):
https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/map ... 1fb27788f9cd014812/

Here is the actual picture, showing it was over the bottom-right (in the lake area), just to prove the Phantom 3 was over that area, so should be no reason whyit wasn't stitched in the final processed mapping:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cswekj8owa3gvq/DJI_0433.JPG?dl=0

As you can see, the right-side of the baseball park is cut off, rendering this processed images useless. Also, the top-left corner is chopped off as well.
I selected the extra 3D vertical, which doesn't look anything like the 3D sample. My processed 3D is a flat image 3D. Not a textured 3D like the sample, not sure why that is.
Also found a bug where if you are running a 2 battery mission, but only complete 1 battery, you cannot start another survey unless you delete the offline map associated to the 2 battery flight.

I've created a support ticket and hope someone responds. It's a great concept, but doesn't seem ready for primetime.

2015-11-11
Use props
DHPotter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224524 ft
Indonesia

Thanks for the information people. I headed out today after preparing the flight plan offline as per the sites instructions. Total failure as the app wouldn't operate the P3S, despite the site claiming it is suitable. Used 1 battery just trying to get it to work. The second battery it seemingly was operating but wouldn't operate the drone however after I took off manually all it did was do what I set with the RC. But I touched RTH button on their app the drone flew home. Why would that function operate but not the start function? Gave up had a fly and packed up.
I also add, an irrelevant window kept popping up stating the DJI Inspire needed to in the air first.

I spent so much time adjusting things to try and get it to operate, eventually giving up. This included changing the map area to as small as I could get it to do the test, but all that did was use up all the available free map uploads. So all free uploads of offline missions used up and not yet one successful mission.

Off to look for another app that actually works, this was a waste of $15aud.
2016-4-24
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

DHPotter Posted at 2016-4-24 22:14
Thanks for the information people. I headed out today after preparing the flight plan offline as per ...

Hello DHPotter, just wondering how you went with the Map Pilot app, as I am just about to do some serious mapping.
2016-10-25
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Ive used this a few times now and its great for areas that use 1 battery (not tried with multiple)
I alway use the free option, ie not using the points by keeping the height, speed and overlap to keep within the free processing
They come out good
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules