Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Voice Your Opinion!
970 7 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ranges
lvl.3

United States

AMA Government Relations Blog
http://amablog.modelaircraft.org ... s-dot-announcement/

2015-10-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yes, this is already being discussed on at least two other threads here.
2015-10-21
Use props
rmeyers
lvl.2

United States

I don't think that registration is the answer I do think that there should be some form of education required before you would be able to fly or buy one. I know that is not going to be a popular solution but I do think the dummies out there are going to screw things up for the majority of responsible people flying drones.   
2015-10-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I don't think regulation is being put forward as an answer, it is really only an attempt to tie a person's name to an aircraft for legal reasons. In other words, you do something silly, the aircraft crashes, the authorities get the aircraft and trace it to the owner. Scenario two: you are flying in a park, the cops come up and ask to see your registration. You don't have it, you are arrested and charged with flying an un-registered aircraft.
2015-10-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

hot topic this days...
2015-10-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-22 13:53
hot topic this days...

Yes, but I would not be concerned, it will take much longer to get any laws or regulations in place, their aim to do so before Christmas will not be met. Then the laws will be watered down from what was proposed and everyone will go back to doing what they were before.

The subject is extremely complex and the simple fact that so many agencies and organisations are having input to the process points to it taking a long time to settle.
2015-10-21
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-10-22 09:05
I don't think regulation is being put forward as an answer, it is really only an attempt to tie a pe ...

As a retired chief of police I assure you local cops do not work for the FAA nor the federal government and have much better things to do than clog the system with BS arrests. Police can only makes arrests for criminal laws. Local police do not have authority to arrest for FARs, these are administrative regulations.

They may take the time to write a report and forward to the FAA, if that. Failure to register would have to be adopted as a violation of the U.S. Code by Congress (doubtful). I would not permit my police officers to take time between shootings, stabbings, traffic accidents, etc. to answer a (drone is bothering me) call...
2015-10-22
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

like your avatar, ranges....is creepy
2015-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now