Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sending off DJI INspire1 question.
814 5 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
choptlivah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 795633 ft
Canada

Had a quick question for anyone that has had to send there inspire1 in to DJI for repairs.  In the email I recieved from DJI the following step was given:
6. Pack your equipment safely. Include protection such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Keep in mind that any product shipped just in the on-shelf packaging (i.e. white Phantom box) is not acceptable and will automatically qualify it for invoiced repair. You can always place the product box or case in a cardboard box, this is acceptable.

Inspire 1 is the exception to rule 6, please do ship it in its hard case, packed inside of a cardboard box
Once received by our Los Angeles facility your unit will be considered an active repair. The ETA for repairs is approximately 2-3 Weeks from the date it is checked in by our facility. On that day, you will be emailed. Within that 2-3 Weeks phone or e-mail requests for status updates will not be entertained, as we can only provide you the information you already see when logging into Freshdesk and these requests only serve to slow the process for others. Only in the rare event that more than 2-3 Weeks have passed since your unit was checked in, should you call 818-235-0789 for further assistance.

Now my question is in referring to the exception to rule 6,  How are we supposed to ship our Inspire's if not in the hard carrying case?  Any suggestions as to what they want exactly?  any help would be appreciated.  thanks

2015-10-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that using the hard case is very bulky. DJI may not want the responsibility of the extra components? It is probably easier for them to just have the item that they have to attend to? I would take your repair to a professional shipping company, Fedex, UPS, etc. and have them package it and ship it. Make sure you Insure the package and it's contents and request a signature upon receipt.
Just my thoughts.
2015-10-21
Use props
choptlivah
lvl.2
Canada

Yeah I guess that's what they want,  seems silly to me since the case is laser cut to keep it secure, but I guess I'll pack it separately.  Thanks for the. Reply
2015-10-22
Use props
Rschutte3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275577 ft
United States

Dji wants you to ship it in its case with the case then put into a cardboard box. That is what I did to mine (twice) with no issues
2015-10-22
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

It says "do pack it in the hard case" then put the hard case in a cardboard box.
2015-10-22
Use props
choptlivah
lvl.2
Canada

oh my god,  I feel like an idiot hahaha,  I totally read that wrong!.

2015-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules