955 4 2015-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Group,  I am building up a fast PC desktop and am looking to find a good 4K monitor for it.  I've looked at LED tv's but most are 42" and up, but that's to large, so looking for something smaller.  32" and down to 23" should be nice for viewing.  Any idea's floating out there?  With Christmas around the corner, there should be some new sets coming.

2015-10-21
Use props
Daloaf
lvl.2
United States

There are a few decent 4k monitors out there at the moment.

If your looking for a cheaper one, the Dell P2715Q and the Acer XB280HK are both nice for the price. They are TN monitors though so you will get some color shift when you look at the monitor from different angles.

For better IPS monitors, the Dell has both a 5k 27" monitor and a new 4k 32" (being released in November):
http://accessories.us.dell.com/s ... pic=ultrahd_monitor

And another one that I'm keeping an eye on is the Asus rog pg27aq. It's more of a gaming orientated 4k IPS 27" monitor. It has Gsync which helps when playing PC games with Nvidia cards. It's also supposed to be released before the end of the year.

Pretty soon, we will have plenty of options to choose from in a variety of price ranges.
2015-10-22
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dekoaf,    That is some good information and will go check them out.  I am looking for a high end monitor and some of them can be calibrated for better true color under the correct lighting condition.  You are correct in there are more of these coming online as we go in the 4k and up resolution.
2015-10-22
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-10-23 00:54
Dekoaf,    That is some good information and will go check them out.  I am looking for a high end mo ...

just buy a 5k res iMac.
2015-10-24
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mac's are ok but not for me.  Used them for many years at my graphic place of work and use pc at home.  Both are good and when in Photoshop there just about the same except for a few keystrokes.  So I used both platforms but still like my peace of crap.   :-)   I do used a mac monitor at the moment, so your half right.   
2015-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules