Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any suggestions for a better iPad mount?
1125 9 2015-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have tightened the screw in the back of the iPad mount as much as I can and my ipad still seems to fall backwards (towards the antenna.) I knew this would at some point be a failure but now I have tightened the screw so tight that it has stripped out the threads. So I will go to the harwarre store and get a new screw and nut. Of course it wont look as nice but I was wondering if anyone had devised a better method. The sides of both the bracket and the iPad holder should have ridges and some sort of quick release mechanisim so you can tighten and loosen this to taste adn it will stay. This friction method is not a good one at all for the weight of the iPad.

ipad-mount.jpg

2015-10-22
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is no one else having issues with the screw not being able to be tightened enough to hold the iPad at a specific angle?
2015-10-27
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Not a problem for me thus far.  The Inspire and Phantom 3 RC set up is far superior to what I had to contend with on my previous Phantom2.
2015-10-27
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

No issues here either.
2015-10-28
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I remember seeing a "mod" for this on Youtube some time ago ... you are not alone (I also have this problem but I am using my iPhone as a device instead to avoid it).
2015-10-29
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The screw can only get so tight and then it will not bind enough to hold the cradle in position with the weight of an ipad.
2015-10-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

houston Posted at 2015-10-27 06:38
Is no one else having issues with the screw not being able to be tightened enough to hold the iPad a ...

Hi Houston,

I do not have the problem to the level you are experiencing. The plastic on the holder is the bearing surface and plastic will continue to wear at this point. Once the plastic is worn away there will not be enough material to create the friction needed to hold your iPads weight.

Using the present design, you may add a large nylon flat washer underneath the screw to give you new purchase on the mount to let you get this assembly tight again.

Hope this helps

Rich  
2015-11-1
Use props
weigi.hartanto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2141631 ft
Indonesia

hi.. you should try insert metal ring before you tighten it.... itworks for me and cal hold my ipad air for spesific angle of the craddle

thanks
2015-11-1
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The problem with that whole design is that the metal that the screw is made of is really soft. When I went to tighten it down enough to hold the ipad it stripped out. I have since replaced the screw wiht stainless steel. Doesn't look as nice, but it holds much tighter.
2015-11-14
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-11-2 01:50
Hi Houston,

I do not have the problem to the level you are experiencing. The plastic on the holde ...

Thank you Rich, good tip.
2015-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules