DJI Phantom 3 Pro - hover stability issue ?
2516 7 2015-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JK JK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

Hi,

I have noticed, the gimbal needs to be adjusted +1,0 in gimbal setting to keep it in ideal horizontal level. Evenmore when I let the bird hover it does not stay frozen at one place but it is a moving in all three axis (X,Y,Z) plus/minus 20cm from the initial position to both sides.  The wind was around 8km/hourThe IMU setting shows correct values and Check IMU says "No need calibration".My question is - is this moving normal? I did already IMU and gimbal calibration. How about the gimbal issue?

There is a flightlog:
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=OTE4MA
See a video how my bird hovers without touching the RC

2015-10-22
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think there will be some drift, Healthydrones reports the max gust was at 14.1mph while the average at 4.3mph - these gusts are hitting the drone which has to compensate. Unfortunately they are still not that intelligent to predict when a gust will happen.  
2015-10-22
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

CFM01 Posted at 2015-10-22 21:14
I think there will be some drift as show because Healthydrones reports the max gust was at 14.1mph w ...

So, you think it is ok. Right?
What do you think, the gimbal has to be adjusted +1,0 to keep ideal horizontal level?

Thank you
2015-10-22
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

I would say that is pretty perfect hover.

Older drones that only use US satellites not the Russian ones move  in a 20' (6m) space in wind at least my WKM and Naza units do.

The more satellites you get the smaller the space  the MR will hover.

I think DJI states 2-3m lateral accuracy and 1-2m in altitude in GPS mode. So you are well within specs.

I have seen mine move 6' in gusts close to the ground. One reason I don't like flying GPS close to the ground in gusty conditions, one pilot correcting is better than 2 IMHO. Much safer to land in Atti in high wind for me at least, I can see, feel and hear gusts coming the GPS can not it just reacts to being moved.
2015-10-22
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

pretty perfect hover. I don't see any problem.
2015-10-22
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Not bad for a breezy day.
2015-10-22
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

That is totally aceptable. Close to ground and houses the air is mooving differently then when clear from such objects
2015-10-22
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Czechia

Thank you to all.

I thought that I had problems with IMU and has to be calibrated, because the gimbal "fall" a bit to the right and has to be adjusted by DJI Go in value +1,0.  Couple a week ago the bird fell from 5m (16,4ft) ) when during slowly rise up the bird hit an isolated cable. It did not fall directly to the ground, because the downfall was slowed by my hand when I tried to catch him. There were no big damages only one arm was hit and there is now small a crack in the midle of upper part of the arm. Of course the proppers has to be replaced because of damaged.
2015-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules