Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rumors
3761 17 2014-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

Can someone tell me if this is legit?

https://www.firstpersonview.co.u ... er-shipping-update/

This site is saying the following:

So DJI have officially announced they will start shipping the
DJI Inspire 1 quadcopters
to retailers within the next week! Let the fun commence.

It was posted December 18th.

2014-12-19
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

This is the first I have heard about it. If it is official, I would think it would be all over the place.
2014-12-19
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Could be possible, I was told DJI Inspire  were going to ship be the end of December that would out them out on @ 26th, there is only 3 more work days in the month so I think its going to be close that's for sure.
2014-12-19
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

from what i have heard that is true. but then,it is second hand info. so who knows.
2014-12-19
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2014-12-20 11:24
This is the first I have heard about it. If it is official, I would think it would be all over the p ...

Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2014-12-19
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I've ordered from another UK stockist who said pretty much the same thing to me - that they said they anticipate their first delivery next week.
2014-12-20
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Time to stir the pot, follow the link and see the first post. I stumbled across it on Instagram. Hmmmm

http://www.oninstagram.com/profile/skyecamproductions
2014-12-20
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Well, I see they seem to have the silver RC, which means that it isn't the beta black rc. Thanks for the link.
2014-12-20
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

AVNes Posted at 2014-12-21 10:12
Time to stir the pot, follow the link and see the first post. I stumbled across it on Instagram. Hmm ...

Hmmm... That's interesting, it's giving me hope!
2014-12-20
Use props
lboria
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372631 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting goose bumps......
2014-12-20
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2014-12-21 10:50
Well, I see they seem to have the silver RC, which means that it isn't the beta black rc. Thanks for ...

Crazy thing is I spoke with my dealer this morning about something else and delivery of the Inspire came up. He said they have an email into the rep, but last they've heard from DJI is end of December shipping with early January delivery to tier 1 DJI dealers which they are.

So, who knows still...
2014-12-20
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

AVNes Posted at 2014-12-21 11:35
Crazy thing is I spoke with my dealer this morning about something else and delivery of the Inspir ...

That is is absolutely correct, Tier 1 dealers are first up. always,  here in the US, i believe the Premier DJI Dealers are first in line from what i experienced, in the past i seen  Premier DJI Dealer's get out new release inventory sometime 1 - 2 weeks before the smaller dealers, the  Premier DJI Dealer i purchased  from claims they had to buy in 100 units for the first order so they will be among the first shipments being shipped,, he claims they will be shipping out the first round about the same time DJI is shipping out to their customers. i think they do this on purpose to ship there inventory about the same time as the  Premier DJI Dealers will ship to get product out close to the same time.
2014-12-20
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

Mexico

If I were DJI, I would fulfill every tier of dealer order before shipping a single unit to a direct purchaser.  Think about the cash flow.  Dealers fill orders and send mountains more cash immediately to DJI in order to secure future orders.  DJI already has the cash from individual purchasers, and has been using that money to fund its operations for over a month now.  There is no incentive whatsoever to ship, as any repeat business from individuals would not only be incredibly small in volume, but not likely to happen for another couple of years.  Add to that the free use of direct purchasers' capital, and I would be impressed to see DJI ship direct sales before Fall 2015.

I'm not knocking DJI on this at all.  Just tipping my hat to smart business practice if that comes to pass.

This from an idiot who knew better, but ordered directly from DJI anyway.  As a young company, DJI's inevitable evolution into the arrogance and disconnection from its user base of companies like Apple is still a few years away .  DJI's transparency and frequent updates from many levels of engineering and management on this forum, as well as the impressive schwag (a case 1/3 the size that fits more than a $469 case for free? - YGBSM!) have convinced me that these guys have a heart, and will take care of us.

For now....
2014-12-20
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ultraturtle Posted at 2014-12-21 15:54
If I were DJI, I would fulfill every tier of dealer order before shipping a single unit to a direct  ...

Are you using Autumn 2015 as a ploy to get more people to cancel their order?
So your one moves further up the list?
I would imagine that the vast majority of direct purchasers did so via credit card.
Also it is highly likely that the major dealers purchase their stock via credit card also.
A very common practice.
Because they know the credit company protects them as a guarantor to both parties.
So I doubt quite as much money has changed hands as you think.
As a general rule monies shouldn't change hands until goods are dispatched.
The slight bend in this particular case is that there is a deadline the credit card enforces.
That once a transaction has been authorised it has to be completed within a set period.
I know for a fact that though I placed my order direct on the 13th Nov.
There was no payment dawn against my card by DJI on that monthly statement.
2014-12-21
Use props
michael
lvl.2

Australia

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2014-12-21 16:45
So your one moves fu ...

I personally believe DJI wants to encourage more direct business, after all, they make a higher margin from direct customers.  Just look at their rewards/loyalty program which rewards people who order direct.  I covered my base - ordered direct and from a tier 1 reseller
2014-12-21
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

Mexico

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2014-12-21 16:45
So your one moves fu ...

That was not my intention.  It was simply to point out that DJI has less incentive to ship to individuals than it does to dealers.   Should customers purchasing from both sources receive their Inspire 1s close to the same time, then I commend DJI's fairness.
2014-12-21
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

AVNes Posted at 2014-12-21 10:12
Time to stir the pot, follow the link and see the first post. I stumbled across it on Instagram. Hmm ...

Skyecamproductions made a note under their instagram picture:

"This is a demo unit from DJI, we are hoping to have our dual controller units in hand by next week we are told"
2014-12-21
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

Zeebadoo Posted at 2014-12-22 00:59
Skyecamproductions made a note under their instagram picture:

"This is a demo unit from DJI, we a ...

Of course they didn't post that on the original post. They did it later under comments...
2014-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules