how to set dynamic home
1869 7 2014-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msaraviatx
lvl.1

United States

whant my phantom to fallow me on my bike filming a runner in front how can u do that?
2014-12-19
Use props
afbigfish
New

United States

I to am interested in this as well. According to dji the firmware update on Oct 28 the dynamic home point is automatic.  I must have a older firmware cause I do not see anything about dynamic home point in the app. I did read somewhere you can turn it on or off from the app. but I am still very new at all this so waiting on a pro to answer better
2014-12-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

When you open your DJI app on your phone or your tablet,  tap the settings and scroll down.  You will see "dynamic home point".  Turn that on.  Then your Phantom will automatically reset the home point to where your transmitter is.  You must have internet connected.
2014-12-19
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Just to clarify,
Dynamic home point is not a "follow me" feature.
When enabled it updates its Return to Home point every few seconds via the GPS in your smartphone.
You do not need an internet connection, just a smartphone with GPS enabled.
2014-12-19
Use props
msaraviatx
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-20 14:34
Just to clarify,
Dynamic home point is not a "follow me" feature.
When enabled it updates its Return ...

thanks John so a video of a phantom fallowing a truck same distance and altitude, will turn it on and see what happen, thanks
2014-12-20
Use props
afbigfish
New

United States

post your findings here as well please.  I know dynamic home is technically not a follow me feature but I am interested to see if it will somewhat work in that capacity.  A follow me feature seems to be a major short coming on DJI part I would easily pay 50 or maybe more to have this feature added as it seems like a lot of others would to.  Im no computer wiz but it seems doable with just some extra code.  charge it as a upgrade if needed but give us a follow me.   The major problem I see with using the dynamic home point is you would need to match the speed of the phantom the phantom will not match your speed. Go to fast and it could decide to take a shorter route and hit something go to slow it is going to catch you and possibly give you a hair cut.  it sure seems easy enough to add some code so you could get the phantom up in the air and lock its position from the dynamic home point and it would just stay X feet away at X height
2014-12-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

msaraviatx@yaho Posted at 2014-12-20 22:07
thanks John so a video of a phantom fallowing a truck same distance and altitude, will turn it on  ...

I have a doubt that they where using dynamic home point unless the Phantom was over 10m away.  At over 10m pulling back on the flight stick, when in home lock will fly the Phantom towards you but at 10m it changes to course lock.  I suspect that if you flew just fast enough to maintain the distance between you and the Phantom you could keep the Phantom in home lock but as mentioned it isn't really follow-me since you would need to be matching speed.
2014-12-20
Use props
afbigfish
New

United States

I just did a little more research and looks like there is a bigger problem.  according to this thread

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... %2Bhome&lang=en   

when the home point function is triggered the phantom will go to the last recorded home point and not continue to update. This is a bummer if thats how it works.  We are half way there is there a petition to sign so DJI will consider adding this.   
2014-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules