Many Many Updates all at once
1386 8 2015-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

So many updates coming all at once.  DJI Go, RC firmware, Apple iOS 9.1 and possibly a P3 firmware update sometime soon (I heard late October...).  
Sounds like the perfect storm.  lol.   

I don't mind trying the iOS update on my mini 2 (because I have an iPad Air 2) to see what happens but the RC firmware is a no going back to previous update type of update.  
So I think I will wait a week to see what pans out with all of this especially with 3rd party apps.

So one of the RC firmware changes is suppose to be encryption between controller and bird now.  Which I would imagine is a good thing because it would be harder for someone to hack your controll of your P3 away from you.  But the GPS spoofing would still be a problem (that is what atti mode is for though).  But if they are not allowing you to back out to the previous version if you are having problems then what is being added that we don't know about yet?

For those that have updated, can you tell me if you are still flying normal with following 3rd party apps?  Reason I ask is that the SDK versions etc all have to be compatible with the new RC Firmware.

1 ) Litchi  Edit: (Android only)
2 ) Maps Made Easy (iOS only they are thinking about Android)
3 ) Airnest (beta) but a really novel and cool app! (iOS only for now)  That I am having a lot of fun with!
4) AutoPilot (I don't have this one but others do).

2015-10-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the age of Technology. Life in the fast lane.
2015-10-23
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

That AirNest looks great.  I am very interested in it when it goes android.

Thanks
2015-10-23
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Sir,

Litchi won't work with IOS, just for Andriod at present.

Jerry
2015-10-23
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-23 13:45
Sir,

Litchi won't work with IOS, just for Andriod at present.

Wanted to know if Litchi was still working fine with new RC firmware update as that is one of the updates I mentioned.  I am more worried about the third party software and the new RC firmware than I am of operating system problems.

2015-10-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-23 20:52
Wanted to know if Litchi was still working fine with new RC firmware update as that is one of the  ...

Sir,

Maybe I got confused, what I was trying to tell you is you cannot use Litch with any IOS devices. Litchi is not designed to work with the iPhone or iPad. Litch is designed to work with Android devices only. Maybe I need to re read your question.

Jerry
2015-10-23
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-23 22:13
Sir,

Maybe I got confused, what I was trying to tell you is you cannot use Litch with any IOS dev ...

Yes, I have Litchi, Maps Made Easy, and AirNest (Beta) but I don't have Autopilot.   I have a Nexus 7 2013 I use just for Litchi and I use iPad Air 2, or my iPad Mini 2 to use with the others.

During the Airnest Beta they asked us the other day to give them anything slightly out of the norm do to the new RC Firmware because they had to plan in advance for this release and all the beta before was without using it.  So I figured I would just not beta the new release and let the others do that.  LOL.  That would have been a double beta in my mind.  So I will wait a bit and see what the others are saying.

2015-10-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-10-24 08:12
Yes, I have Litchi, Maps Made Easy, and AirNest (Beta) but I don't have Autopilot.   I have a Nexu ...

Sir,

Gotcha! I'm doing the same. I use Litchi pretty exclusively these days. I just got my "video signal loss" issue resolved about two weeks ago after my upgrade from the dev version to 1.4.1. Everything is working spot on right now. Im not doing any new updates until I've seen evidence that they are working as intended.

Jerry
2015-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules