1895 7 2015-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donniepitflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 959173 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys
            I'm having an issue with a company I do work for.  I do video for them in MP4 format and they don't seem to be able to play them on their computers. I know they are on Windows seven but would appreciate any help or advice of anything I can do as it is an ongoing job and don't want to lose it. Any help appreciated.
Thanks guys.
2015-10-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

download the free VLC player and just drag and drop the file into the player...... it will work

http://downloadape.org/vlc-playe ... utm_term=mp4+player

Rich
2015-10-23
Use props
dgmultimedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216526 ft
United Kingdom

If this is a medium or large company with "Corporate network policies" they may have rules I place on their PCs that prevent video files from being played, media players from being installed, in fact they may be in locked down so users can't do anything other than run corporate programmes... I suggest that you talk to the company's IT dept...
2015-10-24
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

mp4 is a common windows file format and should play just fine, should play normally in a default windows installation though, so likely its being blocked like previous posters said.  Talk to their IT department.
2015-10-24
Use props
donniepitflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks guys will have a chat to them Monday
am.
2015-10-24
Use props
donniepitflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Paul
        It is aerial video I am doing and have tried 4K and 1080 in mov and MP4  for them but as it was mentioned before it more likely company that don't allow videos to be downloaded as most are the docking laptops, I will speak to them Monday but they are getting me to do 30 min plus videos for them maybe 4/6 times a month so you can see I would like that to carry on. I do a little work on them before giving them the footage on micro but either I have to play it or they use personal laptops to play them without issue so probably company limitations. Thanks for the advice though,might use that myself.
Regards Donnie
2015-10-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

donniepitflyer@ Posted at 2015-10-24 07:03
Paul
        It is aerial video I am doing and have tried 4K and 1080 in mov and MP4  for them but a ...

I do some 4K videos for our manufacturing plant. I had the same problem and our IT guy put the VLC player on my system. This worked and windows media player did not. This is just a idea, and like Paul said, you need some CPU horse power to get a smooth video to play correctly

Rich
2015-10-24
Use props
donniepitflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rich
           I will talk to the various managers and hopefully they can look at the software you mentioned as you said , great quality as long as they can see it, love the inspire and phantom platform and I find if people see what these things are capable of they will happily buy into it and that is work for all.
  Thanks for advise and help
  Regards Donnie
2015-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules