Video stopping during a long record
1075 5 2015-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

I am a new Inspire 1 owner.  I just upgraded from my Phantom 3 Advanced.  I did notice that for some reason, my video file has an issue on certain clips that I record.  I'm recording at 4K 30 fps.  The issue is that during playback, the video starts off ok, then partway into it, it just stops and there's no way to skip ahead.  Not sure if anyone has seen this issue.  I'm using a 64 gig memory stick that I used on my Phantom 3 Advanced.  This has happened to be twice (Only flew it twice).  Not sure what's going on.

I've updated to the latest firmware as of yesterday.

Thanks
2015-10-23
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

I believe I figured out why my video has issues on playback.  I have a feeling my 64 gig card was not fast enough for 4K.  Bought a new card today.    I hope this resolves the issue.
2015-10-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi Ngl1145! There is a limit of 4GB for each video file even though the video stops, it starts new recording immediately
2015-10-28
Use props
Ngl1145
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-28 06:11
Hi Ngl1145! There is a limit of 4GB for each video file even though the video stops, it starts new r ...

Thanks Tim.  The issue I had was that the video file was saved from the Inspire camera, however when I played the video on my computer, it would play for 10 seconds and then stop still having 3 more minutes left in the video.  This happened to me several times already.  I bought a new card and had the inspire format it.  Hopefully it solves the corrupt video file issue.  Thanks for notifying me of the 4 gb limit per file.  I'm guessing it saves all your video, just splits the file into 2.
2015-10-28
Use props
mick.briggs
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-28 10:11
Hi Ngl1145! There is a limit of 4GB for each video file even though the video stops, it starts new r ...

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but may I ask why there is a 4GB limit?

Can this be changed in the settings these days?

Thanks.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Ngl1145 Posted at 2015-10-28 20:40
Thanks Tim.  The issue I had was that the video file was saved from the Inspire camera, however whe ...

Correct! I'm glad your issue is solved!
2016-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules