warranty!!!!
1198 4 2015-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

This is for DJI tahoe and DJI customer service hope they can help me.

On august i've experimented a fly away from my phantom, a few days after being updated with 1.3.20 FW.
Mine P3A was one month old,36610 meters on "his"flight log and never experienced a crash nor problem before.
I experienced a great delay in data trasmission and loss of signal on RC very often,no signal,wake signal ecc....
I was landing my P3A when signal was loss, with non chance to recover it,i was at about 20 meters from my P3 no obstacole between me and him, but still without signal,and flew away,i guess because after 10 seconds without signal, the RTH function start and as you can imagine i flew away and crashed,the RC was not working...at all.
Now DJI gave me the BILL,more than 300 euros to get it back and i have 15 days of time to accept this sentence.
So the question is: is warranty only a word meaningless?
I wasn't doing a slalom between trees nor flying it in a irresponsible way,in that case onestly speaking,i would have accepted the BILL without saying absolutely nothing.
But due to the fact that the crash happened not due to me but "maybe" for a real problem of that FW release (also check this thread many complain about 1.3.20 FW performance)
i guess this should be covered by warranty.So if you DJI are listening i have my RMA number ...let me know

http://forum.dji.com/search.php?mod=newsearch&keyword=1.3.20&type=forum

Thanks
2015-10-23
Use props
magart2.hotmail
lvl.2
United States

I haven't heard of any flyaway issues with 1.3.20 firmware. Mine corrected the VPS bug but did not affect anything else. Has been flying flawless since I updated.
2015-10-23
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Italy

magart2.hotmail Posted at 2015-10-23 23:44
I haven't heard of any flyaway issues with 1.3.20 firmware. Mine corrected the VPS bug but did not a ...

The most import problem relate to this fw was RC radio signal poor quality...as u can check in other related post regarding this,mine flew away i suppose only because lost signal for an amount of time wich caused RTH i guess in the wrong way...and i was landing at about 20 meters from where i was..
So the real problem is radio signal in my case as many other users got proof of it...
I wasn't able to recover it nor pushing RTH button to stop it and no command was responding...
2015-10-24
Use props
sami
lvl.1

Finland

starfighters Posted at 2015-10-24 13:07
The most import problem relate to this fw was RC radio signal poor quality...as u can check in oth ...

Hi here is my 5 cents...

There is ofcourse slight possibility that transmitter is sending "bulky/errorneous" signals?
Before every flight, be sure that Home point is succesfully stored.
If you see situation that aircraft is not reacting the way you want. Yuo can try to switch off transmitter so you can be sure that RTH is activated.  Aircraft should then return to home point.

Sami
2015-10-24
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sami Posted at 2015-10-24 10:27
Hi here is my 5 cents...

There is ofcourse slight possibility that transmitter is sending "bulky/ ...

The home point was succesfully recorded,i gues the problem with RC,as i pinpoint,many other detected with that fw version,caused the RTH procedure,i guess...but i only suppose that,anyway RTH or not drove crazy...
Strange to have no signal at about 20 meters distance..this is the problem....
No warranty cover...
2015-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules